Efforts Never Betray - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
@45am I see. Although, I'm still confused if the ending meant his friends and dad really did abandon him, or if it's his inner demons playing havoc on his senses.

Power Uploader
@chapatty It's a 2020 film with Park Shin-hye. The name's Kol, which I imagine to be the Korean phonetic spelling of the English name of the film, Call.

Also, seriously good job with this series. It could do with minor proofreading, but given your release pace and that you were doing it solo, everything was pretty neat, typesetting especially.

I wish I got more KTLs like you to apply to our team… I even have a couple of short thrillers waiting in the queue…

I getting pranked i really thought the author gives us a happy ending. But this manhwa is so depressing. I think it's the gloomiest manhwa i ever read.

Thought it's nice to bring this theme since korean is really obsessed with study and mark. Buttt damn i hate how it ends.

I personally interpret the "2nd ending" as a sort of what if-scenario that happens inside his own mind. It simply wouldn't make sense for Hansol to completely ignore him, just because they didn't speak for 2-3 months.

What the... NO. I DON'T ACCEPT THIS! HE DESERVES TO BE HAPPY! I'M GOING TO CRY. DAMMNIT! THIS IS SO DEPRESSING.

Group Leader
@Kendama

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I agree with the proofreading, I'll re-read and try to fix in whatever I can. Though I might have to do it with a clear mind soon lol

oomf thrillers, I'm intrigued. Big thriller fan. But I'm also currently overwhelmed being a TL for other groups but I'll consider your offer 😄👌I'll join your server tho! For now, I just want to do and fix my TS-ing for now. Thanks!

good ending, hansel has choice to choose a better friend than jaekyung who's unstable and a pain to deal with it. i mean i know what jaekyung feels like, but somehow you need to accept it noone realy needs you, and you need to live with it

Mhm... I feel like the author let's us choose which ending suits us best considering his author's note, but I feel like it makes much more sense for the ending to be a tragedy. A happy ending would be too much of a convenient for our MC.

The bad ending would work because his father is way too obsessed with him, so he probably beat him up again and the cycle continues. Sol stopped approaching MC as he already said he forgave her on the phone, so no more guilt. Kwon didn't bother anymore since he felt betrayed once again, so off the country he went.

With the up and down of character development that the MC had throughout as well as with what happened in ch 30, he is most likely too traumatized to change.

for my sake I will just ignore everything that came after the panel where jaekyung smiled

A bit rushed but was very enjoyable and engrossing all throughout. The author has a knack for atmosphere

Holy shit balls the author just lifted me up and threw me down hard that im crying 😅
Thank you so much for translating ❤️ It was a wonderful story 😭

I feel like the theoretical ending that happeneds in jaekyung’s head is more fitting for the overall tone of the story cause he’s been through too much trauma for it simply to end with “my dad doesn’t care abt marks now yay friends.” As much as I want him to be happy, I don’t think his friendships would last with his stubborn mental state.

So the mother was cheating since before the divorce, and filed for divorce when she was already pregnant of his brother, after all the kid was six years old and jae began trembling when he came to know his birthday meaning his mother s reason as to why she left and never contacted to know about him was because she felt that he was a burden and wanted to care just for the little one. After all the MC was just an accident , i was almost gonna cry at that scene. Since the moment he returned home, it wasn t an illusion, it actually was the ant telling jae what he really desired to have happened when he returned home. And the most saddening thing was when he left his mother s house by writing that letter and tyding the room, that scene already spelled what was gonna happen in the future.

@Sinussi I think so too. And didn't Kwon say he was staying? I think this is his guilt of feeling happy. I think that some of this might be true, like his fear, but I don't think his friends would just ditch him immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread