Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 9 Ch. 60 - Winged Lion

I dont know, the kingdom the lion showed us was to good to be true. We have to remeber this manga is not all fluffy faces and happiness dark things happen. I have my reservations towards this winged lion.
On the other hand, we know now what laius is into. So Marcille plus monsters parts, im sure is a combo a lot of us can get behind. Hehehehe.

o8o

So many juicy little details in this chapter but I’m feeling a strong sense of foreshadowing given
the title page is about monsters that capture your heart and the chapter is about The Winged Lion...

Dex-chan lover
What a timely introduction of milt, right after I read all those comments on those Nagatoro chapters.

Double-page supporter
For a sec there I was convinced Laius could like a regular person but no I was reminded his true love is monsters lol
But yea that lion seems cool but also suspicious

@daywithoutgames you have got to be the most annoying poster on this entire website. I don't know why every manga I read your broken english, nonsensical opinion and trash humor is inevitably in the comments section.

The fact that the lion described itself as being power, and that it doesn't really have form nor name, combined with Laius's thought of the mad sorcerer not being mad when he first gained control is giving me serious "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" vibes.

Dex-chan lover
@pandamilk
Didn't expect someone to reference that game and i had just finished a run of the Copied Factory inn FF4 too. Nice!

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!
Man, that cover with Senshi looking at the mirror, seeing himself with his old friends, really sad. Also, it reminds me that Senshi doesn't play the usual dwarf trope of drinking a lot, is it because he doesn't get enough alcohol in the dungeon to care or because of personal dislike?
Anyways, I thought Laius' succubus could've been some hot monster girl to cement his status of a cultured man, but it did fit him to be deceived that way. So he gets succed, meets the Winged Lion, and then goes on a dream projection of his king future, where Farlyn turns back to normal, orcs aren't banished and monsters coexist with people. It does look like the best outcome, but I'm wondering if it's actually going to come true, and if it does, will it have any drawbacks that we aren't currently aware of?

Amazing chapter as always, manga is still an absolute masterpiece. Looking forward for the next one in February!

Dex-chan lover
I hope winged lion is genuinely a good lad, but it wouldn't be surprising if he absolutely isn't. Maybe that power would be too much alone, but like he mentioned, if he distributes it among his friends it could work out?

Dex-chan lover
Damn i wanna know what's gonna happen next. The Lion calling himself POWER is 100% fishy. But it should be noted that the dungeon village believes in this entity to be good for them. We have also seen how terrible the CANARIES are though, so perhaps the Lion is good? Or maybe it's a necessary evil sort of situation and the elves are actually doing right? I gotta know!

Double-page supporter
Wait. This is chapter 60! This manga comes out 10 times a year (2 months with no release per year), so this chapter marks the 6th year anniversary.
Man, can't believe I've followed this manga for 6 years now. Re-reading chapter 1 and I can clearly see the big different in art style.

Group Leader
Ahh, what a great chapter. Super cute cover page... Marcille as Laius' succubus... The attraction not working until the succubus turns into a monster... GIGA QUAD HEAD MARCILLE... Laius blushing like crazy at monster-Marcille... and finally, the Winged Lion being all fresh with Laius hahaha

I think Laius and Marcille make a great couple with their overlapping dungeon/monster interests, their counter-balancing quirks, and him learning magic from her.

Getting some iffy vibes from the winged lion though. If we consider this a DnD/Forgotten Realms type setting, then he could certainly be a minor deity or even just a powerful outsider (good-aligned). But when he described himself as power it struck me that that's probably the same thing the demon said to Faust. Here's hoping otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread