Empress's Harem - Ch. 69

I'm mad at this mc whos solely believing fei yue without taking any consideration for bai yu. Is she reincarnated without any previous memory of the main body?

welp... either way... bai yu will probably end up in her harem, one way or another 😅

@clevoine usually the mc of body takeovers considers themselves the master of the body afterwards. Btw I kinda like Bai Yu more than Fei Yue...so hopefully mc will fall in love with him too🤭

I’m sorry please forgive me when I say this everyone, I know Fei Yue loves her in his own way but he literally knew how she and Bai Yu felt about each other and that she didn’t want to be with him before she “lost her memory”/transmigrated. If I were the mc I would feel very betrayed by him and how could she treat her actual love of her life like such crap for someone that’s been plotting and cheating behind her back even after she lost her memory? He even admitted to getting rid of Bai Yus letter. It hurts my heart for all of them, because you can see how much it hurts Bai Yu, and you can see that Fei Yue feels remorse and cares for her but it’s such a betrayal in my opinion and I think our mc here kind of sucks for not being more kind or curious about Bai Yu even after learning more about her past. Idk maybe it’s just me😣lol thank you so much for the chapter!!

I like Fei Yue because his thoughts and actions are very human and his actions aren't incomprehensible. His secrets and insecurities are a by product of his life and the past he had with the original mc's soul. In the final analysis, the best kind of characters are the ones that make sense regardless of whether you personally agree with their decisions. I'm curious to know what Bai Yu's deal is. I wonder why he left the original soul back then.

Wow the past Yan An's life was so chaotic. Well, until now...

Thank you for the constant updates! 💖

Sorry not sorry, but I kinda like the musician more than the First consort lol. Yan An is being a fool now. Whether or not she is thinking that she should have a 'new life' she should have never trusted Fei Yue that easily. Especially when she knows he still have some connections to the Second Princess. She's being very inconsiderate of Bai Yu's feelings too. While it is true she did not remember anything, does that meant the connection of lovers between Yan An and Bai Yu can so easily disappear? At this point of time some part of me seriously hope that Fei Yue ended up die or something, if only so that the probability of him betraying Yan An disappear for good.

Sigh...it was kinda sad for my fav mc was wished dead by another shippers. Yan'an wasn't stupid, she didn't said that she trust fei yue, more that she trust her inner thoughts. Bai yu feelings for the original owner was unclear, is he really romantically in love with the original yan'an ? and then the current yan'an was another person. She has her own perceptive and her own thought, it's a different person after all. So it doesn't mean that she must love what the original body owner's love and hate what the original yan'an hates. I do think that fei yue was suspicious too while he has some connections with the second princess, but so are bai yu as he too had connections with the 1st princess and one of the people that let the original yan'an dead in the first chapter. But later on we will know that they had their own background and reasons, and the current yan'an will learn that.

I am definitely in the fei yue faction. He has secrets...but I know soon enough he will reveal them. I know it's hard for him, but he's slowly opening up to the one he loves. Out of all the mcs, I think fei yue has been through the most. Before, he probably felt like he was too close yet too far to the third princess. I mean he's the first consort! But he was always ignored (and hated ;-;) by the previous yan an. He didn't deserve that, all he wanted was to be loved. And I can understand what he means by being "not worth it". So I'm glad he'll start leaving his past behind. I also hope that everyone (all the mcs) would be happy too. Sigh..it makes me cry how happy fei yue is even if he'll only get a fraction of her love 😭 It makes me appreciate how genuine he is. That his feelings are what we feel as well. Fei yue gets me really emotional lol

@Thifa yes I do like the musician better but above them all, I love the guardian. He must be a commoner like us but has a better relationship with our MC. He is not romantically involved with her because of many reasons. He has begun to develop feelings for her but still cherishes and prioritizes his friendship and professional relations above everything else.

@clevoine the author is making it so that ONLY when a big event happens, our Yan An will remember lmao. So in other words she wants to have time to actually structure the story.

