Eiyuu to Kenja no Tensei Kon: Katsute no Koutekishu to Kon'yakushite Saikyou Fuufu ni Narimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2

Supporter
That's funny and all but I can't help but think... Having these two in a "magic academy" is like someone showing up to West Point for training and saying, "Oh yeah, I have a PMC. I already control a full naval battlegroup, a full ground division, and several wings of aircraft, including a full complement on my personal aircraft carrier and an AC-130 in my airfield. Oh, and I can't forget my armed and operational nuclear missile silos." Why are they even there?

Dex-chan lover
That's funny and all but I can't help but think... Having these two in a "magic academy" is like someone showing up to West Point for training and saying, "Oh yeah, I have a PMC. I already control a full naval battlegroup, a full ground division, and several wings of aircraft, including a full complement on my personal aircraft carrier and an AC-130 in my airfield. Oh, and I can't forget my armed and operational nuclear missile silos." Why are they even there?
Reid aside who truly want to learn the magic inside him and Elira want to help him learning it, Elira have obligation since she's a noble and reid need to have education since he's Elira fiancee i think.

Dex-chan lover
Forgot this one existed.
I always like the "reincarnated into the same world" ones more than isekais.

Thanks for the TL
I prefer isekais for my trashekai, and for my domestic cheats.
But this works better for stories involving romance transcending past lives.

That said, what I really like about this story has nothing to do with the setting. It is that there's no "will they won't they" or other feet-dragging that is common in jp media for the romance. Boom, they find each other. Boom, they get engaged. And now, boom, seems they will resolve the "misunderstanding", and Boom, actually confess their feelings/fish/carp, kiss, and maybe even lood eachother by holding hands like true degenerates~ No lollygagging, there's some actual initiative. And said initiative is a sweet romance :)

Supporter
Reid aside who truly want to learn the magic inside him and Elira want to help him learning it, Elira have obligation since she's a noble and reid need to have education since he's Elira fiancee i think.
Well, that's a fair explanation, but if I were trying to be truly critical of the story, I can think of two counterarguments. For Elira, I think her obligation would be more towards her country, and the country will benefit far more from having her out in the world doing stuff than being in magic school. She's already a person of mass destruction, after all. As for Reid, the person right next to him is probably the best possible person in the world to actually figure out how to teach him magic, and if he was going to marry into nobility, having personal tutors privately instruct him would be much better both in terms of having him learn faster and also not potentially embarassing Elira's family with a public incident due to his heritage.

In either case, the government of this kingdom, if it was aware of either or both of their abilities, should be doing everything in its power to bind them to its service, not have them go through the motions in magic school and potentially deal with some asshole noble that's going to give them any cause to be hostile towards the rulers or influenced by foreigners who might tempt them into sympathy towards other peoples. To be fair, however, that kind of lack of realpolitik sophistication is common in a lot of similar manga (Black Bullet and Scientific Railgun come immediately to mind)

Dex-chan lover
Oh god..
Did she talk all about the man she loved during the past life, to her friends or confidants the elves? Even though she was too shy to ever confess?
I bet thats why she looks so freaked out. She told all her elf friends that she had a man she loved but couldnt be with, and then at her funeral, he comes charging in to die at her side. So she definitely knows that the "hes going to find out i was in love with him in the last life!!!", but might not know about his actions (unless she heard the story before.)

Users who are viewing this thread