E, Shanai System Subete Wan'ope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
The part where shes the only who did the job but is better than 4 people is abit idealistic but the reality where the higher up doesnt give a shit how difficult coding really is is just a slap to the face man.
Eh? I've experienced this many times. Technically it's possible in every discipline, but in Software it's more prevalent where one engineer's output eclipses others'.

Group Leader
They don't need to bring her back, what they need is a different system

If she were to die tomorrow due to a random accident, they would be facing the exact same problem, without the convenient solution of just bringing back the one woman team that was able to keep up with a system that only she knew how to handle

Their mistake was that from the beginning they were too reliant on her, and they still are, so they have to change the system itself, to stop being reliant on her
Nah, this is life, not a video game. It's not a system failure. It's just bad management.

I have a friend who is also a one-man-army, taking up the job of 4 people. But unlike most company, the one they worked at knew their value, and paid accordingly to keep them. They also had handover documents prepared in advance in case of emergency. When my friend finally prepared to leave, they took 1 year to find 4 replacements to handover.

CEOs, managers, and all their types, have only 1 job. To manage. And if they cannot determine the worth of an employee outside of salaries and profits, that's their problem. Putting the right person in the right job is not about reliance. Failure to plan ahead, that's reliance.

Double-page supporter
Oh man... This hits too close to home. I would love to say cartoonishly evil bosses like that aren't real but... I mean. They're common, unfortunately.

sometime i wonder how moron like this have this high position?
Simple. "Networking". Aka nepotism and cronyism, but with a honey coating to make it sound nicer. There's a lot of corrupted things in this world tied in a pretty red bow that we all just accept as normal.

Dex-chan lover
The part where shes the only who did the job but is better than 4 people is abit idealistic but the reality where the higher up doesnt give a shit how difficult coding really is is just a slap to the face man.
Not really. She's literally the person who put the system together, so she knows the ins and outs of it like the back of her hand. Doesn't matter if you're an excellent engineer, if you're using someone else's complex system, you are never going to be as good with it as they were- or at least not until you have years of practice with it to build up the knowledge base you need.

sometime i wonder how moron like this have this high position?
Finance and business management skills (very important for a president or CEO) are completely different from people management skills, primarily. I've personally always been of the opinion that someone who has never done that kind of work should never be in charge of a department like that, but alas, it's depressingly common today.

Dex-chan lover
"If she could do it, anyone else could", honestly, the boss is not that far off about that, but you can't just ask anyone to manage a system that basically no one else has experience with. To master it to the same point that the fmc they would need years of experience and dedication toward it. Programmers don't have in their head the code of all the programs in the world to know how to work with them lol

Dex-chan lover
They also had handover documents prepared in advance in case of emergency. When my friend finally prepared to leave, they took 1 year to find 4 replacements to handover.

They got lucky, if he had died in a car accident at any time, they would have ended with just some guide documents in order to be able to handle a system that only one dude knows to operate.

It is the definition of preparing themselves up for failure, they should have had another 2 guys trained to take his place, in fact having a worker that's irreplaceable is not really a company strength

It is great for the worker and his own individual market value, but it is the worst thing for the company

Dex-chan lover
honestly, I find the chapters revolving around her old work place falling apart FAR more interesting than what she's doing right now, or her stupid consultant/teaching agency.
The problem with these revenge stories such as this, is that the revenge is the meat of the meal, but we're forced to have a lot of vegetables before we get back to the meat - and they're just not very good, being dry and lacking anything interesting... at least when compared to the meat.

Dex-chan lover
They don't need to bring her back, what they need is a different system

If she were to die tomorrow due to a random accident, they would be facing the exact same problem, without the convenient solution of just bringing back the one woman team that was able to keep up with a system that only she knew how to handle

Their mistake was that from the beginning they were too reliant on her, and they still are, so they have to change the system itself, to stop being reliant on her
This is true, however this boss want to cut cost so the chance of him approving an entirely new system is close to nil. After he is fired or the comp went belly up though, maybe.

Dex-chan lover
God I love upper management, I mean just think you achieve such a position that leaves so many people at your mercy that you just have to abuse them to feel anything.

Jokes aside, I do understand it takes a particular person to be a CEO, they have to be somewhat sociopathic so that they can make optimal business decisions. Which makes me feel apprehensive about the writing of this series, the first chapter made it feel like the CEO had an actual plan, then this chalter shows that he had zero plans and now he’s being obstinate. I’ve personally been blessed with really great bosses for the most part through my work life, and one of the most important parts was that I could go to them talk and see some kind of change maybe not a lot, but something.

Aggregator gang
Like seriously tho. Is it really possible to combine multiple system with different platform and languages into one single system? Are there any examples in real life?

Dex-chan lover
Like seriously tho. Is it really possible to combine multiple system with different platform and languages into one single system? Are there any examples in real life?
From my shallow understanding, some services might not share same language and platform in the past as each programmers has their own quirks of working. Being able to fuse the codes from different programming language and platform are not exactly easy.

I think superapps that can function as e-wallets, ride-sharing, marketplace, etc. can be classified as one, but that’s sharing the same platform.

Someone else should explain it because I too want to learn about it.

Dex-chan lover
The internet.
Only half-joke here. If you think of the whole internet as one entity, it needs to interact with tons of different systems using different languages. Now granted, its more like the other systems translate their own input output to work with the internet, but the idea is the same; there just needs to be a translation layer for every different system.

Dex-chan lover
"How is it causing business delays?"
"This was a system that a single person was able to handle"

Delicious tears

546.gif
Very delicious indeed

Users who are viewing this thread