Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.1 - A Powerful Bow

Dex-chan lover
I find it quite strange that we weren't shown Michelle's reaction.
She just brutally killed a man she just met and she didn't even flinch (?).
I thought she would have been more innocent about it.

Dex-chan lover
FINALLY we free from this bullshit boring ass arc feelsgoodman to finally move on

@Kitsunestorm65 @Hollow7F
Ah yes
"The Third Eye". Its a bit much to use a dragon-smiting bow on a mere mortal lol
If you want to know more about it. Here's a passage from https://soyokazetranslation.com/2017/04/23/hakai-me-no-yuuri-ch-26/
'And the fourth one is the Bow.

It has 5 [enchantments] applied to it: [Toughness], [Strength], [Acceleration], [Acceleration], and [Sharpness] (incomplete).

It’s the third of my weapons, so the pet name I gave it is “Third Eye”.

I went through a lot of hardships developing this weapon…

On this bow made of black crystal, I used [Strength] to give it flexibility, [Toughness] to harden it, and by [enchanting] it with [Acceleration] twice, it greatly increases the launch speed of the arrows fired from it. This my trump card.

Since crystal isn’t normally flexible, it’s not a material suited for making a bow out of, but I tried brute forcing some pliability into it with [Strength].

With [Toughness] [enchanted] on top of that, it’s an unbelievable weapon that even 10 adults together wouldn’t be able to draw.

The finishing blow to this weapon is that the arrows fired can’t handle the twice applied super acceleration. The moment the arrow is fired, the otherwise rare phenomenon of it breaking in two occurs.

After covering the arrowhead in iron, the next problem that came to light was the arrow, going faster than the speed of sound, burning off its fletching and flying off in some unknown direction.

To deal with this I made the arrows entirely out of iron, and instead of using fletching to stabilize the arrows, I carved spiraling grooves into the arrowhead and the resulting gyroscopic effect kept it stable instead.

Thanks to that, its penetrating power increased, and now even busting through a small castle wall would be… I thought of making it out of iron for a different reason though.

My Master gave me some words of complement saying, “Exactly where do you plan on going to war?”

Basically there’s no way to use it without [Body reinforcement], so it’s specially designed for me.'

Double-page supporter
Yea no, such Deus Ex Machina was truly unwarranted here. Dropped

Dex-chan lover
You would've aim to his feet, just saying, but is true that even 2 vs 1 they didn't have the strength for a finishing blow
thanks for the translation! and yeah, glad this part it's over XP

Dex-chan lover
Wtf. A little girl just decapitated a man with her bow and she doesn't even think twice about the sight of what she has done. This story has some terrible character writing considering how innocent she has been portrayed.

@Mangaknight
Yeah, the author has three novels set in the same universe:
Hakai Me no Yuuri ( https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hakai-me-no-yuuri/ )
- 500 years later -
Half-Dragon Slave Life ( https://www.novelupdates.com/series/half-dragon-slave-life/ )
- 500 years later -
Reborn as the Hero’s Daughter! Time to Become the Hero Once More! ( https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reborn-as-the-heros-daughter-time-to-become-the-hero-once-more-wn/ )

This is the correct order, but I'm not entirely sure on the time gaps between each

Dex-chan lover
Nice first kill, she really massacred him without even blinking huh
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Both of them seemed the miss the obvious strategy of positioning the shield guy in between them. A shield can't protect both the front and back at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
@PFunkX
Okay, wow, yeah. I read some of the novel, so I knew about Michelle randomly getting an overpowered bow that she can't properly use yet, but I did not know that it was from another book by the same author. That... feels even sillier than I thought. Like, there's building on a shared mythos of your earlier work, and then there's... this whole extremely specific situation being contrived just so your old protagonist (I assume?) can show up and randomly save the day once again. Woof. Thanks, but no thanks.

Dex-chan lover
@Blaze_Rod : not the safest way to fight for the one without a bow (especially as the bow wielder is a 7Yo novice), unless you count being shot by a stray arrow as an "acceptable collateral" or you only play games with friendly fire off 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Yurisivel she didnt decapitate him, the arrow went straight through his torso, also the dude was literally trying to kill her friend, and she has trained killing animals, sure she coldl feel a bit bad about her first human kill, but wo knows, maybe she will feel bad about it later

Users who are viewing this thread