Dungeon no Osananajimi - Vol. 4 Ch. 29.2 - I Feel Bad for My Childhood Friend, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
I really wasn't expecting that twist, I really thought he was fighting them in order to make sure they were both powerful enough to protect each other. But it seems he is doing it more out of an obligation to humanity in a way or at least his brain has been warped and twisted by endless stress and the pressure society is putting on him.

Thanks everyone at Reptile Scans for the translations

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think Prominence is anywhere near the same strength as Van. Check Page 5, Van parried the “sacred sword”, the source of Prominence’s current strength, with his bare fist….
Yep. No one is on par with Van, kinda the running gag of the manga. Prominence mentioned that he was surprised dragon hide could withstand the heat of the blade but Van can do so with just his fists too lol

I thought Golde was was on par with Van as well.
Nah. Golde is on par with Mino, who is the strongest of the four. Van clears them both pretty easily.

Double-page supporter
Second time Van has fought someone as strong as him. First time was Ryuka's mom.
That's not the case at all from what I remember. He held back, at least at first, against both for the same reason in both cases. He didn't want to hurt either of them, just defeat them. Once he got more serious about her mom, she was almost instantly overwhelmed.

Dex-chan lover
....wait, his real name is Prominence? And his nick name is literally only taken from its first syllable??
Yes.
Names are kind of weird in this manga. I mean, they are friends with a harpy whose name is just Harpy. And the hero's sword is named "Calendula" (which is a kind of flower that has some medical uses).

Users who are viewing this thread