Error uploading any chapter :fixed: don't necro

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been more than two weeks now and i still can't upload any chapters :( It just says "something went wrong with the upload", the files are properly named and is less than 100mb

Group Leader
Same issues since long ago. This problem is like having connection time out during upload. If our upload not finish within the "few minutes", it will directly terminate the connection and say "something went wrong with the upload".

Temporary solution for this issues:
1. Compress file you want to upload and try upload again
2. If you using mobile data, go to location that best possible speed for your mobile ISP

@Holo By the way developer, please give us ability to upload via link because upload to cloud like GDrive or Mega.Nz we not have any problem. So if your server can receive link from file hosting/cloud, upload not gonna be an issues anymore

Group Leader
I was trying to upload a very small zip file for just one chapter for 2 hours for https://mangadex.org/title/47656/how-to-divorce-the-male-lead

No success until I used a Chrome VPN extention "SetUp VPN" and renamed my zip file into cbr. Just the VPN didn't work. No idea why those two things worked though.

Power Uploader
I am not able to upload any chapters, it is showing that " file can't be uploaded this time" please someone help

Group Leader
Same here.
I tried uploading a chapter at least 10 times, the bar filled up at 100% then the error message showed up: "something went wrong with your update".
File Is a .zip with no password, 50.7MB, It has no directories, just the files all < 1MB, .jpg and named from 01.jpg to 89.jpg.

Did anyone managed to find a solution?

i've been trying to edit a chapter with a new zip file but i've been getting the same error over and over again. it's a 98.6mb zip with no naming issues or passwords like that though. i've tried using a vpn, uploading a cbz file instead, and restarting my browser but none have worked. i've tried more than 5 times now 😭

Group Leader
I'm also trying to upload a chapter, but I get the same "Warning: Something went wrong with your upload" error message when I get about to 60% progress. It's a large file though, but it doesn't exceed 95MB. No nested folders, naming conventions are alright. I've tried using a vpn and uploading it as a .cbz. I've tried several times now, but nothing works.

Group Leader
I'm getting the same thing. I tried the VPN AND the cbz. No luck whatsoever. I'm USA based and having issues with the same error message!

Easier for them to solve this problem by joining the discord.
WHICH MEANS THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST POST HERE!
https://discord.gg/mangadex

Group Leader
@blackyawgdom The discord only says the same thing as here though? All it says is to use VPN. That's it. They don't have a solution on Discord as far as I can tell. If there is a solution, why don't you post it here so people won't have to read 100s of messages on discord.

Group Leader
In my case, when I uploaded the zip file, I got the message: This chapter is unavailable.

Power Uploader
looks like large file upload problems are largely server side (same problem here). Will likely be fixed with the new server being added soon

@kingyoya In your case since you seem to be a new user/new uploader your upload was likely placed in the moderation queue to be manually looked at.

Group Leader
Having the same problem. whenever i try to upload a chapter, it gives me the error "something went wrong". any fixes for this ?

Group Leader
I've also been having a problem with uploading. There's nothing wrong with the zip file or its contents but I always get the message of 'warning: something went wrong with your upload'. I'm a new user so I'm not completely sure whether this is because my upload is in the queue or because there really is something going wrong.
(Edit: I've also tried VPN, didn't work either)
(2nd edit: Success!! Turns out the uploading won't work on Chrome but when I switched to Firefox it worked.)

Dex-chan lover
Having this issue too. No clue what the issue is, I've tried multiple ways of doing this now. It would be nice if it gave us some indication of what was going wrong instead of a vague "something".

I was having a similar problem and tried every single suggestion on here and Reddit and none of it worked so I thought I'd share what worked for me.

Even though my file size was well under 100MB, I noticed that for some reason my pixel dimensions were in the 2000x4000 range. I reduced all of them manually by half and then could upload without a problem and the pages look normal.

I've been trying to upload to Marmalade Boy Little but I keep being told I either have multiple folders or if I have files starting with an invalid character. What is considered an invalid character? Is there a proper name for the files? Should they be PNGs, JPEGs, or PDFs? What is the proper step by step to uploading chapters because that could be the reason it's not uploading.

Multiple possible problems. ask on discord for more/better help

Could be the zip is like this
Zip -> Folder -> image 1-20.
You dont rightclick and zip the folder. you highlight all the images then righclick to make them a zip.

Also seriously who the fuck releases manga as pdfs. DONT DO THAT SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread