Dungeon Nursery

Group Leader
best ending -
especially when he becomes a real demon, just look at dem ears.

Contributor
ONLY rushed ending from a canned series ive been satisfied with. good work ouma

Shame the little birdy never actually got a level up but that was a really sweet ending from a guy like that. Also that last oh to ascend abandon your family seemed like it would have been a test but nah I guess the people in heaven just suck.

I'm gonna miss this series. It was a lot of fun to do ; v ;

I hope yall were happy with the scripting. I know it wasn't the... most accurate thing ever.

Dex-chan lover
I hope somebody can do their own versions of this series and put it up here, because it's too good to be lost due to petty scanlator drama. Fuck you if you try to make money on this stuff, we all know this is below-the-table, and should only be done out of love for the series and the medium.

Fed-Kun's army
@pdonk It's not even a big deal that they want to make money through donations or patreon or whatever, people work hard on scanlation and them wanting to be paid for their time isn't any less scummy than us reading manga for free. What's real fucked up is how they tried to discredit the site on the way out.
It's also kinda dumb how they think pulling out of MD will somehow get them more money despite having less visibility (like kissmanga readers will go out of their way to go to your site and pay you lmao), but that's besides the point, it's downright rude to paint MD as the villain even as they're respecting your decision to pull chapters and telling people insulting them in the forums to keep it civil.

@freestyle The whole issue with this particular bout of drama is that none of the groups that are pulling chapters are doing it for free. They all run patreons or take donations in some form. That in and of itself isn't bad, but they threw a tantrum while doing it and tactically timed it specifically before the merch store launch specifically to make MD look as bad as possible.

Also, the "well if you have a problem with it do it yourself" argument has never saved anybody from criticism, and it shouldn't. Don't lean on that like it means poor quality or scummy conduct is somehow immune from criticism just because the alternative is nothing.

@Anonyan Yeah I agree not too sure what's happening just guessing from some recent comments but most people will just go to kissmanga or some other similar site and just read it there and trying to discredit one of the only manga sites that actually give credit and such is just a shitty thing to do

What a coincidence that the groups that left in a huff are the ones that shill their patreon everywhere. None of them even gave a specific reason they left. Really makes you think.

We all want $$, if we got paid per released we'd have more than 1 chapter out a week, but that's not what this "industry" is or will ever be at this rate.

Fed-Kun's army
@bigcunt
You can get the full story (at least, what the groups selectively tell us and how the staff responded) here: https://mangadex.org/thread/92399
Probably best not to go any more in depth here so people can get back to talking about Dungeon Nursery.

All zero chapters of it. So someone uploaded a single chapter then pulled it down a few minutes later, what's up with that? Did they reupload one of the pulled chapters?

@anonyan "Did they reupload one of the pulled chapters?",

That's what I'm guessing. How much has to be changed or original to be uploaded. Take the same xlation, typeset it better, and bam. Good to go?

Power Uploader
@AidanGillen
How much has to be changed or original to be uploaded. Take the same xlation, typeset it better, and bam. Good to go?
Yes per rule 2.3.2
Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws.

Dex-chan lover
@anonyan thing is mate, thats Pateron, that is completely optional. Its not like they lock their chapters behind it do they? And afaik most of them dont even do the early access thing for Patreon

MangaDex also takes donations yes? Thats literally the same thing.

They are technically doing it for free, there's no bloody way anyone can live off this so people should keep that in mind

Supporter
Wait, what do you mean cancelled? This? Cancelled? The hell is wrong with Japan and their taste?

Fed-Kun's army
@freestyle
"They're doing it for free"
"Actually, the groups in question are motivated by money, and people aren't even mad at them just for being motivated by money, they're mad at them for intentionally starting drama to paint MD staff as the bad guys. Also doing anything for free doesn't make people immune to criticism."
"Yeah but even if they have patreons they're actually doing it for free"
Are you serious?

Spoilered for length
Thing is, "mate," that you ignored the entire rest of my post and focused in on the one thing that I myself also said is no big deal. They can have patreons, they can (and often do despite what you seem to think) try to make a living off of it, and it's fine if they want to have patreons or take donations. But running a patreon or taking donations to fund your scans is the absolute opposite of "technically doing it for free" no matter how you slice it, especially for some of the bigger groups that actually pay their translators consistently.

And none of that matters.

Again, in bold this time so you don't completely gloss over the point; the issue is not that they wanted to make money off of scanlations, the issue isn't even that they pulled their chapters in some misled effort to get more visibility on their own sites, the issue is that they intentionally started drama and tried to create their own out-of-context narrative that made MD staff out to be the bad guys.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, it’s gone. Time to read this shit on mangafox or something.

Users who are viewing this thread