Exterminator - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.2

Double-page supporter
@Hollow7F:
Exactly. In the WN version: The dungeon vanished. Marquez and his companions fell down and were burried by the ground falling on top of them. Marquez survived due to his skill "Immortal Body" and eventually crawled out of that "grave" he had been "buried" in. He found out that all his companions died in this event and furthermore the demonking had been slain in the meantime by another summoned hero because Marquez had taken months or longer to get out from being buried alive. Afterwards he set out to journey the world trying to find a place to stay or maybe to die but his skill never let him die. Marquez tries to ask Naoki to take the skill away and kill him by doing that. But Naoki's intuition is spot on when Marquez tries to make that request and so Naoki intercepts Marquez saying that he will help Marquez as long as it is not about ending Marquez's life. Btw. taking away the immortality skill = killing Marquez is a fact because it has been 300 years, remember? So Marquez only lives because of the skill. Taking away the skill would cause Marquez to instantly age by 300 years which obviously means death for a human.

Dex-chan lover
@Talh
question doe if he takes the inmortality skill, does he became inmortal instead? or does the skill just disappears

Aggregator gang
The lack of development is infuriating. Ayl is fantastic, though she'd do better to have some well defined abs.

Dex-chan lover
@Drifter His story wasn't very long though. It wasn't even a year by the sounds of it.

Immortality is only a good skill if you have immense power or immense knowledge/ability to learn. You will always need something to do or be able to find interest in the simplest of things. Would suck to be average or weak and immortal

@Liquidxlax Considering that if you were to be a weak inmortal you could be trapped somewhere for thousands of years doing nothing. It would really suck many ways.

If you manage to gain inmortality you should also get a kill switch in case of the worst.

Double-page supporter
This discussion reminds me of the youtube channel Because Science where one series discuss why we should not want certain superpowers in reality with science as proof.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax the hell are you talking about? xD
You don't have any superpowers nor immense knowledge right now... should you die now?

What you need is a curious mind and eagerness to learn and see. The universe is so vast your imagination nor anyone's that is alive can even begin to comprehend... I doubt one immortality would be enough to see it all. (remember to bring a camera with you in case you forget ;p)

I thought this manga also got axed or something but here we're with a another chapter but unfortunately i already forgot everything about this manga or characters so I'm gonna read it again.

Dex-chan lover
ooooh, thanks for the chapter, i actually quite enjoy this series. :3

Group Leader
WOW
as much as i like this manga
someone should pick this up instead
champion is taking way too long to update
i am aware of their uploading to mangadex policy

Dex-chan lover
@Acolytus You think this is ominous, the wn novel lingered, Marquez beating around the bush for a couple chapters before giving this warning. I thought it was just a matter of time before he killed them all, but no, he was just lonely after hundreds of years of solitude. As for the skill thing, it wasn't brainwashing, he was worried about dieing so he put points into all the resistance and endurance skills, and when he maxed them he saw Immortal Body. Oh and as a bonus, i think the Elf mage was his pregnant girlfriend.

Double-page supporter
@Hollow7F:

As I wrote he intercepts Marquez's request about that and refuses without Marquez even having the chance to ask for it. So how Naoki could deal with the skill exactly is not answered. It is just assumed by both of them that if Naoki continues unlocking skills he might unlock a skill that can deal with the immortality skill of Marquez.

Dex-chan lover
@Darkion That is kinda what I was going for. A strong person probably wouldn't get trapped and a smart person would have a very good chance of getting out, though not in all cases. It would be nice to have the senses of the best animals as well as a bit of foresight

@Aureliano Don't know how you got that. I was insinuating that if you were are not able to fight or are not strong nor smart being immortal can be dangerous. People could kidnap you and torture you until they figure out the secret to immortality. You can't die so you may never be able to escape. If you got trapped in a hole like the hero while being weak without magic or other shit you ain't getting out unless someone finds you. Not knowing how to handle living for a much longer period than those around you will make life harder. If you can't find things to enjoy or aren't able to lose your sense of time once in a while and i'm sure more life gets worse and worse

@Liquidxlax I remember that there is a manga where an inmortal character says that subsconciously forgets parts of his past to deal with the fact that he is inmortal (dealing with dead friends, family and stuff). I don't think most people would be able to deal with being inmortal, it would require a very carefree mindset.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine you gain immortality without a kill switch and your planet at some time gets blasted into bits by a planetary collision, on a space travel your ship crashes into a sun or on a extra-planar travel you end up in a D'n'D/Pathfinder-like plane of fire. Or you simply get buried by lava or so much dirt, you can't escape. Being stuck in the vacuum of space, an atmospheric layer of a sun (where noone will ever come and get you), in fire itself or under millions of metric ton of earth and stone, does sound horrifying. Kill switch = best switch.

Users who are viewing this thread