Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 31

ok but this is a bit too much. too many misunderstandings. once or twice is ok but it seems every sentence is becoming one. are we still in the 'set up' phase? isn't it about time we moved on to resolution?

i know this story is called 'everything was a mistake' but even so, i'm reaching my limit on how many 'mistakes' born from miscommunication i can stand. now it's just pointless drama. or at least we are moving that way.

i hope this isn't one of those stories that will get worse and worse and the author only slaps one luke-warm 'and now you know the truth' chapter at the end without even touching upon how much they hurt and misunderstood each other in the process.

does anyone have the novel spoilers? are we in for another 500 chapters of misunderstandings or are they resolved and we get new ones? did the novel end already btw?

@hakunoyuuki it's the other way around actually. nocton first manipulated her by using her first name, duroa and and gave her a command using that name. so now, since he doesn't want to mind control her again, he can't use her name even though he hates calling her by her surname since it makes their relationship very cold and impersonal. so it's yet another misunderstanding. nocton manipulated her once, when they were kids, and then took conscious effort never to do it again...

No, you idiot. Why can't you figure out that you immune to his brainwashing? 🤣🤣🤣

If you are under this brainwashing, do you think you can make your own choice or action?

30 chapters in and they haven’t solve one single mistake. Rather, they keep adding misunderstandings over misunderstandings. It’s so frustrating to read 😣

And now alice is planning on helping the mother ughhhh. Well i guess, thats the expected action based on what she dreamed of. But really, they could save a lot of time by them all talking to each other. I don’t know why nocton is so adamant to not explaining anything. If its because he’s scared that Valrose would go away, then he’s doing a great job just doing exactly that. And Valrose herself ughh, she refused to listen to nocton just because alice and co say so. She uselessly knows most of the story but is easily swayed.

This brainwashing thing makes things so complicated truly. Tho somehow i believe that the brainwashing don’t work on her... she must have a buff or two as the protag lols HAHHAH gonna have something to make her special on the story 😅

@misto713 wait when was this? The manipulation during childhood I mean? Cause from what I've seen Nocton seems to be under the impression that he's got his hooks in Duroa, and he feels bad about it but cannot make himself let go (and call her Duroa instead of Valrose).

If using a name for an initial manipulation means you cannot ever use that name again... That's some seriously flawed magic.

The entire series' conflict and drama are based on misunderstanding... it could all be prevented if any of them are willing to talk about it.... god. I might just drop this because it's so frustrating to read. 😐

Man, i like this story, but if nothing gets solved i think i will drop it too... like for real, i feel for him, poor boy, but its getting annoying :(

The miscommunication is vexing

I wish FL would realise nocton tried to brainwash her to like him and realise that it didn’t work on her. Though I can of get that realistically people would be too terrified to think properly and it is kinda hard to change your first impression or initial thought about a person’s personality

this whole series is such a good example for idiot plot :| this probably isnt gonna get solved anytime soon so im probably gonna drop it in the next few chapters

She does know that Valrose is her family name and not really HER name, right? That means he's hypnotizing everyone in her family if he's saying Valrose all the time. And didn't he say Valrose isn't even her name, I'm not sure in which chapter but I think I read something like that.

This fl irks me. It's like she's strictly going off of the knowledge of the book and not actual experience, she's basically seeing everything only from one side. She never tried to figure out why Nocton is doing what he's doing, she doesn't even know what really went on in the duke's household to make him into such a person. And it annoys me that she doesn't even try to entertain other possibilities as to why Nocton is like that. Why does she find it weird that this guy might actually like her? She seems ok with the thought of him being obsessed with her but to actually like her, oh hell nah, that's blasphemy! 🙄

@hakunoyuuki you know, now that i've read it again, it's a bit ambiguous. the first time he calls her name while thinking about hyphotising her, he calls her by her full name, or rather 'roa valrose'. since he does pretty much the same thing when hypnotising sherryl, the blonde girl, i thought that's what the 'name with power' was meant to be.

...but now i'm not sure.

I was dropping this and just read it again to check the progress, holy moly everything here is annoying. The stories didn't go any further, the fl really irks me and dumb if i can call her.

The one who have progress are just Nocton and her fiance 😤

Users who are viewing this thread