Ester de Valonia

hmmm somehow i've seen this kind of art style before, but i just search for the artist other manga, and seems he only just make one

Dex-chan lover
It really shouldn't be compared to Overlord. After all, Overlord MC is strong individually, and here we have a purely managerial MC with no combat power.

@Thiron That's really the only difference between Overlord and this. I mean, for the most part even the other characters fill the same character types as in Overlord. The girl on the cover is literally Albedo.

I’ve noticed a lot of these isekais that revolve around going from a game to reality, for example Overlord, Moto Sekai Ichi'i Subchara Ikusei Nikki, A Wild Last Boss Has Appeared, Maou sama retry or Manuke FPS. Most of them are centered around the idea that the MC is transported to a different world but becomes their in game character when they do so. More and more so (in real life) people are trying to escape from reality into their fantasy world when they play games and I think especially so for the people who put massive hours into a game. Ark I think is a really good example of a game that facilitates this. When I used to play I remember many people in my tribe and in our allied tribes who legitimately spent 90% or more of their waking life playing Ark. I could probably say without any risk of being wrong that those people would have given anything to be able to live in that world. Anyways my point in saying all of this is I wonder if the reason why we see multiple fairly popular stories of this kind (video game to isekai stories) is because so many people nowadays feel like the real world is shitty. Personally, this is why I think gacha games where you pay for avatars of anime girls are so popular. I think more so than people being manipulated by the gambling type system it uses. A lot of them, especially the big spenders, are people who want to pretend that they have a harem of all of those avatars.

Wow I really rambled lol, but I wanted to write this down somewhere before I forgot and where better than a mangadex comment section :p

Dex-chan lover
Hey, found the WN link https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7769bh/

@skeletor51
That and there’s a non zero chance the MC will get laid

@mothproofacorn
Yeah it’s escapist fantasy, it’s not exactly new (Escaflowne and Inuyasha come to mind, shit even Peter Pan ) but it’s definitely accelerated in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread