Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Vol. 2 Ch. 15.3

So its like split personality?
it could be plurality, or some form of split identity specifically ya, could be time and space junk. could be thats the og Elrise in his body. this could be temporary plurality as they transition from being one version to the other. (the og male body is terminally ill right?)

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming that the soul is getting further distinct and now it separated in two or sth?

Dex-chan lover
I'm assuming that the soul is getting further distinct and now it separated in two or sth?
Spoilers ahead because a lot of people are asking:
To explain what happened, we need to understand how the world works.
It is revealed that there are 2 distinct timelines, A and B. Timeline A is where the Niito we see at the start of the series plays the game. It is also revealed that the game is not a simple game, it was written by someone who lived in that actual world and wrote a novel based on its event so that some form of it will still exist even though that world was destroyed, it was popular enough to be turned into a game. We'll call these worlds Fiori(the world the game takes place in) A and Earth A.

Then we have Timeline B, Niito from timeline A, died. He reincarnated into Fiori B as Elrise. Most of him did, a portion of his soul instead went to Niito of Earth B. Each time Elrise has these dreams of Earth, she is actually taking back more of Niito's A soul from Niito B, who inherited Niito's memories and knowledge of Timeline A's events. It is not outright stated, but implied that Niito B should've died at the same time that Niito A did, but the inclusion of Niito A's soul extended his life. Niito will tell Elrise that each time she comes to visit him, he feels closer to death. Another piece is taken from him and returned to Elrise. Since we're this deep into spoilers, Elrise does eventually reclaim her full soul and gets a massive power boost from finally being complete and Niito dies as a result.

Finally, the reason why Elrise and Niito can't view pass events that haven't happened from Elrise's perspective is because the will of the world is actively filtering them and those they interact with about timeline A. The time on Earth is actually further along than Fiori's so Elrise and how her story plays out was completed by the time Niito got the game. Anyone that didn't have knowledge of Timeline A could play the game entirely through the Elrise route and have no issues with it at all. The only person to have knowledge of both Timelines is the original author, but the Will of the World doesn't filter their memories because it knows the author won't spoil.

Dex-chan lover
The strongest weapon that Elrise will give is the super Leek in response to the player using the leek weapon which is the weakest in the game(its a joke item) in which pretty much guarantees the player will lose in the first round.
This leek?
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Everytime I hear "other me", all I can think about is an Estonian girl with a split personality.
Honkai has brainwashed me.

Dex-chan lover
Things that the manga skipped over: Depending on what weapon the player used for the tournament game Elrise would give a super equivalent. Like if the player used a warhammer, Elrise would've given a super war hammer when the doggo attacks. The forums have a chart on what Elrise will give with the noticeable mentions being if Vernel is barehanded she won't give anything. The strongest weapon that Elrise will give is the super Leek in response to the player using the leek weapon which is the weakest in the game(its a joke item) in which pretty much guarantees the player will lose in the first round.

As for the Elrise and Niito, there are spoilers for past chapters that already mentioned this, or you can read the WN.

For those wondering about the imprisoned Elrise event in the game, Elrise later realizes why she didn't just escape and join the final battle. In that event (which is an alt route), Elrise was probably days, even hours away from dying as her life span had reached its limit. By that point she was bedridden to the point of uselessness. The reason for this is that in the other routes, Elrise, who knows the location of the witch would go to confront her on her own (since Vernel in other routes would not be pursuing Elrise so Elrise would think to nuke the witch then and there to ensure the Happy End) the witch would freak the fuck out and teleport away and Elrise would have no way of tracking her. Time moves forward with Elrise no longer being able to hide her shorten life span leading to her imprisonment and Vernel's group to find and confront the witch on their own.
I'm really confused. You said "Depending on what weapon the player used for the tournament game Elrise would give a super equivalent." Is this about the evil Elrise in the og game? Why would the evil Elrise gives a better item?

And about your spoiler block. by other routes, do you mean the other routes of the og game? Why would the evil Elrise confront the witch? I thought she has a shitty personality

I guess I'm just really confused about the og game. The manga didn't really explain much.

Dex-chan lover
It is revealed that there are 2 distinct timelines, A and B. Timeline A is where the Niito we see at the start of the series plays the game. It is also revealed that the game is not a simple game, it was written by someone who lived in that actual world and wrote a novel based on its event so that some form of it will still exist even though that world was destroyed, it was popular enough to be turned into a game. We'll call these worlds Fiori(the world the game takes place in) A and Earth A.

Then we have Timeline B, Niito from timeline A, died. He reincarnated into Fiori B as Elrise. Most of him did, a portion of his soul instead went to Niito of Earth B. Each time Elrise has these dreams of Earth, she is actually taking back more of Niito's A soul from Niito B, who inherited Niito's memories and knowledge of Timeline A's events. It is not outright stated, but implied that Niito B should've died at the same time that Niito A did, but the inclusion of Niito A's soul extended his life. Niito will tell Elrise that each time she comes to visit him, he feels closer to death. Another piece is taken from him and returned to Elrise. Since we're this deep into spoilers, Elrise does eventually reclaim her full soul and gets a massive power boost from finally being complete and Niito dies as a result.

Finally, the reason why Elrise and Niito can't view pass events that haven't happened from Elrise's perspective is because the will of the world is actively filtering them and those they interact with about timeline A. The time on Earth is actually further along than Fiori's so Elrise and how her story plays out was completed by the time Niito got the game. Anyone that didn't have knowledge of Timeline A could play the game entirely through the Elrise route and have no issues with it at all. The only person to have knowledge of both Timelines is the original author, but the Will of the World doesn't filter their memories because it knows the author won't spoil.
My head hurts...

Dex-chan lover
I'm really confused. You said "Depending on what weapon the player used for the tournament game Elrise would give a super equivalent." Is this about the evil Elrise in the og game? Why would the evil Elrise gives a better item?

And about your spoiler block. by other routes, do you mean the other routes of the og game? Why would the evil Elrise confront the witch? I thought she has a shitty personality

I guess I'm just really confused about the og game. The manga didn't really explain much.
If you go back and read the earlier chs, Niito played the game which had Elrise as an ugly irredeemable garbage of a person. Then he died and reincarnated as Elrise and started making moves to ensure Eterna would get a happy end. Occasionally Elrise would have dreams of earth where she would find that her actions have altered the reality of the game. Instead of the ugly disgusting Elrise, the Elrise of this new game is beautiful, kind and considered the strongest saint to have ever lived. When I said game Elrise would give an equivalent super weapon, I mean the new game Elrise that's considered the greatest saint ever.

To be honest, the manga already skipped a bunch of funny stuff in the WN and the LN already... but then that's what manga always do. Besides that, I have been waiting for someone to drop that bomb for a while now and you, sir. You just did that real good. CHEERS !^^

Contributor
Having two of his/her consciousnesses acting separately from each other is a game-changing reveal. And I'm surprised it came out so casually. If they don't cooperate or even act oppositely from each other, this could spell even bigger trouble. Otherwise this could also be some kind of "parallel wills" situation from other isekai stories.

Users who are viewing this thread