Elf Deck To Senjou Gurashi - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The smell of the next battlefield.

Dex-chan lover
*sigh* A short-haired petite girl of small stature appeared. Of course. And she's probably a tsundere.

Oh my God! They killed Elf Watchman! Those bastards!

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder if the ability to summon cannon fodder after something dies is exclusive to red and whatever colour the snake people deck is from or if it’s found across all types...

It seems like the MC didnt get the hint that humans are trash.

Dex-chan lover
@Phelix

I think calling them evil had more to do with the fact that they seem to enslave every other race and mercilessly kill/ 'use' them just because they're not human.

Fed-Kun's army
@Geohie this is 4th dimensional humor. The humans in this world are like a cartoon villain some environmentalist came up with because 'people bad'

Dex-chan lover
@ Phelix

But people in real life did these things too. People enslaved and murdered countless people in Africa for profit, and literally killed anyone, including children, that they thought wouldn't turn a profit from selling. Britain got China addicted to opium and use that as a excuse to start a war. Yesterday I saw a account from a Russian soldier about east gemany, and he recollected that when they came upon a caravan of refugees the soldiers killed the men, raped the women and shot the crying children in front of the mothers, and all the soldiers, even the female telephonists, were laughing at this. Later, when they arrived at a village, the soldier saw two girls around 14-16, and told them to run away, but later saw that they were caught, after which dozens of soldiers took turns raping the two and then shot them in the mouth and tossed the corpses onto a pigsty. All this even when the 'other' is still human.

Hell, it's even going on today- the slave trade business is estimated to be the largest it's been in a while, and there are reports every few years about American soldiers being court-martialed for gunning down civilians for sport in the middle east (and imagine all the unknown cases of murder and rape from less open militaries like russia or china).

Besides, the elves' have only seen the bad part of humanity, of course their recollections will be bad. Since it seems that not every human is like that, only the soldiers/mercenaries(ie, the ones most likely to come into actual contact with the elves and beastmen) have shown to do all that stuff to the elves/beastmen.

Fed-Kun's army
@Geohie And? You try living in a world of scarse resources and prioritze morality. I'm not denying Human Nature. My grievance with the story's theme is that it thinks that this side of it is Abnormal to Nature.

It spawns these fantasy civilizations that have no concept of evil outside of the Big Mean Scawy Humans, because Elves and Beastman themselves could never harm a fly unless it was to defend themselves, there loved ones, or because they had been wronged. It's a critique the author makes on humanity and it's ridiculous and childish and petty when you take more than five minutes to look at Raw Nature.

You'll find that no one alive today has innocent ancestors. Murdering and Enslaving people in Africa? The Africans were doing that for ages, hell, they were ones selling them to Europeans. Britain got China addicted to Opiods? China is famous for constantly falling apart on it's own dime with massive civil wars. Some Russian Soldier remembers murdering men and raping women? Not a human example, but have you ever seen what a gaggle of Male Ducks do to a lone Female in mating season?

Users who are viewing this thread