Dungeon Meshi

Fed-Kun's army
If and when this gets the anime green-light, it had better be a good, nay, a great studio that's put in charge. Fingers crossed!

Not saying they're the same people, but who rates this a 1 and then who goes on to rate all those ultra generic fantasy isekai trash series a 10? Those series are no where near the level of Dungeon Meshi, not even close. If they deserve a 10, DM gets a 100 easy.

This one really picks up in the later chapters, even if you don't like the slice of life/comedy start. I recommend the ADHD isekai fans to read at the least until chapter 25 before judging.

Aggregator gang
Hmm premise sounds interesting. Had a friend recommend me this because he knew I liked Toriko before the whole fiasco with it happened. The beginning reminds me of what happened with Toriko and Hitman reborn at their beginnings. The author didn't know what they wanted to write then it eventually evolved into what they are now.

Fed-Kun's army
https://niryu.blogspot.com/?zx=19c4095905079214
Enjoy!
fJjf5d8.png

Dex-chan lover
i guess this is the next evolution of the sister falin , lol , from the page of the mangaka : https://niryu.blogspot.com/

bakemono.jpg

Dex-chan lover
below are the very 1st sketches of delicious in dungeon , from the page of the mangaka : https://niryu.blogspot.com/ .

farlyn was using a mace , and senshi looked funny .

pa.gif

dun.gif

wana.gif

im not good with japanese languae , but i guess the lines in the 4-koma page are :

they killed a rat monster and a treasure chest appeared from its corpse .

- laios : open it , chic chac .
- chic chac : ok , ... , mm ? why do you cowards stay so far away from the chest ? you are afraid of explosive bomb in the chest ? and you dont care about my life ? i will open it near you so we will die together .
- stay away . stay away .

i do really like this manga but it has a really major problem for people to get in it
since most of the chapters are filler like conan it get a little boring since the plot in those chapters is not moving and the focus in cooking
but it get better later on as the focus in cooking is dropping by each chapter and every 10 chapters the plot is moving (faster the conan)
and while the cooking chapter have no major plot but they are interesting as a way to show character development
it's not pure edgy but it has some dark theme like the fate of laius sister and why the the dungeon was build and how chalk is really a
horrible father despite looking like a child

Tips for anyone who want to read this manga:

1. Read this when you're slightly hungry or really hungry
2. Do not expect the first arc to be action fantasy flicks. Just get real comfy and think of it as a slice of life adventure monster cuisine
3. Do read all the details (about food, or the monsters, or tiny comments from chilchack or marcille. Shits hilarious and informative)
4. Enjoy the characters. Even the random new or old characters that didn't even properly introduced are interesting and unique in some way. This is one of the manga that the characters are lovable as fuck you want to know about them and their past more and more

Don't go reading this because there's a dark twist in the middle that your friend told you about. That shit is a bonus imo for this already wholesome manga about eating monster in dungeon. Tho the main focus is not going to be monster food anymore (and getting more serious with the dungeon mystery plot), the food scene are a sweet and comfy moment for the characters to take a break from all the fights, drama and confusion. The art getting better in times and the humor is comedy gold.

You're in for a treat. Enjoy

@daywithoutgames

Below are the insight of the images you posted:
1) this looks like the draft for all the characters (Asebi was always planned on joining, but came later) and their "class."
Laios: Warrior -> Lord
Asebi: Warrior -> Ninja
Marcille: Magician -> Bishop
Chilchuk: Bandit/Thief
Falin: Priest
Senshi: Warrior -> Samurai (I take it Senshi's "samurai" was not the visual kind of samurai, but the RPG classification... but even that sounds like a stretch because Samurai are usually "lower defense, higher damage". Senshi is more like a tank + melee ranger.)

2) Likely either a general "what would they be like in one space" or a possible cover image.

3)short comic:
------------------
*Rat spawns chest*
"Oh, it's a chest."
------------------
Laios: "We leave the trap check to you."
Chilchuk: "Okay."
*Chilchuk goes to check chest*
------------------
*As he is about to check, Chilchuk notices something*
Chilchuk: "Huh?"
------------------
*Noticing that everyone has backed off to the other side of the room, Chilchuk feels... isolated/deceived*
Chilchuk: "Why are you guys distancing yourselves away from me?"
*Chilchuk drags the chest towards other party members*
Party: "Wha-, Stop it!" "Don't come close to us."

%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2582%25AF%25E3%2583%25AA%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2582%25B7%25E3%2583%25A7%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2583%2588%2B2019-08-26%2B14.27.45.jpg

This came from the author's blog too. I would like to typeset this, but don't have the skills or time. But I can translate this through-and-through if someone wants to, just dm me.

The main gist of it is that "race" is being discussed, primarily how things are categorized in the world of Dungeon Meshi. Here are the main points being said:
-In the East, dwarfs and gnomes are uncommon, so Easterners typically think they are the smaller race in comparison to the Ogres.
-Also, the East categorizes humans as "humans" and anything else as non-human. However, this is different in the land where the story is set, as will be noted below.
-In what I will call "the West," "Humans" are not just limited to human beings, but includes Elves, Dwarves, and all the human-like races. What are distinctly not human among the fantasy races are Kobolds and Orcs. This distinction is made based on bone structure.
-Because elves, dwarves and halflings all have about the same number of bones in their bodies as humans, along with a very similar skeletal structure, they are all classified as "human." However, Kobolds and Orcs distinctly have non-human features that causes them to have a different bone count: the snout and tail for the kobolds, and the feet for the Orcs.
-How about the Ogre (Oni)? Kabru states that they would be "humans" as the horns on their head may be "extra" but are nothing more than deformities/extensions of the skull.

Dex-chan lover
in the new cover of volume 8 , kabbage dude 's weapon of choice is an ice-pick ? this gives me terrible flashbacks of the 1992 film Basic Instinct , lol . so kabbage dude is a back-stabber .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_pick .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Instinct .

" In San Francisco, homicide detective Nick Curran investigates the murder of retired rock star Johnny Boz, who has been brutally stabbed to death with an ice pick during $ex with a mysterious ... "

Users who are viewing this thread