Dungeon Reset - Ch. 63

Does he really need to make more golems like ice golem?...it seems that mud golems are a okay

Will he make ice cream and yogurt using the snow and cold? Can't wait to see what kind of food he makes next... o3o

Getting a random cold res buff and immediately needing to use it in the next dungeon seems a bit convenient

@Graviity

Sorry for such a late reply,
To be clear, I had opened chapter 63 around the time of its initial upload and didn't read it for the entire day until around the time I sent that comment. In response to your comment and the one left by @Jonathan1132, I feel it's probably best I elaborate. My assumptions mainly stem down to two things. To my knowledge, there was no announcement about the chapter being broken in the DevMax Discord, which gave the illusion of a rushed job with no reader transparency and the tagline that you suddenly started including. The inclusion of the tags only started after Chapter 57, which was when DevMax and that other duo group split off, so it's perfectly natural to assume you've had a falling out. The combination of these two heavily contributed to my assumption that DevMax is rushing their work to win some petty fight with another scan team, and thus has a hate boner for them.

Power Uploader
@lootcrate

Can you elaborate on tag line? Not sure what that’s referring to.

Overall the chapters were previously done over a week when we had nobody to compete with. However, now that our group is actually completing the sfx and other typesetting aspects, the quality is way higher. While we are rushing to finish to make sure our work gets to the 3rd party websites instead of the snipers, it has consistently been better work at every stage. So hate has nothing to do with it. Maintaining brand name and out reach to other website drives the need for speed. We can’t recruit more staff if the only people viewing it are on mangadex.

You were correct though, there was no announcement since as soon as we were notified we fixed immediately.

@Graviity

Thank you for such hasty responses,
The taglines I was referring to are on the first page of all your recent work. I noticed it happened a week after you guys went solo. "another high quality release"
As far as the rest goes, I appreciate your responses and I now realise why you want to upload asap in order to reach the 3rd party aggregators. With that being said, as much as I like your chapters of Dungeon Reset over the others, I don't think it's fair to anyone for you to refer to your work as quality that "is way higher". You should give credit where credit is due to all sides, and respect that font choices and size doesn't have an objectively correct "right". Subjectivity is important.

Power Uploader
@lootcrate

“The way higher” was in contrast to our own releases, like comparing chapter 1 and 64 completed by our own group. We don’t compare fonts to reach the conclusion of having better quality. Though overall the snipers quality has started to increase to our level.

@Graviity

As much as I can agree with you, both Vale and Flame seem to have a good deal of experience. I feel like your comment comes off as quite narcissistic that you'd refer to theses groups as "snipers" who are trying to reach "to our level" and not groups who actively post to the MD community.

Power Uploader
@lootcrate

That's okay. I am proud of our work. I have viewed their work, overall their work in the past has been very poor. I can give dozens of screenshots showing such. I had to QC for Barak's typesetting during the temporary collab, it was sloppy and lazy work that always ended up making me do extra work (just send me a DM on Discord and I'll get those for you quick since theyre easy to find). Nevertheless, their work is improving lately.

Also, they have earned the title of "sniper" when they decide to work on a series that another group has been working on since the 1st chapter. They're also sniping Solo Leveling from Wicked Dragons, since Flame dropped and then picked up again when Wicked never dropped.

@Graviity

At the end of the day, both chapters have hours and hours of work put into them by both sides and both sides deserve respect for that.

From my point of view, I don't think you know anything about vale of flame at all. just the fact that you're willing to defend people who release early on patreon over just uploading to mangadex is bad enough already. Really nice of you to just change the conversation from "Gravity, you're acting kinda narcissistic" to "They're all just snipers". That's some great criticism dodging.

you should probably quit claiming stuff that are blatantly false and stop acting like you know everything about all the teams involved to impress others.

The fact that you have dozens of screenshots ready to go is indicative of how much you care about petty scanlator drama, its just a manhwa.

Power Uploader
@somethingev

Giving respect when it is due, sure. that's why i can say they have made improvements. i am also fully capable of giving criticism.

