E, Shanai System Subete Wan'ope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - + extra

Dex-chan lover
What's the reasoning for the manager's demotion? Obviously they wanted to keep the girl, but why? Was she doing something very important at the company? Did they see her as a rising star or something?
Tale as old as time and the same story as the cosplayer: the manager fired an employee for spurious reasons and it turned out it cost way more to replace said employee than to just keep them, making that a Bad Management Decision and therefore making the guy a Bad Manager

Dex-chan lover
IIRC she basically kept the whole thing working on her own and when she left they needed a whole team to just about do her job, thus vastly increasing costs or something.
Tale as old as time and the same story as the cosplayer: the manager fired an employee for spurious reasons and it turned out it cost way more to replace said employee than to just keep them, making that a Bad Management Decision and therefore making the guy a Bad Manager

Ah right, they even said they needed far more overtime pay after she left, I was totally being absent minded there.

Dex-chan lover
Well, she was suffering because she wouldn't accept schmoozing with her manager, so you could accept that as the reason for her hatred of men; this is even further backed up by the fact that she was cool with the men at her new work place, likely because she's no longer being stressed by her old sleazy male boss.
Yeah I know, but the fact in the prev chapter she seems to hate ALL men in general even the nice ones like Kenta who are trying to approach her and offer his services leaving some bad taste in my mouth. The author or editor could come up with better or more specific dialogue/Words like she hates her ex-colleague or manager in her workplace and not Men in general.

Double-page supporter
Yeah I know, but the fact in the prev chapter she seems to hate ALL men in general even the nice ones like Kenta who are trying to approach her and offer his services leaving some bad taste in my mouth. The author or editor could come up with better or more specific dialogue/Words like she hates her ex-colleague or manager in her workplace and not Men in general.
Those who got burned by hot water, they also get wary of cold water.

Supporter
Way more satisfying than 99% of isekai revenge trash.

Concur, I very much like seeing shitty people getting their just desserts, but some plot holes that can be overlooked in a fantasy manga IMO cannot fly in a more realistic setting.

This chapter we discover that Yuriko was a relative newcomer (so make it 2-3 years max with the company), and in chapter 6 we learn that her presentations kept getting shot down by the higher ups (so she wasn't having much impact on the overall strategy) and her senior colleague was supposing that Yuriko sooner or later was going to leave and he didn't seem to have any particular issue with it. And yet, just a month after she's gone the remaining staff needs to do massive amounts of overtime to cover for her absence.
How did the office manage before hiring her? Did everybody else start slacking off while she was there? Hell, how did they manage when she had a day off? She did have days off, didn't she?

And then there's the fact of her boss' boss having been demoted as a consequence of her departing. Surely not just for the increased overtime? From what I've always seen portrayed in media the office culture in Japan is that a certain amount of overtime is pretty much par for the course, so I doubt it would lead to a demotion just because the past month's hours have been higher than usual.
I'm struggling to find another possible cause for the demotion that fits the story... Perhaps Yuriko raised a stink on social media that went viral? But then, even if she went back to work it wouldn't resolve anything for the company? :questionblob:

Sorry everybody for the long rant, but I just wasn't expecting to have to employ this much suspension of disbelief in a non-shonen non-isekai manga...

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @matcharuri
  • p1 So last month... apparently the new hire has resigned -> So last month... apparently the new hire resigned
  • p4 live in one -> live on one
  • p5 I'll make it so that it goes back as it once were...! -> I'll make it so everything goes back to how it was before...! [or similar]
  • p6 Right now, I'm now -> Right now, I'm
  • p6 Average employee's age is -> The average employee's age is
  • p6 Total number of employees is only 12. -> There are only 12 employees. // There are only 12 employees in total. // The total number of employees is only 12.
  • p6 A workplace that -> It's a workplace that
  • p6 Can I ask something? -> Can I ask you something?
  • p8 I'm glad a talent like yourself had joined us. -> I'm glad a talent like yourself joined us. // I'm glad a talent like you joined us.
  • p10 Yes... it is -> Yes... you are.
  • p11 After you've left the company, I've finally realised what I've done. -> After you left the company, I finally realised what I'd done.
  • p12 We were really at fault...!! -> It was entirely our fault...!! // The fault lies entirely with us...!!
  • p15 Other... -> [What is this referring to?]
  • p15 I wanna see what's the island's famous cuisine too -> I wanna see the island's local cuisine, too.
  • p15 Please Honma. -> Please, Honma.
  • p15 I'll do anything, any wish you have! -> I'll do anything, I'll fulfill any wish you have!
  • p15 That's great, request me anything! -> That's great, ask me for anything! // That's great, request anything of me! [Or maybe this should be something else entirely, since this line doesn't flow into the next page at all, i.e. into Honma's "Serves you right~".]
  • p20 likeability -> likability
  • p21 You've just recently changed jobs too, didn't you? -> You've just recently changed jobs too, haven't you? // You just recently changed jobs too, didn't you?
  • p21 a lot of a strong developers -> a lot of great developers
  • p21 I was wondering what's up with that. -> I was wondering what was up with that.
  • p21 The person I've always worked closely with, got fired. -> The person I'd always worked closely with, got fired.
  • p21 How old fashioned. -> How old-fashioned.
  • p22 He also had incredible skills -> He also has incredible skills
  • p23 in exchange, I taught him back -> in exchange, I taught him

