Dungeon Reset

@Mrain generic? If you are referring to the fact that there are a lot of titles with "Solo" in it...its because it did it first

Dex-chan lover
@That1friend it did it first? M8 manga that doesn't really do anything first
Edgy MC was already done before Solo leveling even exist, Similar Popular concept would be Kira from death note
Power fantasy was already done too before Solo Leveling just search any Isekai ever
Fantasy modern world was also done before Solo Leveling
Game like system in a real world > Search Dice Webtoon

@Mrain first, I was referring to the name because that is what I thought you were talking about

Second, a generic concept doesn't make something generic...its execution does (Mostly speaking media here)

I mean hey, rainbow six seize would be called generic because you can play in a team with similar rules for their Game modes as others

@That1friend
Having cliches and being a bit generic arent a bad thing and you dont always need to subvert expectations. Its all about the ability of the writer to make em work. Black Clover is the best example for it working perfectly. It borrows elements of alot of known Shonen, but it is written extraordinary well and incorporates its own identity with unique spins and a big fleshed out world/cast. Especially the battle choreography is only 2nd to World Trigger in terms of big Shounen. Really sad how badly the animes butchered both in that aspect, but eh cant all be lucky to get ufotable animation sadly.

If the writing is shit it turns into many other shows and you can basically interchange the MC or even cast as they have nothing to them and nothing will change. Like Solo Leveling is obviously generic as hell as it was a known ripoff of the Seoul station's necromancer novel and copied it basically step by step and that one wasnt original either.

Then the Webtoon released and it became popular 100% because of the art. Its story and cast is no doubt terrible, but that doesnt matter if people only read it for art+powerfantasy and the artist really solocarried it no doubt. Thats why people only really recommend it because of the art or talk about the art.

Is more along those lines that the other person meant it i think. Even among the Webtoons its pretty much a copy of "the gamer" just way more power fantasy and obviously better artist.

We agree. By execution I meant how well its written and how well tropes/cliches are incorporated

Id say solo leveling does best when it comes to the area its in. In terms of story I'd give it a 7/10 in terms of characters/character development id give it another 7/10 in terms of art id give it a 10/10 and in terms of getting me hooked id give it another 10/10

Solo leveling was really good "Overall" at least Imo.

The manhwa itself it's pretty good and all, it follows those basic concepts of upgrading and something like adaptable slice of life. I usually like those, but I'd prefer if it had some more action, after all the mc now is kinda op and uses his powers most to make more food.
I'll stop reading, but if you like manhwas like this is a good choice.

I wanna see some HEAT-class beans getting fired at the next major enemy that shows up.

Aggregator gang
Can't tell if the problem stems from the translation, i dont think it does completly, maybe a bit because the dialogues are kind of weak. Anyways, this manga is so bland. It's not bad, it's just uneventful. The main character is boring. The author tried to make him a bit edgy by making him greedy, but it's too blatant to be effective. Otherwise, he is just your regular hero in a fantasy world.
The art is basic. Compared to the top contenders in the genre, it's subpar though.

What truly bothers me the most is that it feels like a template for an Isekai. It lacks substance, or any kind of identity really.
5/10, it's not terrible, but it's not good either.

Users who are viewing this thread