@Momokann for what I know and I saw. You will see that the musician did love her. He still does. Many said the Fei Yue loved the third princess, but apparently, the original third princess knew that he was involved with the second princess and knew that she wanted him as a man. I believe that is the reason why she never tried to be with him. The original princess has a lot of issues to go thru but was stupid enough to not trust the people she should and was lustful that would just look for men. This is the reason why she took OUR Yan An out of her body without killing her to help her take the throne. Maybe she learned that it was her mother's desire for her to take the throne but was too late. I don't agree with the way she did it LOL.

I have bad feelings about the end. Since the original princess is not dead and the new Yan An is not dead either lmao, it is going to be fun to see how things end. I would get pissed off if our Yan An gets to back to the future and only get Fei Yue, I don't like him. He will play with the devil if it means he can temporarily save her but fck her up later. Fei Yue only looks for a way to protect her at the moment but don't think ahead. That is a bad man to be with. It is like those that did nothing for you. What good is to have a man that "will love you" like he does if he is in bed with your foe to help you protect you and say no a single shet nor planned anything with you. If you were involved and you were the one that said yes be sorta intimate but without sleeping with your foe, then I will agree and instead of pity him because he is getting involved with a person he doesn't want to. But how things are, I don't pity him. I am annoyed because he could find other ways.

According to how things as Yan An really wanted to be with Bai but was refused because Fei's mother intervened and helped the second princess by telling her that if she just allows the empress marry her son, the second princess' man aka Fei, with the third princess she would find a way to give her the throne. That is what we saw in the beginning. This is why the original princess felt betrayed. I don't like how Yan An still is all over Fei. He is bad for her. I really want a separation because he still has so many things that he regrets and is suffering every time he sees her getting more men and just spending time at night with him. Pretty much wants him in her bed. If you consider things. She spends more time with her concubines than her husband. Even more with the guardian.

He has many people behind that is trying to use him, and he allows it. If he were disfavored and divorced her, people wouldn't want him and leave him alone. That would be a new start and maybe after that, they can get together. I do believe Fei needs to pay for the bad things he did to the original princess. He didn't do it intensionally but that doesn't mean you don't have to pay for the consequences for your actions. He confabulates with the second princess and knows that his mother is just playing with all the princess and just want to have a relationship with the next empress to gain more power and other benefits.

@aufrive same heree!!
I likes him better that's why it's kinda sad for me when he's been hated for his little jealously towards bai yu, while I find his reasons's understanable😭😭
That he's been bashed for what happens because of him, while it was not within his power to change it 😭
Please...just let him be happy for all the pain and sufferings he's been enduring all along😭

Nice discussion down there. It's just that the original soul is nowhere and the transmigrated soul awakened at some point in the past. So all the problems that culminated to the 3rd princess' death hasn't piled up yet and the new soul still has many chances to fix them. But because the memories is not transferred, the new soul practically has no way to 'merge' with the original. It's literally another soul in an empty body, with her own mind and her own heart. In other words, a completely different person.

If I remember correctly, some bits of the original memory were revealed when big incidents of her past changed. Pretty sure it's connected to the time travel and transmigration, probably the original's wish for revenge. But I'm guessing there's a price that she must pay to change the past, something like "you may turn back time but the one who will write the new history wouldn't be you" or "you and your beloved would never be one" or both. If that's true then it would be one of the best time travel mechanism fantasy I ever know because imho it should never be that easy to change the past (like in some other webtoon I read).

@Darkwolfix Hmm...the original yan'an took the current yan'an soul out of her body? and that she's (original yan'an) still alive?
I read all your post while it's soo long
But I can't really believe that yet as the story's still ongoing and there hasn't been a part that clarify your guesses and thoughts. I'd have some assumptions in how the story goes and how it would be wrapped up too but it can't be clarified so we can just enjoy while the story goes

@Momokann I read other 2 similar stories as this and in those other two stories, the MC died in their world by truck-sama! I even confused it in this story but other readers told me that she didn't die. So, I went to re-re-read the beginning. In the first chapter, we see the CEO finish her work for the day and went out. She finished early so she met her BF on the streets but embracing with another girl.

