EDENS ZERO

Those different release times are a pain in the ass (sry but it really is)...
Currently, we got Ch. 28 and 29 released (from Sorcerer Weekly) while Ch. 26 is still locked because of a Group Delay (from Jaimini's~box~).
I know those Group Delays have a reason and are good for the scanlator groups but if I then see that a later chapter (look at Ch. 27) got released by the same group that released the previous chapter (in this case also Jaimini's~box~) but this time without a Group Delay then it's just annoying...
Either set the Group Delay for every release of the same scanlator group or make it so that if the same group releases a later chapter with a shorter (or even no delay at all like here) that the previous delays will also get changed to that time! I mean cmon why the hell should we e.g. wait longer for chapter 1 then for chapter 2????

God this manga follows the same fucking plot framework of fairy tail, is the author autistic?

Dex-chan lover
This author has not learned from the failures of his previous works.

If by failures you mean rather successful works then yes, he have ... I am sorry but I kinda want to point out that Rave Master and Fairy Tail were hits so its unlikely someone is going to change how he does things when people buy those things, it would be Disney saying "well the MCU is very formulaic so we are going to change that from now on" even if people might agree that are issues the fact, people still buy it so you have no incentive or even a logical reason to change things.

Besides, people call this generic and it might well be but things work because they work ... I think some people are just too old and read stuff and try to look for a meaning for what is done for a younger audience, I am old enough to roll my eyes at the "youtubers" but I understand for this generation its a thing, he might improve but overall the direction will be the same since he done it with Rave Master and done it with Fairy Tail.

Dex-chan lover
@Popesmear It is more like the same formula as other shounen manga. If you pay attention, other shounen manga have the same type of plot but they are still popular. It is not a bad thing as long as it is still interesting.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork Failures? In your opinion or general opinion? It is a fact that his previous works are extremely popular and his must have gotten a lot of money. As much as I don't like Fairy Tail, I have to admit that it has a lot of fans both from Japan and the West and the final anime season is a huge success.

Fed-Kun's army
@Exile First, if you're going to directly oppose a statement, it's common courtesy to notify whoever you're responding to. Not doing so makes you look like a dishonest prick trying to backstab the fellow you're trying to counter.

@miyako19 Second, for both of you, anybody can make a shitload of money selling cocaine cut with bath salts. Anybody can cut and paste a bunch of second-rate rap songs into a mix tape, alter it a bit with some synthesizer programs and push it as their work. Anybody can rile up racial tensions and convince a shitload of people to give them money for "community improvement" or "raising awareness". In all these cases and many more, your abilities as a salesman does not by extension make a product good. Your ability to pander to a particular market does not automatically make you a good chemist/rapper/leader.

I respect Mashima Hiro's skills at market manipulation; he knows his target audience and he feeds them well. But the same can be said of a con artist or a politician.

When I say that Mashima Hiro has not learned from his failures, I'm talking about how his writing chops have not improved in the slightest, and it doesn't take much reading to see it's all pretty much the same. Rave Master was popular for - what - a couple years? Then it burned out. Fairy Tail is the same, but better gilding; same characters, same core story, same writing style and quality, but better placement of the shiny bits to rope in new customers as the old ones get bored.

I think of Mashima Hiro and Kodansha as rough equivalents to Steve Jobs and Apple; quite skilled at selling a huge collection of sub-par product with just enough flash and fancy pieces to distract potential customers.

Aggregator gang
Come for making fun of Mashima, Stay for Rebecca's thighs.

Also, dem smexy metal buttocks.

@ninjadork

I think of Mashima Hiro and Kodansha as rough equivalents to Steve Jobs and Apple; quite skilled at selling a huge collection of sub-par product with just enough flash and fancy pieces to distract potential customers.

Holy fuck that's spot on.
Moreover, about the "writing chops": the characters from series to series are the cut from the same (apparently infinite) cardboard box.
And i don't really wanna go back to FT just for it, but i think the same chops don't even differ from ARC TO ARC in the SAME SERIES.

I'm gonna steal your whole post for the next time some retard comes up swinging his Mashimuscle against more worthy Shonens.

Damn, what a post.
I can almost smell gunpowder in the air.

Aggregator gang
This is not looking so good. Mashima still insists with his childish writing and use of fan service as distraction for a manga that apparently has a plot that he will be writing whenever he sees fit. We don't need to go far to know that Shiki is "The chosen child" or some shit like that.

Contributor
Just wait til you guys see the cover page for chapter 43. You may be too busy to respond.

Double-page supporter
Hmmm? I thought this would've been axed by now. Then again, Mashima has been writing basically the same damn story with the same fucking characters for over a decade and people keep eating that shit up. All these good series out there getting done in by Axe-kun but here we are with Rave Master 3.0/Fairy Tail 2.0. There is no justice in the manga world. I blame all you plebs that support this, acting like this isn't Sci Fi Fairy Tail in space, or whatever. I mean I liked Fairy Tail but enough is enough. Alright, rant over, enjoy your manga.

Double-page supporter
Lol the comments below are more interesting than the actual plot

Users who are viewing this thread