Efforts Never Betray - Ch. 31

That. Although some people may say it's a bad ending or whatever. That ending was realistic, abusive relationships are hard to get out of and when they apologize there wasn't really and effort put in to what they apologized for. So the person who comes back, falls back into the cycle, again, and again and again until they finally can't handle it.

Kwon ended up emigrating anyways, which is shows how much Jae kyong needed him as a support and for his mental stability. It also shows how reality isn't always how you'd like it to be.
Hansol, well, she's the ignorant character. The person who never realizes and thinks everything will be alright or that things that were wrong before could be fixed. She is the character who regrets but can't do anything due to fear or just, the guilt itself is holding them back.

Obviously there are things that could have been fixed, like it was pretty rushed and the pacing felt weird at times but honestly. Overall it conveyed what the author wanted to convey. Weird how they wanted a happy ending though, but I feel like this ending is better. Yes, it could have been better, but this is really good as a first try. I can't wait to read more of their future works tbh.

wow! thank you for editing and translating! absolute nightmare ending but fiction can be whatever i want it to be so i will be closing my eyes and pretending jaekyong got therapy and escaped his abusive dad !!! a girl can dream x

I knew this would be the ending, but it still hurts. This is the most realistic ending possible. When you have someone that's used to mentally abusing and/or manipulating people, it'll be extremely hard to get away from them. ESPECIALLY if it's a parent.

i loved the entire story but that ending knocked the wind out of me i just kept going like no no why

Dex-chan lover
Given how everything was setup, I found the father suddenly changing his ways and admitting being wrong unrealistic. It honestly was mildly surprising that Jaekyung had not considered suicide much, much earlier. I mean, I get that he held onto the hope that he was going to do better and that his father would be happy, but still, I'm surprised he hadn't considered suicide before.

Anyways, I feel like the suicide ending is the most realistic. Or, at least, things going back to being horrible and him contemplating it. He could be getting ready to do it when something else happens that stops him.

Regardless of the author's original intentions, it looks like [him contemplating] suicide is the most realistic thing.

Fed-Kun's army
I wanted a depressing read so I can see how they solve their issues but I WASNT PREPARED!! THIS MADE ME WORSE T T

Fed-Kun's army
I wanted a depressing read so I can see how they solve their issues but I WASNT PREPARED!! THIS MADE ME WORSE T T
I said this but i really loved the ending and i keep coming back to it, something about Jae Kyung completes me. I like endings like these ones because they make me feel less lonely. Friends wont fix all of his problems. Even his change in environment couldn't help him. Healing is harder than that. So when he didnt i felt weirdly happy? hes away from everything that was thrusted onto him.I wanna see more of him now. Looking at him go through his situation makes me wanna see him do more despite his situation. Even though it ended like that it didnt feel like an ending, it felt like a choice hes made.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread