Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 17.1

Dex-chan lover
I wanna pet that bird, it looks cute.

image.png

Dex-chan lover
This manga is just throwing plot progression at us in its barest form without any flair or wit.

"Hey, you. You help me do something possibly bad-bad. I bring up your dad's name so you do what I say, okay?"

"That's all the convincing I need."

Dex-chan lover
This manga does a really bad job of introducing its characters or plot developments.
I still can't figure out which one of the two scrawny short smiley blonde girls is the main heroine - I think there's a a slight difference in their hairstyles, but I don't feel invested enough to remember it.
Now there's an one-off character from a skippable tournament arc which was arbitrarily given prominence and we're supposed to know and care about her, and that's not even the first time that happens in the manga.
I think the manga should've taken its time really.

Dex-chan lover
Judging by the break-neck speed the manga is churning out the characters and their backstories, we're probably not going to get the rest. Elrise recalls her as a sub-heroine. Anyways, Elrise herself explains her version of the character where instead of her father losing the position of first knight, when he was in that position he criticized and advised Pizzarise and for his trouble was executed and had his family destroyed. In Elrise's memories, Aina would go on a revenge plot to try and kill Elrise. If the player doesn't interfere, she is stopped and then executed, but if the player does, then they elope and go on the run.

Then there's current Aina. Manga also skimps out on a few details. On top of the 4th place comment she was also hounded by the fact because she left early she didn't participate in the battle against Poochi and could constantly hear people going on about that fact. The novel also goes on to explain that growing up, Aina had extremely high pride that her father was the first knight and care taker to Elrise and would often use that look down on others. When she lost at the tournament, the comments would turn to "Hey, isn't her father the previous first knight? I guess somethings don't get passed to their kids huh (laugh)" which drove her mad. So yeah, her previous demeanor ended up causing her to become isolated which made her easy pickings.

Dex-chan lover
any chapter with .1 is worst than cliffhanger
it's literally half or less chapter and still needs to wait for another half chapter to make a "full" chapter, which also needs more time
GAHHH!!!

Group Leader
any chapter with .1 is worst than cliffhanger
it's literally half or less chapter and still needs to wait for another half chapter to make a "full" chapter, which also needs more time
GAHHH!!!
It's because the split is done abruptly and not with artistic intention. A proper manga chapter has an opening, climax, and ending (or cliffhanger) in a good sequence. Break it in half and you only get a pigsty instead.

Dex-chan lover
I still can't figure out which one of the two scrawny short smiley blonde girls is the main heroine - I think there's a a slight difference in their hairstyles
Same. I really dislike when a manga make two characters who will appear together often to be really similar.

Based on the comments from previous chapters, seems that the manga skip a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Well its obvious who is behind the mocking comments, didn't even try to hide it by introducing the backstory and bird's skills in separate chapters.

It's pretty sad that the manga did a pretty poor job in adapting the novel (not every adaption could be as well done as Tearmoon Empire), so I think everyone should go and read the LN (eng publication now available). I have not read the extra chapters but main story was a good read.

Users who are viewing this thread