E-Rank Healer - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
@ohkimch

I appreciate your desire for 'social justice' and wokeness but instilling affirming life lessons for young women is not the purpose of fiction writing. The primary purpose is to entertain. And as such, the writer gets to write what they want and we get to choose if we read it or not.

Contributor
@ohkimch
At this point, it really only serves as an unnecessary ego boost for men & to reaffirm classic negative biases about female autonomy & independence.
Dear god you're thick/delusional/brainwashed, women and men are not equal to tell them that they are would be akin to telling a short fat guy that they'll be as great a basketballer as Michael Jordan.
Women actively seek strong men (not necessarily physically strong) it's part of their evolved behavioural pattern it's literally coded in their dna, so the fantasy of them displaying traditional female characteristics of caring or modestness and being rescued by a hero is probably speaking to the heart of their psychology, and if we look at real life men are generally attracted to these classical motherly traits, they have evolved to be more attracted to potentially good mothers for their children because the ones who weren't predisposed to find good mothers to care for their genes simply died out.
Cliches become cliche for a reason, if a certain story type is popular with a certain group it generally has some truth behind it.
>hetromance
oh dear, I should have recognised your mental illness sooner

Did not expected to end that quickly lol
Having anxiety that this problem will go on for another chapter but okay.

Dex-chan lover
@givemersspls and @ohkimch

Did you notice all the confusion in her head? She knew on some level this was wrong. She comprehended it, but her will was being taken away by Gran constantly casting the spell on her. He had to keep up the pressure now to keep her in his grasp. All Kaido did was offer her a hand, helped her break through the final parts by letting her mind and will objectively win over the manipulation she had been through.

And it is only fair. She saved him when they met. Now he is repaying the favor by saving her in her darkest moment. They are equals in the eyes of each other.

Dex-chan lover
Good, he doesn't like it. That means he will tell the guild to raise her rank, citing the fact she singlehandedly raised the rank of a party of useless I-rank ppl to SS rank (he was called a hero, I assume that has to be above s-rank normies) as enough proof of her capabilities as a healer.

Dex-chan lover
i hope we will see some trials for that party going, maybe getting them executed? though it was obvious to most (i'd say) readers of how she was charmed, the resolution was just too quick. not satisfying enough for me at least. at least throw that Hero in a pit with some immune slimes or something, might be fun to see him struggle against them. lol

not sure if that new character at the end is a new antagonist. i feel it could be more of a political issue next with an S Rank being together with an E Rank. at least they somewhat hinted at a new arc.

The whole time it was his breath? I kept screaming poke out his eyeballs in my head.

Dex-chan lover
so what's to stop evil hero from brainwashing his guards and escaping? imprisonment seems way to soft of a punishment for such trash, only death is will make them pay for your crimes.

Fed-Kun's army
@HyperKillSpree think of it from an outside perspective, an e rank hanging around high rank people. to people who need the high rank to get things done, they are a burden holding them back, and people who aren't in the know, it seems like they are along for an easy ride.

Dex-chan lover
@HyperKillSpree
Also her rank has been kept low artificially by the hero stealing all her achievements and the charm effect made her accept it as natural and right.
Going by her abilities and competence, her rank should be quite higher than E-rank if she had been allowed to progress naturally in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread