Eiyuu Kyoushitsu - Vol. 10 Ch. 32 - Leonard Build-Up

Supporter
Leonard's screentime really was weird. He was so unnoticeable most of the time in the manga that I just forgot that he even existed until I saw him relatively prominently featured in the anime.

Tbf until last chapter Clay was also just "The guy who's always next to Cassim" for me (who sticks out again due to his pervyness).

Dex-chan lover
I like Leonard but I always thought he was just like, the gentlemanly type of character who holds the door for everyone (not tips fedora "milady" type lol) so this was a weird chapter, idk. I guess i've read too many of those crappy copy-paste "betrayed by my party and cucked by the hero who has bs magic eye charm technique!11!!!11!" lmfao

Dex-chan lover
Very human design

hvaUKrI.png

Aggregator gang
Leonard's screentime really was weird. He was so unnoticeable most of the time in the manga that I just forgot that he even existed until I saw him relatively prominently featured in the anime.

Tbf until last chapter Clay was also just "The guy who's always next to Cassim" for me (who sticks out again due to his pervyness).
I think Leonard, Clay and Kassim are more memorable to Japanese readers, because Japanese readers are familiar with the stereotypes they embody, which are different from stereotypes in Western media. Most weebs know about your tsunderes, kuuderes, etc. but there are so many stereotypes that most Western readers don't know about. The anime nails their "vibe", and introduces them very well imo!

I hope they'll get more screen time going forward.

I like Leonard, so it's nice to see some focus on him though wish it was in a better light. I get theyre playing more on Blade figuring out his feelings, especially the ones towards Earnest, but in the end i just felt bad/awkward for everyone involved lol. Good to know Leonard's gentleman sparkle power can be manifested into a technique though.
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Leonard, or hamburger. I agree with Earnest: Hamburger all the way.

So the twinkle smile is in-universe.

Iona's outfit make it so obvious she's got a good looking body. And Iona as Earnest is just a win.

I'm impressed that it actually worked. She's only got a high resistance, not immunity, towards charm.

But it seems Mr. Hero finally has some emotions popping up.

that got uncomfortably close to Leonard winning for my tastes.
To me it never felt like that, since Earnest's the first heroine and has generally been shown to be the closest to Blade. Would've been more believable if it was anyone else. It's one of those, "like you'd ever do that".

Users who are viewing this thread