Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

😗 What is the comment section doing? Having a debate? Seriously? Just enjoy it no need to fuss over the genre🧐🧐

Ah, this is a little sad after reading the later chapters.
It's clear to see now that the Duke adores his daughter, seemingly in the pre-transmigration novel as well. My guess is he has been cultivating a relationship with the King, despite him being a tyrant, in order to make Max (The Male Lead and Crown Prince) the new Emperor. After the princess fainted, the main character's ex-fiance accused her of poisoning her drink. The Duke had to go against his daughter to maintain face. However, he handed her a sword with the parting words of "Endure it." Most likely meaning to endure the punishment before he would strike revenge on her previous fiance for blaming her, as well as the Emperor for being so shitty. I'm also guessing Max came to support Juvelian in the dungeon, but upon seeing him she became so frightened she committed suicide.
Quite a bit of misunderstanding can really ruin everything I suppose...

Annnnd worst father of the year award goes to: (I think you know what im getting at). I know she misunderstood but you really can't blame her since the father chose to neglect and reject her in really harsh ways, not even bothering to communicate properly or even give her one ray of hope even once throughout their entire relationship. Hope she treats her father like dirt and he learns that even though he's some misunderstood anti-hero, he can't like a dick all the time and expect his daughter to read his mind

Oh my gosh. The way the characters and the prologue is drawn. Wow. I also love the translations!! Even the quality of the releases are high and good!! 100% high quality! Thank you so much for picking this up! <3

Fed-Kun's army
Read part of the novel after the promo came out. This still irritated me. What'd you expect a girl like her to do at the time? Believe in you? Asdfgh.

Also, I loved the promo art but this is beautiful too.

I cried... I knew the novel to some extent but I just can't stop my tears due to emphaty. If only the father was able to talk properly none of that would have happened

Oh no ohmygawed
Did her dad try to save her by giving her a sword to protect herself and tried to get evidence about the poisoning but couldn't tell her becuz of his shitty use of words?😭😭
Fuk this is the first chapter and I'm already ugly crying lmao

My head pronounces her name the same as my name since they’re spelled differently but phonetically they’re similar so it’s kinda freaking me out every time someone says her name tbh lol

Please be prepared for the wall of text

First of all, this is MangaDex, if I wanted to review something I wouldn't be doing it here. There's a difference between an actual critique and a rant, as you said. Comments aren't meant for critiques, so you're wrong for even trying to argue against something which, in the end, is MY opinion.
But that doesn't mean you have to word it that way. Mind you, some people are sensitive, especially during the whole pandemic. Also, as I've mentioned before, this is just the first chapter, if you want to talk about it in general, there's a separate comment section, https://mangadex.org/title/62260/father-i-don-t-want-to-get-married/comments/, I think it's gonna help more potential readers if you write it there instead, although that doesn't change how poor your choice of words are, it's like you're trying to shame the series, and thus is my previous comment. There is certainly no restriction in how to express your opinion, but not like that.

@farhvt I get your point.
(I wrote my prev comment at midnight so I wouldn't be as immersed as I was with your comment but I'll try my best lmao)
I also read the series, but I don't agree with how you put it as if every single villainess story is the same. In both paragraphs 3 and 6, you did mention only Duke's Daughter as an example and repeated many times how series of this genre except for the series are all the same, implying how you see the genre as a rather formulaic and monotonous one that anyone, even a beginner author, would easily succeed in (and how much you're simping for Iris). This is further supported by the following:
For the first point you gave me, if you look at any villainess manga, you will always see confusion and regret...

I'm going to take examples from my favorite in the villainess genre, https://mangadex.org/title/17720/koushaku-reijou-no-tashinami, where rather than starting us off with regret, it becomes acceptance and her trying to make the best of the situation. It also didn't start her off before her doom, but rather during it, which made for an interesting scenario which felt fresh.

So, I, as a rather "kind-hearted person", would like to kindly recommend you a number of series, since as far as I'm concerned, you're actually reading this out of boredom
https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ride-hostage-in-a-former-enemy-country/?pg=11, which features an MC you might enjoy since it seems to match your preference as your comment implied
where rather than starting us off with regret, it becomes acceptance and her trying to make the best of the situation
It also didn't start her off before her doom, but rather during it, which made for an interesting scenario which felt fresh.
https://mangadex.org/title/61466/th...bly-lost-her-magic-so-she-went-into-seclusion
https://mangadex.org/title/61226/the-way-to-protect-the-female-lead-s-older-brother. Now I can't say anything about this as it goes past a "doom", but not the "main doom", if you know what I mean😏
https://mangadex.org/title/38088/may-i-please-ask-you-just-one-last-thing If you feel stressed by some of the above
https://mangadex.org/title/29179/th...y-the-crown-prince-of-the-neighboring-kingdom
https://mangadex.org/title/35064/i-m-a-villainous-daughter-so-i-m-going-to-keep-the-last-boss

While listing these down, I keep on thinking about this one villainess series where the MC gets killed after getting betrayed and while running away from her kingdom but I don't remember the title :/
The art was good though, probably you'd read it. Also.. Sht what was I going to say again? Well, let's skip that first

Why did you add the recs? What purpose did they serve? I've read Beware of the Villainess and I did enjoy it, but it serves no purpose towards your argument. It took itself on as a parody comedy which is not at all representative of this manhwa. Also Death is the Only ending turned it into a game with limited chat options which added enough for intrigue, since she can't take any other options. This manhwa doesn't have any of the thoughtfulness to compare to those titles, which brought their own unique characters and ideas into the mix instead of a copy of all the other villainess stories.
Breh. I want to argue but you'd definitely not finished Death is The Only Ending for The Villainess. I don't want to spoil it to you cuz the mods will edit my comment and stuff, and I'm gonna say it's extremely worthwhile to catch it up. You prob will have 1 more series to add to your "favorite" you know 😏 The reason I add the recs? Because I'm a kindhearted guy who wants people like you to have good days and a chill guy as well <3 I know doing internet debate like this is exhausting so I'm throwing you some recs y' see. Pardon me if my poor choice of words is the cause of this misunderstanding, but in that case, we might have a similarity? Alright, that's enough bad joke let's continue this virtual war

Ah right, I've remembered what I was gonna say. Your 4th paragraph is understandable, ig. I mean I can make an argument out of it but you sound pretty annoyed with your own life so I'm gonna leave it cuz ik how depression feels and although I want people to feel it too cuz it opens the mind, it's prob too early to sin, huh?

