Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 11 Ch. 72 - Thistle V

Dex-chan lover
@beperov
Pick+a+side+delicious+in+dungeon_c106e7_6437754.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@SpaghettiProphet There's his desire to resist, and there's his desire to see Delgal again. He can't fight back against the Lion without his desire to resist, but his desire to see Delgal again allows him to revive Marcille to defeat the Lion. I guess Thistle hopes that defeating the Lion will bring back his desires, though it remains to be seen if that's the case.

I've been under the impression that Thistle's desires had been partially eaten by the Lion before he sealed it away, since there was a scene where he talked about wanting to see Delgal again, but forgot what he wanted to do after that. However, it looks like Thistle didn't know about the Lion's true goal his whole time, so maybe my theory was wrong and Thistle's thousand years of madness led him to forget his true desires, or maybe the Lion just stealthily took a bite of Thistle's desires before being sealed.

@Alcion

It's a bit complicated than that. You can't desire anything if all the other desires that you have are already consumed.
A desire to eat, to be happy, to be sad, to live and many more.

The only reason why Mithrun/Misurn was able to keep on going despite having his desires consumed is because the only one he has left is his 'desire to eradicate all demons' and nothing else to the point that he needs a caretaker to meet his needs and wants.

He will do anything as long as what he's doing is aligned to his one and only desire he has left.

Dex-chan lover
What a lit cover...
I only recognize Migi & Dali and the middle upper ones...

Anyone know the rest of the titles from the cover page??

Dex-chan lover
@Alcion Demons probably eat more general desires, so in your example, the demon would eat your desire for entertainment, which would mean you no longer desired a PS4, and when the PS5 comes out, you won't desire it either. Mithrun's only desire left is vengeance against demons, so when a new demon appears, he'll want to kill it, but he can't accumulate any other desires.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the release.
Senshi is plotting something.
I think we are going to get tonnes of Thistle doujins because Thistle no longer has the desire to resist.

Dex-chan lover
@Alcion previous chapters already explained the demons don't eat or want to eat shallow desires.

Simply wanting a thing isn't tasty to them. They want to eat the desire that makes up who you are, the desire that is your motivation in life.

Thistle's entire being was consumed by his desire to protect, keep safe, have an everlasting kingdom for Derghal, because he literally helped raise Derghal.

Marcille's desire is to have all races age and die after the same amount of time, because of watching her father pass away.

Laius' desire is to domesticate and integrate monsters into the world as food sources, because of how much he loves monsters.

Pretty sure desiring a Playstation isnt really on the same level.

Dex-chan lover
@Swagner I get that but doesn't the Winged Lion eat his desires to resist a page before Thistle touches Marcille? Why would he still be able to cast magic or even have the capability of resisting at all?
@Spaghettiprophet
I think reviving someone is not a part of ressisting.. He knows he is in danger but he didn't know what kind of danger lays upon him.

Same thing with Captain Misurn back then, he knows The goat eating him and causing him a danger... He can't resist but still have a thought of helplessly doing something. It's just both of them can't directly harm the devil

@Miyono_chan

Remember the one village leader who helped guide the group down to the next level? That's him turned into a doll.

Group Leader
Bloody hell, they cooked a dragon like a damn chicken!

This calm atmosphere ... is suspicious.

Dex-chan lover
Kek. Good job Marcille and Laius. Laius failed to stop Thistle but he helped open the book that in turn help the winged lion to be able to come out and finished Thistle. Marcille did a good job to closed the book that stop the winged lion from coming outside to buy them sometime.

Aggregator gang
Wait, if marcille is 50, her father was 82 and he died when she was a child, either marcille was a child for a very long time and then quickly turned into a young woman, or he had her pretty old. (edit: she enrolled into academy when she was 35, her father died before; he could be prolific grandpa, but yado on the table and ease with which all of them we ressurected, for a second time that day, that Laios was fed something, that he doesn't actually know Marcille's age coupled with how long paparcille lived for medieval setting makes me suspect that everything isn't as real as it seems.)
Also, why every close contact with thistle is so kinky?
And laios, laios, yet again, reacted to marcille with her hair down. I wonder why, exactly, hair is important to him?

Dex-chan lover
There is something very unsettling about seeing them eat happily. It's like the calm before the storm.

Users who are viewing this thread