E-Rank Healer - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Double-page supporter
Everything that happened in this chapter was pretty much everyone actually wanted to happen. Made it kinda cliche.

Dex-chan lover
Justice, justice shall you pursue.

But a boot to the head from her would have been nice.

Of course there's always got to be another woman. Hang on, maybe fascination magic is a real problem and this new villain is also a user?

Got rid of the trash. Now there's another one?

Ay least now we got confessions yay

Thank you for the update 💕

Thanks for the chapter!
Seems like Gran's party was mostly bark with little bite. Especially since they ignored her warnings about the negative effects of abusing and overusing the medicine. Wonder if they did any real requests for rank instead of having Gran use fascination magic? In the end, Gran was just a two bit bully who refuses to admit he's weak and wrong, won't take responsibility for own failings, and blames the person who was right for his mistakes. Hope he gets sent to the mines for a long time after his tongue is removed without anesthetic so can't use fascination magic again. Although considering he's a one trick pony who didn't do anything other than use fascination magic and the party's accomplishments were mostly, if not almost entirely faked, along with the negative effects of overusing recovery potions they might not last long even doing minimal labor. Guess we'll find out at their trial. Glad Carol and Kaido are now a couple, although would love to see her face when he introduces her to his parents. 😄 Wonder what they'll get drawn into after Gran's party's trial? Would be nice if she advanced a rank for all she did with Kaido on their journey such as when they helped that village along with some credit and compensation for all the work Gran's party withheld from her.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure I like how he arrested the Hero party. He showed them the sole proof of evidence, told them of the source of a witness that could testify, and told them what would happen in the following days to come. He is also traveling with them to the trial. They also didn't gag the person with fascination magic.

NB4 the Hero party escapes using fascination magic on the guards and the recording mirror breaks in the struggle.

As an author he is too important an antagonist to be completely removed from the story ( it is more dramatic if he comes back).

New antagonist may stir up trouble and possibly become accomplice. (my guess: powerful jealous/bitter female w/ "if I can't have him then no one can!" mentality)

This chapter was too cliche to really give me any sense of satisfaction. Yes, I'm glad Carol finally got rid of Gran and Kaido and Carol are a couple now, but it didn't feel as good as I expected. I usually quite enjoy isekais and this kind of story about people in rpg-like worlds going around and doing their thing, but this chapter in particular was not as enjoyable as I would have liked.

The final reveal of both their feeling to each other felt rushed. It seemed too easy to break her from Gran's hold through 'I love you'. While we all know they were bound to openly begin their relationship eventually, it would've been nice to see more character development in their journey. Remember Spice & Wolf? That managed to build a relationship gradually over a lengthy journey and its couple is still one of the best couples out there today. Here, Carol and Kaido have been together a few months (iirc, and we've seen next to none of the journey), but it doesn't feel like they've really developed much. They started with showing off Carol's skills, saved a small village from a monster, got teased by Carol's village, and then fought off some apes. 3 out of 4 of those stops were really just showing Carol was better than her E rank suggests. It'd have been nice to see them do things out of love for each other before coming to their conclusion organically.

Kaido's S rank reveal, while totally expected, came pretty suddenly, and I kinda hoped Carol and others would tease Kaido more about his strength before it was ultimately revealed. The fight with Gran's party was just incredibly underwhelming; I get that the 'hero's party' was supposed to be cheating to get by and thus never really honed their skill in combat, but they were really pathetic in that fight. Each went down with a single hit? Gran, the guy who probably deserved it the most, didn't even really get hit! The guy went down with a shove! I was really hoping Carol would boot him in the jaw, but she's too nice to do that. Hell, with him intact, what's stopping him from using his 'breath' on everyone around him? Are they going to seal his mouth shut for the rest of his life? (Unless he escapes and then causes more trouble, likely with the help of some bigger villain, which is my prediction) The entire party should've just been killed in some way or another.

The 'hero's party', while they did get recorded by Kaido for their misdeeds, didn't really get shamed enough. They were all in an empty building with no one, not even a single person outside the door or something, to witness the event. Where are they and why was that building empty? It seemed to me they were still in the city, and you would expect 'heroes' to be followed closely by random people. It just seemed too convenient. What has happened in the city, or indeed the country, now that the 'heroes' have been proven to be villains? Are there no further investigations into adventurer parties across the country to ensure this does not happen again? Are there not riots, or other forms of civil disobedience happening? The 'heroes' and their disgusting actions were swiftly and quietly swept aside and that does not seem right. Their punishment overall seemed far too rushed.

The new villain, presumably a woman, was pretty out of the blue. It was just 'here's the next villain!'. Of course, this is all assuming they are indeed the villain and not some whacko thinking 'E rank... I don't like that... I'll have to help them climb the ranks, and we'll build a wonderful friendship along the way!' (which, in my humble opinion, is very unlikely).

...I'm still gonna read this 🙃

Fed-Kun's army
Awww, I wish they dragged it out a little bit though. A little bit more drama and struggling would have been nice ( ˘꒳​˘ )

Double-page supporter
I'm glad it didn't last long, but the way they settled it felt weird.

@feha
The part were likely self proclaimed heroes. Also if you look at chapter 1 they were originally D rank adventurers and are currently A and B rank.

Dex-chan lover
@heroeric Feels a bit stupid that ppl can run around self-proclaiming themselves as heroes without any consequences if they aren't also actually heroes. Though I don't remember if it was said that they werent.

Either way, even if it was just b rank, it should be enough of an achievement of hers. Which should be why that super duper nice guy (tm) in the last panel exclaimed it was silly to call her e-rank when she is clearly vastly superior to that even for any rando taking merely a cursory glance at a news-site's clickbaity title for an article regarding her. Not to mention someone who actually seems to be receiving reports and wears hoods of mystic intelligence +4.

@feha It doesn't seem that Hero is an actual title. And I think it is unlikely that they were actually given the position of hero considering that they've been claiming that they were heroes when they were only D rank.
Also it doesn't seem that they were famous since neither Kaido or the B- rank spirit user seem to have heard of them previously. The spirit user also thought that they would be reliable because of their high rank and not because they were heroes

Double-page supporter
Wow, that was a relatively quick resolution for a Shoujo series. Kind of glad the author didn't drag it out since the "villain" in this case wasn't interesting at all. Also if he can use charm magic on an entire town, why the hell wouldn't he charm Kaido first. If your power is that strong, charm the strongest person first then charm the healer second. He got his order backwards which is why he failed. Then again he was generic villain #1. If he actually had any intelligence he wouldn't have been in a situation where he needed to run away from Apes in the first place.

@LysandersTreason idk how to explain to you that no form of media exists in a vacuum when you think my words are caused by a desire for “‘social justice’ and wokeness” 😔

@subliminal 😂😂😂😂

edit: to delete some emojis, i got a little too obnoxious my bad 😂

Dex-chan lover
Hm... They’re a cute couple, but I wish the age gap was smaller. A 26yo and an 18yo is kinda squick.

Users who are viewing this thread