Dex-chan lover
Concur, I very much like seeing shitty people getting their just desserts, but some plot holes that can be overlooked in a fantasy manga IMO cannot fly in a more realistic setting.

This chapter we discover that Yuriko was a relative newcomer (so make it 2-3 years max with the company), and in chapter 6 we learn that her presentations kept getting shot down by the higher ups (so she wasn't having much impact on the overall strategy) and her senior colleague was supposing that Yuriko sooner or later was going to leave and he didn't seem to have any particular issue with it. And yet, just a month after she's gone the remaining staff needs to do massive amounts of overtime to cover for her absence.
How did the office manage before hiring her? Did everybody else start slacking off while she was there? Hell, how did they manage when she had a day off? She did have days off, didn't she?

And then there's the fact of her boss' boss having been demoted as a consequence of her departing. Surely not just for the increased overtime? From what I've always seen portrayed in media the office culture in Japan is that a certain amount of overtime is pretty much par for the course, so I doubt it would lead to a demotion just because the past month's hours have been higher than usual.
I'm struggling to find another possible cause for the demotion that fits the story... Perhaps Yuriko raised a stink on social media that went viral? But then, even if she went back to work it wouldn't resolve anything for the company? :questionblob:

Sorry everybody for the long rant, but I just wasn't expecting to have to employ this much suspension of disbelief in a non-shonen non-isekai manga...
It's implied that the manager and her coworkers began giving her more and more work, abusing her status as the newcomer and using their seniority over here. This led to the point where she inadvertently became a key part of the office, something that happens commonly enough in the real world.

And while overtime IS common in Japan, unless it's a black company, they won't withhold overtime pay. If an entire team is constantly needing to do overtime to do daily tasks, that's a rising cost the company has to account for, and it shows the failing of the manager in charge of this.

Group Leader
Well she's in a growth arc. She learned to hate men because of the shitty old power harassing asshole (this chapter's guy) and all the other shitty guys at her old place with the typical Japanese company culture.

Now she's met a bunch of new people who treat her like an actual human being and sincerely beg her for unreasonable stuff (and admit right up front it's unreasonable) instead of demanding it. So she's thawing. She's not ready to find a may-UN and get married next week, but she kind of knows these people aren't actively malicious. Though I'm sure there will be setbacks.

Dex-chan lover
Just send him to the island already, the guy has zero remorse, in fact fire them, far from showing any improvement after fucking up, he is actively making things worse

Didn't the resignation notice handled by the resignation agency, explicitly stated to not contact her directly regarding the topic of her resignation? trying to hire her back is directly tied to the topic of her resignation, as thus they could take legal action against them for harassment

Even on that island he is gonna keep his old antics and ruin your business expansion there

Dex-chan lover
Isn't Japan a group of islands? How coud she say she has never been to one?
When they say Islands, they mean the cointryside. The rural prefectures of Japan. Plus, it was just mainly a vindictive line to say in the end. It's more of "have fun rotting in the countryside" type statement.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that there is a proxy company for resigning/termination a worker can pay for in japan. Honestly probably a good way to escape abusive workplace but her call with her ex boss was kinda worrying. Might egged the guy too much hes going stalker muder mode later.

Dex-chan lover
What's the reasoning for the manager's demotion? Obviously they wanted to keep the girl, but why? Was she doing something very important at the company? Did they see her as a rising star or something?

Well, she was suffering because she wouldn't accept schmoozing with her manager, so you could accept that as the reason for her hatred of men; this is even further backed up by the fact that she was cool with the men at her new work place, likely because she's no longer being stressed by her old sleazy male boss.
Sometimes if too many people quit, the managers are given a demotion, temporarily or permanently depending on the circumstances. ...I've uh, heard things from former co-workers.

Dex-chan lover
Now I want to know in details what happen to satou ex=boss. Or was it already mentioned and I just forgot

Dex-chan lover
"why don't you send me pictures of the island" lmao she got yo ass :pepela:

Users who are viewing this thread