I don't need to "know anything" about those groups more than i do.

i only upload to mangadex, so not sure where that comes from. but if it's in reference to Wicked, good on Wicked for having a way to make slight income. It's the same kind of income any group makes over ad traffic to their website, like Flame.

as far as narcissistic, i did repy to that. I said "i am proud of our work." Anyone can do whatever name calling they feel like. Narcissism=pride, sure, why not. doens't change that flame/vale are snipers now.

but seriously, what have i claimed that i know that is false? give me specifics, or you can DM me on discord and show me some proof.

I don't super care about the drama side (though i'll happily respond to anybody that pings me and answer my side of the truth every time), but I do want to make sure my group's superior work gets to the 3rd party sites over the lesser quality rushed work. like chapter 64, omg it's like Flame/Vale didn't even try and just wanted to rush it out the door to beat us based on their redrawing.

now seriously, overall, if any group takes less than 24 hours to publish their work, it's rushed work. both sides are constantly producing rushed work for this war. thankfully it has allowed my group to grow in their skill sets, as well me personally. Reset Scans are making leaps and bounds better chapters than when we were MangaDoDs on chapter 1. This, I can thank Flame/Vale for.

@Graviity

Lets start with your weakest point. The difference between ad revenue and patreon is that one is free and one isn't. Id prefer visiting a website over donating to a patreon just to look at a chapter a few hours before official release. Some people can't afford monthly patreon donations just for a early releases from a group that doesn't even support the official release. This is why I prefer flame. Saying that its the same is clearly shortsighted and ignoring the fact that flame uploads to mangadex(which they get no money from) around the same time they upload to their website. Not to mention the fact that you are very obvious bias toward wicked because of your affiliation.

As for your narcissism, let me give you a quote: "Feelings of authentic pride are related to having high self-esteem, while hubristic pride is related to narcissistic traits like entitlement, arrogance and egotism,". You aren't entitled to this manhwa any more than flame or vale are, you're using your opinion as if its an objective fact. You openly say "my group's superior work", that's some high level elitism. You tick all the boxes for being a narcissist.

I'm not denying that you take pride in your work, just that saying pride and narcissism are equal is the same as brushing away the negative connotations that apply. aka, dodging criticism.

The little you know obviously isn't accurate or is out of context. My point is that if you don't know enough about these groups, then don't talk about them. In fact, Wicked might count as a sniper with your logic since Flame was scanlating solo leveling since season 1.

No matter the point of view you look at this in, you're very blatantly trying to steer the conversation toward talking shit about the other groups when the previous reply from @lootcrate was clearly just a remark on your narcissism. You're very obviously trying to dodge criticism, which has nothing to do with your ability to give criticism.

I can't say that saying you're superior or calling them snipers(with a obviously negative connotation) counts as "giving respect when its due".
you can't validate talking shit by trying to "thank" them, your intentions are very obvious.

Power Uploader
@somethingv

Well after this comment I will be discontinuing this conversation on this platform as it’s obviously pointless. At this point you’re only able to point the finger and act as a fanboy. I am obviously not going to have completely positive comments or remarks or feelings about groups that make things more difficult for my group. I appreciated it when they assisted when I asked them for a temporary collab, I obviously don’t appreciate them sniping when the collab is supposed to end.

I’m fine with being a narcissist if that’s what people want to call me. I have fully addressed this comment multiple times, not avoided. I am fully able to address something as well as point other things out in the same train of thought or comment box.

But overall, I am still able to objectively say that my group is able to produce high quality typesetting, sfx, and redrawing, including in comparison to Flame Scans. They can release “higher definition” if they want. I am also clearly able to call one group over another a sniper, as in scanlation terms it refers to those who start a series when another group has not dropped said series. Flame did drop solo leveling, allowing Wicked to step in.

Ad revenue and Patreons are both valid ways of seeking small amounts of recompense via donations or website views. To call either wrong is either presumptuous or ignorant. Neither group owes anything to the author or community, as the majority of all scanlation is illegal.

I have no affiliation with Wicked currently but wouldn’t mind a future collab with them once the owners of solo leveling bring DMCAs or C&Ds on both Wicked and Flame (which will happen for us on Dungeon Reset as well).

As I’ve stated multiple times, I am very willing to reply to others, generally. Any further comments or queries can be directed to my DMs on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread