Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97.8 - Blu-ray's Extra - "What If" Situation

Dex-chan lover
If Falin is the only one trying to save Laios, that would be impossible because Marcille would never let Falin be in danger plus Senshi can't be recruited because the reason he joined Laios was because of his interest in monsters and how they taste.

Dex-chan lover
If Falin is the only one trying to save Laios, that would be impossible because Marcille would never let Falin be in danger plus Senshi can't be recruited because the reason he joined Laios was because of his interest in monsters and how they taste.
This is the "universe" of Laios paranoia, so we're supposed to presumably accept that Marcille doesn't care THAT much about him, lmao. But I don't think we need to dig that deep into it, considering these are the obvious character's fears and not a canon alternate universe or anything like that.

What if Marcille was the one eaten by the dragon? I think they would've made it too
They would’ve been screwed if that were the case I think. Even if the crew had gone in after her and killed the dragon, they wouldn’t have been able to resurrect her because her soul would’ve been too weak to revive just like Falins was, and Falin herself doesn’t know the ancient magic spell that Marcille used to revive her originally 😨

Dex-chan lover
what an interesting What if though the samurai dude was missing the first one lol

Dex-chan lover
Falin running back into the dungeon by herself filled me with so much horror. It's a good thing that didn't happen...

Dex-chan lover
Come on Kui Ryoko-Sensei, make another manga volume with afterstories and gags. Just one. You know you want to!

Double-page supporter
As a veteran roguelike player, I'm sure Farlyn would have been fine.

Fed-Kun's army
There's no way Marcille or Toshiro would let Falin venture back alone, and Chilchuck was paid in advance. These are just sad ghost delusions and not reality.

To those saying "Marcille and Toshiro wouldn't let Falin go alone!", You are missing the fact that no one in the party noticed that Falin went back in the dungeon alone. She's too meek to object and insist They go back, so She waited until They were gone to go back on Her own.

So Falin would most likely die at some point, and even if the corpse retrievers or other parties found her and resurrected her, she would not head back and instead keep going after Laios until she dies in some deep place where her corpse won't be found.
It would probably take a while for the party to realize that She's missing and went back in the dungeon alone (If They even realize that she did something so reckless and suicidal, and instead just think she went somewhere else).
Not to mention that They also wouldn't have any clue where to look for her anyway.

I really hope this just Laios being a doomer, because this is really tragic otherwise.

Last edited:

Hem

Double-page supporter
To those saying "Marcille and Toshiro wouldn't let Falin go alone!", You are missing the fact that no one in the party noticed that Falin went back in the dungeon alone. She's too meek to object and insist They go back, so She waited until They were gone to go back on Her own.

So Falin would most likely die at some point, and even if the corpse retrievers or other parties found her and resurrected her, she would not head back and instead keep going after Laios until she dies in some deep place where her corpse won't be found.
It would probably take a while for the party to realize that She's missing and went back in the dungeon alone (If They even realize that she did something so reckless and suicidal, and instead just think she went somewhere else).
Not to mention that They also wouldn't have any clue where to look for her anyway.

I really hope this just Laios being a doomer, because this is really tragic otherwise.
Toshiro would probably give Falin space because of his passive personality, but it's highly unlikely Marcille would leave Falin to her own devices RIGHT after Laios died.
Falin would have to sneak away from Marcille, who until Falin managed to sneak away, would be trying cheer her up, comfort her, and make sure that Falin wouldn't do the obvious,very stupid, and probably fairly common in the DM universe:
"I need to go rescue my loved one/comrad/bestbuddy/etc that died in the dungeon!" - Survivor's Guilt is a hell of a drug.

Once Falin disappeared Marcilie perhaps would try to enlist others, maybe Toshiro would let Marcille join his group, maybe even Chilchuck would still join up because Laios had paid in advance.
I'm pretty sure Marcille would make at least make a short-lived attempt to find Falin, even if alone.

Even if Marcille was successful, I'm thinking Marcille would be more likely to convince Falin to give up and MOURN Laios.
If Marcille was only able to find Falin's remains it might lead to the Black magic ritual again (For Falin, Not Laios) - assuming Toshiro and his group wouldn't stop her.

I guess there is the very vague shot of it becoming a bad end with Marcille and Falin eventually becoming Dungeon Masters in order to "equalize the lifespan of everyone" for Marcille and "Revive my Brother" for Falin with Kabru and the Canaries being their direct obstacles (although the Orcs or Thistle would probably be their end, even if they somehow delved quick enough to avoid the Canaries closing the dungeon and forcing them to leave).
High chance Toshiro or his group would turn on them at some point too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sem
As a veteran roguelike player, I'm sure Farlyn would have been fine.
She would be fine but she can't use ancient magic aka dark arts and there wouldn't have been enough of Laios left for a regular revive. Laios at best would have been brought back as a bunch of bones in a burlap sack.

Users who are viewing this thread