Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria - Vol. 13 Ch. 51 - Telskyura

Fed-Kun's army
Curious on what is the plan the Ishtar familia has to deal with the aftermath of the fight if they were able to vanquish the Freya familia. Even if they have the support of some other familias, just Loki and Ganesha with a few others would counter that, so they must have support from Evilus too, or Rakia ...

Dex-chan lover
Does this world have no laws about mass murder and serial killing?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme The older ones are probably very aware that their strength comes from Kalis blessing ... which would probably disappear if she dies/disappears.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear That doesn't matter at all. It would still be the ultimate and very unique victory, a feat to be mentioned in the legends. If you have killed a god, no other opponent after that would be worth mentioning anyway. Except maybe another god, but how likely would that be? Besides, I'm sure another familia would gladly take in someone who rid the world off a crazy bastard like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
It would just be treachery. Not exactly glorious.

And if they don't have some kind of loyalty hard baked into their blessing that keeps them from even trying, then it wouldn't be much of a fight. Gods are no stronger than normal humans.

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum What treachery? Have a look at that lunatic familia/country. When their training is finished, they think of nothing but fighting all day long. They are supposed to fight even their friends to the death. Under such circumstances it doesn't sound like treachery to look for better opponents, such as the very god sitting at the top of it all. If the god is not any stronger, it's the god's own problem. Surely someone supposedly overseeing a cult of warriors isn't meant to be a weakling. If she is, all the more reason to dispose of her.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
They kill each other because that's the rules of their familia. I'd be surprised if there isn't something in there forbidding killing its god.

Also, dispose of her and then what? Everyone broken back down to merely human levels?

Not to mention, the reasons gods are on those levels is that they decided to be. If they used their divinity, they obviously wouldn't be constrained by human limits - but they'd be expelled from the mortal world for cheating.

So, yeah. I can conceive of doing it because you have a grudge against her. But there's no glory in it.

@Kaarme in the Light Novel it's a rule of the world that children can't hurt gods. If gods get injured their divinity or what not kicks in and they are fully healed. But for whatever reason it's possible for gods to kill gods.

Dex-chan lover
What a good parent kali is. She checks up on the children who flew from their nest, and isn't bogged down in tradition and intends to verify which form of parenting is best: handholding the kids to kill eachother in an arena, or let them be independent in a labyrinth?

@Amarillo
There is never a rule like that. The Mortals can kill gods just like anything else in the world. Its just that most are unable to bring themselves to do so because they are gods.

Also for people bitching about the rituals/rites/gladiator matches. Kali didn’t bring them to Telskyura.

They existed long before she came down to the mortal world. Kali allowed them to continue because they are part of the Amazon culture

Dex-chan lover
*first 8 page*

aww that cute :D

*page 9*

aww shit! that's dark D:

come to think about what will happen if our bunny boy ball enters the room in with all crazy woman on page 26?

@AlmondMagnum Wait, I thought that the gods blessing didn't directly affect ones individual strength? I've never read the novels but thats just what I gathered from the Manga. My general understanding was that the gods blessing allowed adventurers to become stronger at a faster pace, and many other guild related benefits, but it didn't actually mess with their overall power. So for example Mikoto, Lili and Welf when they were released from their gods blessings to become members of the Hestia Familia... do they have to start all over at level one? Or does the power they have already attributed carry over to the Hestia familia? How does that even work, were they like super weak until Hestia put her blessing on then boom all their power comes back?

I'm genuinely wondering how that all works now that I think about it, they never really made it very clear.

First i want to say that my english is not that great, you been warned. The Novel explain everything with much detail, so i recomend reading it.

The Falna actually affects the overoverall power.
The Falna is a blessing tha increased the power of mortals, it their god dies the falna is then sealed, they don't lose their levels, skills and others, but they become unable to use them. Killing their god will make them weaker than a level 1. They have to convert to other god to access their Falna again. But in this case is more probable that they will be we wipe out be Ares family, before they obtain another God.

The case with Welf and Mikoto was that their gods simple open their Falna, thus making Hestia able to overwrite their old falna with a a new one.
In a open state the mortal Falna is independent of their gods, like in Ryuu case, they can keep their power, but they can't increased it without a god help. They need a god to become stronger.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Thanks for the explanation @Imperiex, that definitely clears up some questions I had.

One question though, if one of Kalis higher level children decided to kill her, why would they be killed by the Ares family before they obtain another god? Wouldn’t they essentially be able to run to Orario and immediately receive the blessing of another god, thus returning them to their former strength?

Ares family are warmongers, they are the largest family in the world. Ares control a entery city, all with his blessing.
it they know about the lost of Kali they will quickly try to conquer them. They are the reason the elfs become xenophobic, because they nearly exterminated the reace with the help of the Crozzo magic swords. And the Amazones of Telskyura are natural born killers, that precede the age of gods, Kali did not made them that way. Only gods with a mentality similar to them would give them their blessing. And convert all of them will take a lot of time.
The Ares family is so war oriented that they still try to conquer oratio, knowing that they are a lot weaker, and invading is Useless.

And in Vol. 12 of the Oratoria Novel, is confirmed that a mortal can not kill a god, unless indirectly like falling from a high place, because a god simple will use his divinity to overwhelm a mortal.

Dex-chan lover
@Imperiex that''s good to know, very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I wonder if the banished Apollo might go and offer information to Ares in order to get revenge on Hestia....

Users who are viewing this thread