In the first part of the story, we see how the other girl was pretending to be weak and docile that needs to be defended by a man. That was what charmed the MC's BF, and they broke up right there. She got so pissed off that went to a bar to drink all her sorrows. She felt a slept lying her head on the counter while sitting on a high stool. AND BOOM! she woke up in this new body. The third princess' spirit told our MC that she will allow the CEO to go back to her world and time IFF [ IF and only IF] she helped her take the throne.

As you can see the third princess never asked the MC to take revenge. Nope. She asked the MC to help her take the throne and will return the MC to her world as soon as she finishes the mission.

OUR MC didn't even know the empress's face. She assumed that one in front of her was the empress when she was able to blame the second princess from the scheme the second princess was trying to blame the third princess. Then, she, the MC, got a headache and unlocked one of her memories. I might be confusing it but I think even Yan An mentioned how she doesn't know everything. Otherwise, she would know what Fei did, what Bai went thru, and what her father said to her. But everything is coming little by little to her whenever a big event happens or is done to her.

Idk why but I understand Fei Yue's action. Also there is so many things that is not being explained yet, I kinda want to hold my judgement to these characters. For now, I love all 4 male leads with Fei Yue being my top 1.

This is a harem manhua so she's definitely gonna end up with most if not all of them...

But in all honesty Fei Yue is also my favorite boi T.T idc if he has the victimized plotline

Saw the whole Fei Yue vs. Bai Yu debate and I totally get why Yan An would be on Fei Yue's side given what we know. Like all we know about Bai Yu is that he is a musician and was the original goods' first love. He's too shrouded in mystery for the current Yan An to really decipher and trust. Whereas, Fei Yue is a lot more predictable and is already her husband. That's why Yan An can go after him and give him some leeway without remorse. I feel that Fei Yue also really loves Yan An too and like the only reason why the Maiden Princess was interested in him was because she couldn't have him. Also, considering that the marriage between Fei Yue and the original Yan An was an imperial decree, I doubt either of them really had a choice to begin with.

This is all theorizing at this point with the facts given to us but I'm pretty sure Fei Yue can't just say no to the Empress that easily. He is only a man in a Matriarchal society. Maybe, this could also be the Empress' way to protect Yan An by connecting her to Fei Yue's family because his mother is the Prime Minister or maybe it's the empress way of keeping the balance as the Maiden Princess faction can't be too strong. By marrying Fei Yue to Yan An, there lies a conflict of interests but perhaps, the empress overestimated the Prime Minister's affection for her son. But the Prime Minister cannot despise the Empress so openly so instead, her anger is misplaced towards her own son who became the Empress' tool. Her remark towards Fei Yue being unable to marry the Maiden Princess also gives room for doubt. I feel it's less Fei Yue seduced the Maiden Princess and more, the Prime Minister probably planned to put Fei Yue by the Maiden Princess' side to strengthen their family but given the Imperial Decree of his marriage to Yan An, they were unable to go with the original plan but both the Maiden Princess and the Prime Minister still refuse to let go of their connections so the Maiden Princess has resorted to bargaining with Fei Yue for the original Yan An's life.

I do agree that Fei Yue's actions aren't justified per se but given the setting and the timeframe he was in, his actions feel authentic and believable.

I'm more of a fei yue fan since it's still too early to trust the white haired guy despite the former third princess loving him. Fei yue is suffering bc he wants to protect the mc and the second princess is threatening him. I want to believe that when the time comes, he'll be strong enough to protect mc without him getting hurt and I think that it'd be great character development and he's already leaving the 'past' which is a great first step! Anyways, he's my fav and I wish him happiness with the mc!

Users who are viewing this thread