Dungeon no Osananajimi - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - My Childhood Friend's Happiness Is Our Happiness

Dex-chan lover
I wan to make an oshi no ko reference, but the anime is still new(Though the manga isn't).

Would it be too soon to say that 'no crazy fan is gonna murder this idol!" ???

Whoops, my bad, still not used to the commenting back on.
Will remember possible spoilers in the future.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Before anyone says "lol JP idol culture is bad" I'll just say that this kind of unicorn thinking isn't just a JP phenomenon, it's a world wide phenomenon. There are lots of people no matter the country that get angry when their "idol (or streamer, celebrity, etc)" gets a boyfriend/girlfriend or married.

People who do that don't see their "idol" as a human anymore, but literally an object. So don't be like that. Treat them as a human being, and be happy if they find their own happiness.

Dex-chan lover
Is it finally over? I haven't actually been reading the pages for the last 5 chapters at least. This gag has been beat to death.

Dex-chan lover
Before anyone says "lol JP idol culture is bad" I'll just say that this kind of unicorn thinking isn't just a JP phenomenon, it's a world wide phenomenon. There are lots of people no matter the country that get angry when their "idol (or streamer, celebrity, etc)" gets a boyfriend/girlfriend or married.

People who do that don't see their "idol" as a human anymore, but literally an object. So don't be like that. Treat them as a human being, and be happy if they find their own happiness.

That's true, but it also feels like Japan tolerates or even encourages that behavior more than most other places. A teen pop star in the west ends up in a relationship and people are often intrigued while the "omg how could they?!?" section of the fandom is scorned and derided. But idols in Japan are often specifically discouraged or prohibited from getting into relationship because the idol industry fosters and monetizes the behavior of those obsessive fans who believe that an idol having a relationship is a betrayal or violates their "purity" or whatever.

It may be getting better, I don't know I choose not to follow idol culture all that closely because the above sort of stuff really puts me off of it, but it obviously exists enough for this chapter to make the joke it did. Because Mino beating the other guy up if this were a western comic wouldn't be silly, it would be sensible.

Dex-chan lover
Bro AOT reference kekekek
So deliberate too lol
What reference?

You’d think making fun of the ending of a manga written by one of the most respected people in your industry would be a no-no but they went there. Peak fiction, I love this manga.
Which manga??
Well, whatever. I thought the arc was funny. I like the mooks.

Group Leader
24d0cd5e49.png

this is every chapter lol

Dex-chan lover
But idols in Japan are often specifically discouraged or prohibited from getting into relationship because the idol industry fosters and monetizes the behavior of those obsessive fans who believe that an idol having a relationship is a betrayal or violates their "purity" or whatever.
Ah yes... And western boy/girlbands, and ummm.. Disney/Nickelodeon teen series don't have those stipulations at all...
With "fans" that are just as insane, even though some of the artists "involved" are hitting their 30's by now...
"Adult" "Fans" that aren't so fanatic as to disrupt concerts or appearances, or issue death threats, or flood social media with their pet peeves.

No sirree, not at all.... /rolleyes.

Users who are viewing this thread