Efforts Never Betray - Ch. 31.5 - Afterword

Dex-chan lover
Thank u for translating! I'm not happy with the ending the writer churned out one bit so I appreciate the translation for the afterword so that we could get some insight into the choices Mr Manhwa man made.
Also, I really wouldn't mind a season 2! Really need to see Jaekyung in a better space

Nono, thank YOU for all your hard work translating this webtoon and all that comes with it (cleaing, typesetting) :eek:oo It must have been a lot of work.

Truly enjoyed the quality of it! <3

Aggregator gang
So let me get this straight.

He came back to his father who became even worse than before ?
Couldn't make up with the two friends who are now gone, one oversea and the other has new friends.
His grades keep dropping and his father keeps beating him.
The only answer is suicide ?

Goodness gracious that ending was beyond awful...

😭I loved the mc because he was hardworking in studies. I dont study as much as him but just fine to get scholarships(poor😥). This story is so demotivating but i knew it was thriller and physiology genre😣. Well translation was good no doubt about it. Love you sir. I hope this language barrier ends one day. And we can chat with author directly 🤤

A little confused at some people’s anger about it ending in tragedy, which it really didn’t considering the author’s want for it to be interpreted either way. If you want it happily, then the ice cream scene is nice. If you wanted it tragic, then you have it as well.

It got me too since I really thought that scene was going to be the end and I was surprised at his father’s reticence.

Plus the fact that he was gone for 2 months at his mother’s house... wherein he wasn’t attending school?? It just seemed off. Things were strange.

This is a psychological tragedy and if you didn’t get that vibe in the first chapters then maybe this wasn’t the best webtoon to read, although I too wanted a happy ending for Jaekyung.

I’m just glad it ended. It was pretty heavy but whatever ending you prefer, Jaekyung was not suffering any longer.

Thank you for translating! This was a journey!

Big thanks to the author and scanlator! I really appreciate your effort <3 though the ending is kinda rushed

My feelings don't exist anymore 💔. I can only imagine in my mind now that mc finds a better place. Only hope 🙏.

Users who are viewing this thread