Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 20

Wow I just caught up... thank you so much for the translation and the mass release ! I like the artwork, it's pretty. But the story needed a little more work. Like for example the world building, unless i completly missed it, they didn't really explain "magic" except for Nocton's mindcontrol maybe. Suddenty Aaron and Nocton had a fight ? but with magic ? without moving ? WUT that's some JOJO stuff
Then Valrose's sister being engaged to a ... Troll ? So other species exists ? Again no world building that's a shame...

I don't mind the fact that they don't talk or all the misunderstanding, that's the case for most stories like this. But the flow of the story is, in my opinion, all over the place. There are so many twists, and so fast too. The story goes sonic speed fast. You don't even have the time to appreciate a twist that another comes around the corner. Some people might like a fast pacing story I need more building of the world and the characters. They are all unique and interesting but at the time so... superficial ? Again just my opinion, but if the author would have gone slower so that we could see growth in the characters they would seem more flesh out...

I'll keep on reading because I really like the premise of the story and want to see what happens next. Maybe in the next few chapters we'll get more answers and everytging will make much more sense but right when i'm reading it, it feels like I'm watching an Indian drama with all the cuts, the flashes, and over dramatic editing lolol

This mega update was amazing, tysm.

I love the characters is this, they’re actually pretty complex. Although I find that the plot and the events aren’t really well explained. I still don’t know whats up with the ML being engaged to Alice, for example. Or the entire sequence with the blood coughing. They fought? What when how whaaaaaa? It seems like a lot of things happen off screen and then are just retold to us.

I hate to be "that" reader, but very often when a series seems to be confusing, it's the translation that is at fault and not the original. Are there any native/fluent Korean speakers out there who can confirm whether the series is similarly confusing in Korean?

Wow, thanks for this mass release! What a treat and I am hooked 😭 The story so far has been an emotional rollercoaster but I'm liking it! Thank you once again ♥️

Dex-chan lover
Bornaine is a paid actor
thanks for dunk all the chapter in my face in 1 go
just like I said before this manhwa is like tip of iceberg
first, they reveal vaguely then they go more and more in-depth but yeah
they could have made the story much more connect
they don't even explain about magic stuff
only Edgar's hypnosis is show
what about other attributes?

To see people here saying that he should be more “honest” with her is totally nonsense based on the context of the story ... seriously people, try to interpret better the context of the story and also the characters before saying that. If it were a story of about a couple in the contemporary world and everything, I would agree with the communication and even then we would have to see the perspective of the characters. People who have been through traumas or are antisocial don't communicate that easy even in real life ... 😅😅😅😅

ML's natural-born black magic & the constant threats to his life have made him a psycho, & Valrose is the only thing giving him like a shred of humanity. But he thinks she only followed him around bc of the magic, & that it's breaking so she really fell in love with Aaron & they got engaged. If he didn't hurt himself by drinking holy water, maybe he would've snapped when she sided with Aaron 2 ch ago, just like he snapped in Alice's dream.

Literally he thinks everything & every connection he has is built by black magic, that's so freaking sad. He's maybe the most monstrous but also saddest ML I've ever seen, really hope Valrose was never under the influence of magic to begin with & that they can figure that out... only way to a happy ending for everybody.

Holy sweet mother of mass release, thanks so much for your hard work, Parody Scans!

@mixordia i actually think it might be more deeper than that
all the moments we saw people being brainwashed by him, after the effect they seemed like they didnt clearly remember what happened and that they weren't doing it by their own will, so my guess is: he thinks there is no need to make things clean with her because if he uses magic she will eventually believe in him and not get mad, he believes there is no need for a really deep and honest connection because since the beginning everything started with his magic.

Users who are viewing this thread