Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Fifth Generation Dragon Force

Dex-chan lover
Man, dragonification is cool. i really want see Natsu and the others dragonification form. Well for Natsu we can see it on FT movie 2 i guess?

I don’t even know what to say anymore hahahahaha I (or we?) cried for nothing gahd damnit 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I may be in the minority and I don't care what anyone says, but I'm really glad that Irene is still alive somehow.

Group Leader
@Tikibo
On one hand, I'm glad there was still a piece of Irene left in Wendy. On the other hand, this is Mashima's school of retconing striking again.

If it were me, I would have made it so that Irene had preemptively left a "backup" of hers in Wendy's body when she first made the switch, just as a precaution in case things went south (as opposed to being accidental), but the real one would still be dead. So, instead of Wendy gaining Irene's power, the leftover of Irene's personality, mixed with Wendy's kindness, would regain the human feelings she had before turning into a dragon and grant Wendy the knowledge she amassed in those thousands of years, including the separation magic and leave a final message to Erza before disappearing from Wendy's mind.

I think this would be less jarring than what Mashima wrote. Instead of an instant power up, it's knowledge that wins the battle, and the emotional charge behind Irene's death doesn't get diminished in retrospective.

Doesn't this somehow make the 5th gen closer to Acnologia? I mean, Acno ate the dragons he killed and bathed in their blood too, which is why he was dragonified. The only difference is that Acno was derived from the 1st gen while the 5th gen is derived from the 2nd gen.

Double-page supporter
This chapter
6a8.jpg

Group Leader
Im not gonna complain about this chapter at all, in FT world it kinda makes sense, but even then I really would love if Mashima made something that could surpass Rave Master, that manga is still one of my favorites regardless of have some people say...anyone whos reading that new manga can tell me if its good enough to read it?

Until the day simon comes back to life, i will call bullshitery that no one dies. if he comes back i will stop complaining.i mean it sucks being the only person that truly died.

Users who are viewing this thread