Family Rivalry Killing Battle - Ch. 50 - Daily Life of the Mariyama Family

Thanks for the translation. As expected, this author never gives a good ending.

Dex-chan lover
As you would expect from the master, Sugawara Keita...
All of his mangas' endings always come with a bad endings.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translations. Seems that this author likes to do open ending where the actual mystery of the whole story remains a mystery. After reading the other story of this author I should have been prepared with this kind of ending but I am still sad the dead remains dead.

Dex-chan lover
The ending felt rushed. The whole manga was fun though. I'm looking forward to your next release. Uramiya sequel next?
I dont't think this is rushed, the other story of the same author also has this type of ending.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so where's Shizuka? Or is the mangaka planning a sequel?

Syf

Aggregator gang
I wouldn't call this a bad ending per se. It's nice that it didn't went the ass pull way where every "good" guy actually lives in the end and as for the fact that the doll is still there, it could mean anything, it could mean that the doll will act as a punisher to like the next generation of other random family that doesn't know how to properly act like one rather than targeting Mariyama family specifically. It could also mean that she will always be spying on them and take whatever opportunity to send them back to the miniature Amedate if their family were to not act like an ideal family. But I would like to believe that this actually ended on a good note as the Mariyama family is free and the fact that the doll exist is just to act as a shock factor in addition to the other point I just said.

Edit : Upon reading back, seems like I have to take back all of the stuff that I've said guess this doll just won't give up huh? Well a second game does happen "off-screen" judging by last few pages but I do believe they can get through it fine from the fact that Kosuke ensures Maimu that they can get through it just fine. This also serves as a fact that the author is ensuring us that the characters would also be fine

Having the second game told in a sequel where the new Mariyama family would eventually end it for good and evil doll is disposed of for good would just be as cliche as the one we get.

All for all, it's about the journey not the destination, I myself is quite disappointed with the ending as well but the whole read has been fun. I look forward on reading more of whatever manga this scanlation team or author work on.

Last edited:

Syf

Aggregator gang
Okay so where's Shizuka? Or is the mangaka planning a sequel?
I wondered that too but safe to say she kinda died, sacrificed herself by forcing herself to submit to the doll and probably become a spirit or some shit lol.

But yeah thinking back, I understand the sentiment of saying the ending felt rush, this epilogue leaves so much to be desired but that is the authors intention, being able to just tell and not show would be boring and not everything needs an explanation as most likely than not it's an asspull or whatever it is called

Dex-chan lover
Unsatisfying ending, but.... I'mma pretend the kid just has a nice imagination, or like Syf said, the Mariyama family will get through anything.

Ultimately, this was a very sad story, but the author is good at dragging you in to the end whether you like it or not. I just feel awful for Shizuka. In a sequel, that may never happen, I'd like to think she reappears in the Mariyama family's darkest hour, saves them, and ends the game once and for all, allowing her to come back and start over.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't call this a bad ending per se. It's nice that it didn't went the ass pull way where every "good" guy actually lives in the end and as for the fact that the doll is still there, it could mean anything, it could mean that the doll will act as a punisher to like the next generation of other random family that doesn't know how to properly act like one rather than targeting Mariyama family specifically. It could also mean that she will always be spying on them and take whatever opportunity to send them back to the miniature Amedate if their family were to not act like an ideal family. But I would like to believe that this actually ended on a good note as the Mariyama family is free and the fact that the doll exist is just to act as a shock factor in addition to the other point I just said.

Edit : Upon reading back, seems like I have to take back all of the stuff that I've said guess this doll just won't give up huh? Well a second game does happen "off-screen" judging by last few pages but I do believe they can get through it fine from the fact that Kosuke ensures Maimu that they can get through it just fine. This also serves as a fact that the author is ensuring us that the characters would also be fine

Having the second game told in a sequel where the new Mariyama family would eventually end it for good and evil doll is disposed of for good would just be as cliche as the one we get.

All for all, it's about the journey not the destination, I myself is quite disappointed with the ending as well but the whole read has been fun. I look forward on reading more of whatever manga this scanlation team or author work on.
I mean, from what i read on the author, he has this nasty habit of shoe horning shocks on he ending solely for their own factor.

I think I've gone through... 3 of his stories so far? And honestly, the ride is always good, and the "shock" parts are so forced, and so last second, that I rather just ignore them off. (I mean, one of them came off more as a "HOLY SHIT" rather than "and everyone was fucked... again" so that one worked)

But I digress. Anyway. I rather just handwave the last two pages off, appreciate the story for what it was, and be glad for the family as they get to live happy days, instead of, you know, they all died in the game because isn't that shocking?

So yeah, just appreciate what he puts out and ignore the last 2 pages or so.

Dex-chan lover
Yet another Keita Sugawara ending lol. I'm getting used to this guy's last-two-pages routine and just look at it as kind of an equivalent to all of those sequelbait post-credits scenes in horror movies.

Dex-chan lover
The Moriyama will continue to endure hardship I see...

I'm likely in the minority, but I kinda like how open-ended and seemingly fucked up this ending is. It's perfectly in line with what I'd expect from Sugawara as well. Putting aside my own personal belief that these characters deserve peace and happiness, I find endings like this interesting. We're ending things on a disturbing yet compelling note.

Thank you for the translation (from start to finish you did a excellent job).

Users who are viewing this thread