For the second point, there was nothing outstanding about this plot that deserves it, especially since every manhwa does it.
Watch out, there's a weak point in your sentence. The affirmative (for) team will go and attack you with that. Not all villainess stories do that. https://mangadex.org/title/42855/like-hell-it-s-okay-to-have-a-heroine-like-you/chapters/ (I don't read that, ofc) got comments mentioning how bad the pacing is. Prob a beginner author, I also had troubles with pacing at first. For more examples, I recommend you take travel through the hell that is this genre: https://mangadex.org/search?s=6&p=1&tag_mode_inc=all&tag_mode_exc=any&tags=85#listing

good character art
Well actually it is quite out of proportion in some panels but let's just remain silent about it yes cuz it doesn't mean anything to the argument
Your sixth paragraph... I think it's answered already? Well, if you dig deep enough, tho. Idk about the next few chapters, but this one chapter has my attention. I'm not saying I'd simp for the MC cuz the storytelling hasn't gotten to DTOEV or HnK lvl and my depression certainly says this isn't enough to die for but hey, this CHAPTER better than ALL the chapters combined in some of the series you'd find in one of the URLs I gave you ahem

One thing about your response which I found hilarious was the fact that you had the balls to diss me for not making a critique but you decided to attack me, saying stuff like "I'm sheltered" and whatnot even though I'm not. That doesn't seem very professional for someone who's complaining that I'm not being professional in a comment section.
Ehh rlly? You can tell that I'm not being professional although you aren't too? And you acknowledge that you're not? Dang, you have grown up so much, I'm really touched... We might have had more in common! Wait, what do you mean with no? Ah, I'm sorry. I misunderstood again, huh? Ah, yes, of course. You always have been more professional than I am, that's so rude of me to compare you to myself 😌 But I don't mention anything that refers to such? 🤔 I mean, yeah, I might sound like I know more than you do, but it doesn't really mean that you're sheltered 😬 Oh, those points I make about you being "surrounded by good people"? Hmm... They certainly do sound like it.
I was trying to hit on every single possibility, though. I mean, if we're chatting, then I wouldn't do so, but this is certainly no place like discord and I don't want to have our conversation being like 10 pages of the comment section so I threw in every single possibility. Some of my family members are from a broken family, but most of my peers are apparently so fortunate so I thought you're one of those too! I mean, if I straight took the bad possibilities and they were wrong, I might have sounded even more unprofessional and we'd end up being in a dogfight worth 10+ pages of the comment section, saying how I offend you or try to jinx you. Don't know, man, I thought it's popular among the Gen Zs.
Yeah, my reasoning might not make any sense to the debate but at least I told you what they are actually. I'm tired of apologizing now so no.

I thought you're going to talk about Slave B but you didn't so it's fair if I don't explicitly answer your last paragraph, right?

P.S. I spent like 3 hours writing this comment so I'd prefer it if you just gladly accept this comment but again I like internet debating so reply anytime, although I might reply late <3

I can tolerate neglet if the father changes, I'm the type of person who would forgive parents for that, physical or verbal abuse is not something I can forgive though.

So far it seems to be just neglect, and I'm hoping the sword was to protect herself and "endure it" until he find the real culprit. I'm guessing be put her there maybe because he thought it's a safer place for her than prison. I'm hoping that's the case. But why can't we have a normal father in these types of stories.

@32oiru Nice and funny read. Also thanks for the recs. I was looking through the comments to check where i want to start this, and ended up getting more stuff to read.

I love all these stories where they accuse someone with nothing to go off and that leads to imprisonment with no real investigation or evidence because the ones meant to be virtuous?? Powerful??? Only see, hear, and believe what they want to

I wanna see justice 😈

Looking back now, i think the prince actually came to save her....ㅠㅠ

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

It went from interesting at the begining to boring in one frame.....

We went from an interesting point of view, from someone that rarely appears in any manhwa/manga/manhua, to someone bland, boring, normal even, which would not be problematic, but you were there you could be original,tragic even (in the greek sense of the word), but no we have to get our common normal person to corelate to, we can not get an interesting tragedy, I would love for the story to start like this and for it to be a retrospective of her live, what made her reach this point, and how people reacted to her death, how the father broke likely broke down blamming himself, how the prince could do nothing when he was so close, and then maybe a time travel where she tries to correct the path, but thats not this story, at least not at this point.

Honestly I think its going to be a good story, but from maybe something new and refreshing we got something bland.

i hope we get to see the fucker's face after she killed herself, normally you dont get those kind of loose threads solved after a while.

@aeterio read actually i was the real one, your majesty please dont kill me again, lady baby or stepmother's marchen the last one actually deals with what happened after her death.

I read an
spoiler after reading this that his father went berserk and kill all in empire? idk and it said that he also killed the emperor because her daughter committed suicide for false accusation...well this spoiler is from novel
and hope to see this scene soon.

Users who are viewing this thread