Dungeon ga Arawarete 5-nen, 15-sai de Dungeon ni Idomu Koto ni Shita. - Ch. 5

Group Leader
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So the fair-haired companion briefly seen in chapter 1 was not the sister but a new girl from abroad, huh.
And it's a little unusual that she wants to level up to improve her 'appearance stats'. These dungeons surely change the way modeling agencies would operate, they'd work more like military companies or something.

Supporter
So the fair-haired companion briefly seen in chapter 1 was not the sister but a new girl from abroad, huh.
And it's a little unusual that she wants to level up to improve her 'appearance stats'. These dungeons surely change the way modeling agencies would operate, they'd work more like military companies or something.
If they stay true to the novel, appearance increases by the same amount every level up to level 10. So the MC, who started at 8 at level one and then saw it go up to 16 at level two will end up at 80 which is basically unheard of.

So it makes total sense that models and actors would try to level up to 10 if possible.

Of course the girls in his party are starting out with a much higher number, but it is also increasing slower.

There’s also people who start low and it only goes up by 1, generally they’re considered not to be favoured by the dungeon and also have lower than average luck of 2.

Dex-chan lover
Revolver magazine?! I'm no firearms expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not a revolver.
Also why would you pick a bow and arrow when you have access to handguns? Higher rate of fire, just as if not more damaging and cheaper ammo.

Dex-chan lover
Also why would you pick a bow and arrow when you have access to handguns? Higher rate of fire, just as if not more damaging and cheaper ammo.
The common reason is because guns don't benefit from skills and stats/levels, but we haven't really seen anything to suggest either way. He does mention a drop, so it might just be that one of the goblins dropped the bow and they're trying it out to see how it fares as a quieter alternative. Also, the price of ammo can vary greatly depending on where you are, bullets might be cheaper than arrows where you're from but that doesn't mean that'd hold true for someone in Japan, and with a bow they always have the option of making their own arrows or reusing ones that don't seem too beat up.

Dex-chan lover
As much as I like Evie design is hyper unrealistic for the story that a american super model that wants to reach level 1000 to join a duo of japanese kids she doesn't know to adventure in Japan instead of just hiring bodyguards to carry her.
Of course is likely that she will be a prideful character and doesn't want to be carried, so the sister of her friend and colleague being a newbie too is good to her, but still, it feels pretty forced.
Another good reason too is that a team that could carry her would cost a lot as is like entering a warzone with a civilian and letting them take the kill, when aadventurer could just do usual business, become stornger and make easy money, if she doesn't have the pride was talking about it hould still be possible to hire someone to reach level 5 before they ask for too much money.

For the question about guns and bows, guns are likely good for the start, but then after levelling a bow is better because the adventurer is able to pull arrows so much they hit like bullets, are cheaper and have the stealth bonus a gun can't have.

Dex-chan lover
The common reason is because guns don't benefit from skills and stats/levels, but we haven't really seen anything to suggest either way. He does mention a drop, so it might just be that one of the goblins dropped the bow and they're trying it out to see how it fares as a quieter alternative. Also, the price of ammo can vary greatly depending on where you are, bullets might be cheaper than arrows where you're from but that doesn't mean that'd hold true for someone in Japan, and with a bow they always have the option of making their own arrows or reusing ones that don't seem too beat up.
I assume when the world went to shite the ammo and gun laws became basically non-existant. I'm an aussie and even here our ammo isn't that expensive (and considering what your drops give money for, you make money hand over fist). I'm about to start reading the web novel so I'm hoping that gives a better reason as I feel like the manga is skipping context and explaining things.

Cause currently in the manga I see no reason someone would pick the bow and arrrow over a gun, sure a bow is silent and all that kinda but it's also higher maintenance then a gun too. You can't just go around with bows with the string in the whole time, I mention this as they specifically pointed out the whole weapon maintenance thing. Also Arrows generally can only be reused if you miss (and this isn't 100%) or they don't break when you pull it out of the dead thing.

Supporter
Your guess was quite accurate.

They get into it more later on but basically the “quality“ of a level-up is determined by how hard it was to get and XP is also related with that. Guns make killing too easy so the reward for doing so is near zero. Stat boosts and the chances of getting skills when you level up increase with how close to death you were when fighting basically. It’s a strange dungeon system.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

There r too many chara with a few loose screw...
XD...

Dex-chan lover

They get into it more later on but basically the “quality“ of a level-up is determined by how hard it was to get and XP is also related with that. Guns make killing too easy so the reward for doing so is near zero. Stat boosts and the chances of getting skills when you level up increase with how close to death you were when fighting basically. It’s a strange dungeon system.
If you get fucked you get drops. Basically

Dex-chan lover

Basically a risk-reward system.

Aggregator gang
Could be using a speedloader or speed-strip. Depends on the caliber and model, but most can come as cheap as $30.
Oh I know you can get speedloaders and such for revolvers.. But look at the weapon he's using. It's a semi-automatic pistol, not a revolver. It was kind of like saying "I need to go sharpen this axe" when they're clearly holding a sword.

Dex-chan lover
Oh I know you can get speedloaders and such for revolvers.. But look at the weapon he's using. It's a semi-automatic pistol, not a revolver. It was kind of like saying "I need to go sharpen this axe" when they're clearly holding a sword.
Looked back and I can see what you mean. Looks like something along the lines of a M1911 (dunno how you get THOSE in Japan, even in this setting, because I doubt the JP government would allow even explorers to have .45ACP or above). So either @KDT_SCANS messed up while translating, or the writer clearly doesn't know their guns. That said, it's not impossible for a revolver to look something like that, but... we'll just say the author f*cked up for now.

Dex-chan lover
So I've been reading the WN, the firearm thing has not been told properly at all. Basically modern weapons don't grant or barely grant experience and IF you do somehow level up from them you get worse stat increases at level up. Actually just in general there is so much stuff missed I HIGHLY recommend reading said WN as it's actually insane how much info has been removed from the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread