E, Shanai System Subete Wan'ope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna be honest. I wasn't buying it last chapter, and thought there was something else going on.
But to think it really was true that he was trying to get money to take his mom to Hawaii. And on that note, such a sweet woman, she totally deserves that and more :qq:

Dex-chan lover
Have you seen rent or housing prices these days? I'd rather stay at home helping my parents around the house while working comfortably to build up savings than bankrupt myself and get mired in debt going "independent."

Dex-chan lover
  • Have no job experience
  • Try to get a job so you can have job experience
  • "Sorry, we can't accept someone with no job experience"
Many such cases

In my country, it goes like this after point 2:
  • You look plain
  • "We won't actually say it, but you're not attractive enough to work here.
  • Even if it's a position with no customer interaction?
  • "We know what we (don't really) say, but you're not attractive enough to work here."

OR

• You're literally only a year older than what they wanted
  • "I'm sorry, you're too old to work here. Not like we'd say it though."
  • You have experience
  • You try to find work elsewhere
  • Everyone wants younger applicants, and you're just a year past your 'expiry date'
  • Go cry in a corner and work as a gravekeeper to make ends meet
  • "You look handsome and you're smart, why do you work here?"

OR

• You're a woman
  • "Can I touch your tits? Just for 10 seconds and you'll start working tomorrow. Sorry for being rude."

That last point actually happened, by the way. Not to me, I'm a man.

Aggregator gang
LOL i'm surprised he'd consider it an issue since a lot of asians live with their family even in 'middle aged' unless they're nagging him to find a wife and give them grandchildren XP

(Mom seems nice tho but other than straining/physical work i've seen plenty of parents seemingly have more energy than burnt out young adults in their 20s :'D)

i mean at this point wouldn't hawaii being overrun with tourists? i had one friend who lived in hawaii for a while and everyday stuff was overpriced (but i suppose if you have the money to go you might as well splurge and pick a luxury hotel)
That actually causes me to assume that the basement dweller term here is the English word. I can't think of any Japanese word that would have the exact same meaning that would need an explanation.

Contributor
Ugh this hits too close to home. Tagging on how software development is a never ending race to catch up to the latest technology from last chapter, I'm terrified of what will happen to me if/when my current company does restructuring and if I don't make the cut. I'm safe now, but when I'm in my 40s and too tired to keep up? What else am I going to do?

Fed-Kun's army
hits a bit too close home, probably to many more in this day and age. Especially page 11-14

Dex-chan lover
In my country, it goes like this after point 2:
  • You look plain
  • "We won't actually say it, but you're not attractive enough to work here.
  • Even if it's a position with no customer interaction?
  • "We know what we (don't really) say, but you're not attractive enough to work here."

OR

• You're literally only a year older than what they wanted
  • You have experience
  • You try to find work elsewhere
  • Everyone wants younger applicants, and you're just a year past your 'expiry date'
  • Go cry in a corner and work as a gravekeeper to make ends meet
  • "You look handsome and you're smart, why do you work here?"

OR

• You're a woman
  • "Can I touch your tits? Just for 10 seconds and you'll start working tomorrow. Sorry for being rude."

That last point actually happened, by the way. Not to me, I'm a man.
In the United States the last two sets of questions could possibly get the company an interview with the EEOC, which wouldn't be pleasant. No company should be stupid to actually state anything regarding "age" as a reason for not heiring someone. They'd have a better excuse lined up. And asking for a sexual favor? Yeah, I'm sure it happens but this could happen too.

https://www.eeoc.gov/sexual-harassment

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person's sex. Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

Users who are viewing this thread