EX-ARM

After reading these comments, I checked out the anime. Just... don't do the same. Pretend it doesn't exist.

Shame though. It could've had some awesome fights.

Wow. This is hot garbage.
I was expecting a good "Ghost in the Shell"-esque scifi manga. Everyone was always on "anime so bad, but manga so good" and I never watched the anime, so I expected some decent plit and world building.

But its just some garbage scifi isekai with the usual tropes of: Loser MC gets hit by a truck (!!!!!), reincarnates in 'unknown' world in the middle of a fight (!!), tries to save hot girl from being tortured(!!) by mean guy, succeeds by taking over body of another hot girl (!!) and now has to find all pokemon EX-ARM in order to save the world.

Sprinkle in some ecchi, some stuff about overcoming your neet status by making an effort (whatever they call it) and some visuals that have been recycled for the last 30 years and voilà you got your run of the mill shitty isekai

@Myorn

I’m very picky about what I like, so when I say I enjoy this, that definitely means something (to me, at least). It doesn’t have to be “Ghost in the Shell” or “Evangelion”. Ir’s not a masterpiece and that’s fine. It’s doing, what it’s doing, well enough to keep me wanting more. There is definitely world-building and reasonable character motivations. There are a few weird writing decisions and cliché’s here and there. But, at the end of the day, it’s not so bad or distracting to devalue the positives the series has. It’s a fun story to follow.

And you’re wrong. It’s not an isekai. It certainly uses the isekai trope of getting killed by a vehicle (which I hate), but I believe that wasn’t intentional. Also, the MC is “asleep” and is awoken 16 years into the future. He doesn’t get transported to another world, so it’s not the same thing as an isekai. I don’t see how you could misinterpret that.

I have to agree: I HATE the ecchi stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I welcome nudity and gore, it makes it all feel realistic and more serious. But if I wanted to look at big anime tiddies, I would find a hentai. The fan-service nudity is horrible and this series would be much better off without it. As for the MC’s motivation, it’s nothing spectacular or revolutionary. And again, it doesn’t have to be. His motivation is definitely the driving force, but isn’t as important as what he’s going through. I quite like the MacGuffins. They all have unique abilities. What else is needed? I have to agree with you about the MC being a “zero” in life. We could’ve gone without that.

I don’t know how far you’ve read, but you should know that the first arc doesn’t do the series justice. The very next arc is really good, with amazing twists and mysteries. The third arc (currently being scanlated) is just amazing. So maybe read through the whole thing, before judging it based on the first, brief (definitely mediocre) arc.

Fed-Kun's army
You know you are in the future when the tops of buildings look like graphic cards.

Im glad that some of the readers appreciate this because i think its really good. Its just that the adaptation is not that good enough and i think the author didnt deserve that kind of adaptation so i really hope the studio who picked this up improves in the future.

Dex-chan lover
An okay manga but bad anime adaptation.
How TF did they screw up the anime is beyond me.

@Myorn Youre a fuck_ing re_tard this manga is a masterpiece ghost in the shell is pretentious basic pseudo intellectual trash that only an idiot like you would think is deep or "complex" this isnt even an isseaki you dumb f_uck

@dwella naw its a solid 10 you fu_ucking idiot your a casual i have ultimate taste in manga ive been reading for way longer than u

@DebuYWeebs its a masterpiece u dumb virgen weeabo go get laid

Users who are viewing this thread