Eboni - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Group Leader
My heart hurts. Owie. The character psychology is so freaking good, why you do. QAQ

Please tell me there's more soon, I'm prepared to cry. TTATT//

I need a revolution ASAP. And it seems the Queen of Babel is gonna get me one with the Archduke’s help.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting so the Queen of their rival country wanted her released, I wonder if she knew her or her father and thus realised there's no way she was the murderer?

ARCHDUKE THROW PAPERS AT ME.

THIS IS GETTING SO GOOD. THE MC'S TRAUMA IS SO NICELY PORTRAYED.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I knew this was going to be a tragic one, but the part about her teacher... Oof, my heart.

Fed-Kun's army
khdasbfkahsdfuias
1: im gay for that queen of babel (nice name choice, theres a hidden meaning in there somewhere im sure);
2: archduke is really out here just guzzling respect women juice 24/7;
3: that teacher story was sad, oh god that poor lady in prison with her...

Fed-Kun's army
He shouldn't shout at her though... I feel like that makes her retreat within herself even if just a little but I'm liking this development in the story so far.

Dex-chan lover
1: im gay for that queen of babel (nice name choice, theres a hidden meaning in there somewhere im sure);
It doesn't seem that hidden to me, so far. There's regional languages and a language for the entire continent. Having the latter makes having the former seem like it's kind of pointlessly making people less able to communicate and work together, just like the whole point of the Tower of Babel story. Second, this woman apparently has more strength than normal humans, making her somewhat above them. That doesn't seem terribly hard to connect to the other end of the Tower of Babel, the attempt to build a tower so high humans could reach God, who became upset at them for trying to raise themselves above the level humans were already at.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah just casually lounge with your chest exposed you playerrr

Double-page supporter
Are you a slave? Well the women of that country are treated like property and it's illegal to educate themselves as that might give them ideas of freedom. So, yes, she is a slave. How is he not aware of the ideals of his own country. Or is that an rhetorical question?

@Glomoro

You know, I actually wasn't going to question it. But now that you bring it up: if we compare the account of Babylon the Great with this story I think it's more of a figurative comparison. Because if we liken the Queen of Babel to, obviously, Babylon. And the men of Kalcass to God. Then, really, this is talking about women striving to be like men and stand on equal footing. It does make me curious as to how this manhwa will end though.

Users who are viewing this thread