Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 11 Ch. 72 - Thistle V

Dex-chan lover
Well, looks like the mangaka is as much a fan of that ship as much of the audience is.

Dex-chan lover
Remember what happened the last time a Thorden was around a mana- starved Marcille?

And that time there wasnt even alcohol around

BwqAdc0.png

Dex-chan lover
@steamhare Well, being desireless doesnt seem to be the same as being dead, but it easily lead to it.

The elf captain is a good example, but his and Thistle cases have diferences, Thistles has been obsescing over hos friend for centuries and lost touch with his own memories, i think for someone like him having his desires taken like that might as well just be a husk.

@steamhare

He's now a desire-less husk. Senshi is watching over him with a blanket draped over him.
Can't say there's a way to bring desires back but his body might have some plot relevance very soon since we have another (almost) desireless elf coming soon.

Dex-chan lover
This fucking lion just gets worse, i dont want him close to Marcile.

I didnt like Thistle but ending like that was... undignified, this thing i just a parasite.

i really like how demons are portrayed in dungeon meshi

that said i wonder, can humans taste desire too?

Dex-chan lover
Don't people develop desires over time anyways though? Like for a modern example, say you desire a PS4. Then one day the ps5 comes out and you desire that now. The desire for the ps5 didnt exist before.

So even if the demons eat your desire, can't you just get more desire? Heck, can't you simply desire what you desired before yet again?

Dex-chan lover
The relaxing scenes at the end feel more than just a bit foreboding considering what the lion did to thistle at the start, they're all just blissfully unaware of the fact that after a while the lion will be wanting to do the exact same thing to them.

Dex-chan lover
@SpaghettiProphet

The lion didn't eat his desire to live.

You have to think of it as being completely paralyzed but screaming for help as the one who paralyzed you starts carving it your heart.

Users who are viewing this thread