Watashi no Musuko ga Isekai Tensei Shitappoi - Full ver. - Vol. 5 Ch. 40 - Reincarnation In Another World is Just A Story.

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 7, 2020
Messages
256
Not meaning to be rude as I was following this manga from long ago but....
But it happens? She is now healed emotionally and can live as a proper human instead of a sekai-obsessed ghoul? And Doubara is happy to see her and maaaaaybe in the coming years they would find the comfort of each other. Maaaybe.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
2,500
....I have to admit, this is one of my favorite endings in a manga. I'm so damn used to the ending almost never being stuck due to unforeseen cancellations and rushed conclusions. This.... I thought they GOT it.

Writing a story together... I think that's beautiful.

But you know what else is beautiful?


0weaiu.jpg


What a smokeshow. From the very first page to this. One of the most beautiful characters drawn in recent memory, and it's like her appearance is magnified by her grief, and the role of a mother whose son was her whole world.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 17, 2026
Messages
2,057
Not meaning to be rude as I was following this manga from long ago but....

Literally nothing happens: the manga?
But it happens? She is now healed emotionally and can live as a proper human instead of a sekai-obsessed ghoul? And Doubara is happy to see her and maaaaaybe in the coming years they would find the comfort of each other. Maaaybe.
Means nothing happened in this story even to the end, and that is the story, a BIG FOCKING NOTHING.

Story reflecting realism,a real life, nothing going on, boring and hard to live, that is why isekai sells as it sells idealism. Manga show how an idea/concept can hurt people mentality, and how to approach/accepts it properly.

Naturally story is boring to the end, and that is why it is GOOD for people who loves to be engrossed in self thinking.

If you want story in same taste, old osamu tezuka manga about early struggle of mangaka post WW2 is a better portrayal of what happen when a person faced with bleak future.
Another good pick is the story of kamen rider daddy, how kamen rider born and how it started from concept of, I wish there is a SUPERMAN TO SAVE US in hardships, to give people hope.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
738
I had to look because i did not remember his hair being different after reading the comment of "You changed your hair" and... it's just shorter, it's the same hairstyle.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 25, 2018
Messages
1,975
In the end this series got lucky, such a good translator that actually cared and knew what he was doing.
Respect.


Someone mentioned Nora to Zassho, is, it's similar I a way.
As a said before I would buy this if it easier to buy from Japan. I'll have to watch for an English edition.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 17, 2023
Messages
5,161
They stuck the landing! Huzzah! I really liked the concept of this one- An isekai without the isekai. All the best isekai have an emotional beat or a theme that motivates the MC, so they're not just an adventuring murderhobo. Maybe they hated their black company job, or got bullied at school, or the original world was a dystopia. Then they get Isekai'd and they find they have power and influence or attention from girls. Something they lacked before.

In this story we start with that same sense of loss- Doubara without friends or meaningful work, Mio driven mad by grief. But instead of getting isekai'd they try to find salvation in the idea of getting isekai'd, and it's self-destructive. In the end, they manage to break the fantasy and face their problems in the real world. That's a tight message.

It's also executed with grace and without pandering. This is a theme written for Otaku. The audience is people who have felt that mad desire to retreat into their books and who can't face the real world. And the ending doesn't reward the OTaku MC with riches and waifus. He's still got to go to work, he doesn't get the girl. But his life has more direction and he still enjoys his Otaku hobbies. Balance. A clumsier work would tell the Otaku to drop their hobby and grow up, or it would reward them for their hobby with gold and women.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
155
Because of the double release, the chapter 39 doesn't get the attention it deserved, but that train delay announcement hurts a lot. For many people there, at least for the two girls, it only means that they might get late to the work. However, Doubara can see it. Someone's world is destroyed. Someone is hurting so much that they choose what they thought as liberation, without knowing that maybe there are people who will get hurt from the way they pass. Then he added his line of thought accompanied by news of people who are shown as numbers that for him, is not just what it is. That number is a whole world for someone. Something that might haunt them, or hurt them in a way that they never know before.

Also, two Taiga's online friends are depicted there, except Say-san. And.... They still don't know Taiga is dead.... Even then, they remember him, and wish to see his writing again. Even when their life continues, unbothered, the gap that Taiga left is there. It's hauntingly realistic, an online friend that suddenly disappear, but we want them to be alright, we want to believe that they're alright, and some day they will be back.

The quest of this series is about Mio-san accepting his son's death, and she finished that with Doubara's help. What she gain is tomorrow. For someone that nearly ended her own life, and doesn't believe in the future, every little step for tomorrow is already a great loot. She wonders about tomorrow weather, she stores her winter clothes in spring, believing that she'll meet winter again, and she wants to read the continuation of light novel, that hopefully will be released next spring. Her days are not something that just pass unnoticed. She doesn't live just for the moment. She yearns for tomorrow, for the future.

Beautifully done by the author, and the illustrator. And thank you for the work, occo, and translator-san. Hope I can buy the books someday.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
2,452
I'm so glad they found the stability they both needed to keep being able to smile again.

Thanks for the tl, that last afterword made me sob.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 15, 2023
Messages
613
I first discovered this manga about two years ago, I feel in love with it immediately. Back then, the translation was unfinished, it seems like the group (or person?) had dropped it midway through. Two years. Time passed, we survived multiple DMCAs, but I never stopped thinking about this manga. Whenever I looked at my favorites tab and i saw this manga looking lonely and abandoned, I felt the urge to maybe try to pick it up on my own and do the whole work of translating and typesetting by myself.

I'm so glad I didn't do it. I would have to rely on MTL and maybe ask a friend who speaks JP for help here and there, but i'm sure my shady work would have never compared to the translation we got.
Thank you for taking your time to finish this story for us, your inputs at the end of the chapters were also very insightful.

I hated how frustrating it felt to desperately want to know how the story ends, but looking back now, i'm glad this came out now rather than before. I like to think the me from 2 years ago wouldn't have appreciated this ending more than the me from today. Back then I was more curious than invested. Now I truly love this manga.
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Messages
1,558
You know part of me was hoping that, even with all that happened, there would be a post-chapter stinger where the son wakes up in a field in another world and says "Status" before cutting to a black panel or something like that.


Would it have ruined everything? Yes. But I would have laughed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top