False Child - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - False Child

Dex-chan lover
What a beautiful ending. i wish nothing more than the continued happiness of their family. :glee:

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if this was supposed to be short or not but this ending is very sweet, enough to make a grown man cry 🥹

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for the translation of this heart warming manga. I hope the mangaka might have a change of heart and continue with a sequel later, as this manga has a lot of potential to be a good slice of life series.

Group Leader
The best kazoku, guys, it was a pleasure reading and crying over this very wholesome manga with all of you, shall we cross path on any of the other author's works! <3 Love y'all.

Fed-Kun's army
Putting aside the fact that that’s comparing apples to incredibly horny oranges, is it possible that the author just wanted this to be a short series?

The author has like two other ongoing series they’re working on at the same time. I know that the immediate response when a series has less than five volumes is that it’s an axe, but sometimes it just told the story it wanted to tell.
well said. there's a lot of great manga that only have a volume or two because the author intended for them to last that long rather than being axed, i definitely believe this is one of them. we can't really say that this wasn't axed though; there's always the possibility. if that's the case, the author handled it like a champ.

Group Leader
This was a very satisfying and fulfilling manga, thank you for scanslating it.

Group Leader
No way this masterpiece got axed meanwhile repulsive media like "gUsHiNg OvEr MaGiCaL gIrLs" is allowed to exist. These are the symptoms of a hypocritical society.
This manga was about the length it should have been? I know, there are many, many manga that will inflate to 500+ chapters if they can, but I really kind of hate those. I'd much rather have a 30-60ish chapters manga that tells its story then has a very satisfying ending like this and then the mangaka moves on to the next thing. Of course we don't know what was going on at the publisher, but this sure feels like what the author actually wanted to do.

Kawamura-sensei has enough good stuff going on that I don't think he needs to stretch a series out to infinity. Rather, there should be way more series ending way sooner. I think this was a huge creative success, no tears need to be shed.

So I think your point would be much better made as 'Why is this manga ending in a timely satisfying manner when One Piece still is going on decades after Oda wanted to end it?' Which is pretty much a rhetorical question, we know why, but it's way more pertinent.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
It's sad that this already ends but I'm glad they are being happy.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations!

Glad to have read this manga for sure. Just about every chapter had me sad and happy. Happy to have it finish with me this joyous.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for translating this from start to finish. i'm always a sucker for "found-family" theme, so this was a good read. not to mention how this final chapter brought me to tears, 10/10 series albeit a relatively short one.

Users who are viewing this thread