Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 15

this is such a cute webtoon so far!!! love the ml, though i'm disappointed that he started falling for her really quickly really soon HDJFSLDKFJ. also, the father is super sweet n misunderstood :< i hope things get cleared up between the father and our pretty fl soon <3

Thank you for the mass update!!

I- hmmm, the story doesn't sit quite well with me. The Duke supposedly adores his daughter that he's willing to be the king's dog for her, but he also neglected her to the point she got obsessed with Mikhail's attention and eventually killed herself. Like, I get it, he has 0 social skills and is often busy, but did he not look thoroughly at his daughter's circumstances??? He had knights to report to him regarding Juvel's actions, and not once did he found it odd that her reputation is at rock bottom?

Forget about the romance, im living for this father-daughter akward relationship💗 they both care so much for each other yet they dont know that

Thanks for the update🤗

Thank you for translating!!

Also I wonder what that ring is supposed to be. Probably has something to do with Juve that forces dad to work under emperor. 🤔

@empressnyannyanau the reason I specifically think why he dint show his affections directly maybe because he just dint know how to express it and maybe he just dint want to do anything about her reputation coz he wanted her to do whatever she wanted and wanted to spoil her more in her own ways..!!! And I think he gave the weapon to her in the 1st timeline because he wanted her to protect herself if the king tried to kill her or something before he sent the ml (forgot the name) and she misinterpreted it as him asking her to kill herself and practically stabbed herself..!!! •°^°•

I don’t understand how he’s so different in this timeline? If the guards and maids where reporting here in this one surely they would’ve mentioned her asking for her father on multiple occasion in the first timeline? She always asked if he was going to accompany her to different events and he was always busy

Dex-chan lover
@Aurantix -
Daddy here being a whole ass Disney princess 😂
- word-for-word, exactly what I was thinking.

In any case, there's a huge disconnect here. This is the first time when he's been gone for an extended period that his daughter said she missed him? The hell? Did that not happen when she was a kid (and the real Juvel was still alive and hoping to catch her father's attention)? Either sorcerous shenanigans are afoot or Juvel's memory is absolute trash. Daddy is still an oblivious idiot, tho, and he's likely to get her killed again at this rate. I'm assuming he's playing nice with the king for Max's sake, but he's still neglecting the whole explaining-things-to-his-daughter thing.

Double-page supporter
@sylvacoer in a sense she is the real Juvel. The author mixed a few tropes, but essentially four days before she broke up with Mikhail she remembered her past life where she read a novel that matched her current life up until the moment of her death. It's not clear if the events of the first life actually happened and she is reliving them, or if she only knows the future from the novel, but rather than a reincarnator taking over her, she is the same person that awakened memories.

@eswari99 I mean, I get it. He probably doesn't know how to communicate properly, but all these years and he never once questioned her actions? Like, she has a terrible reputation. He has people that report to him regarding Juvel's affairs, and I doubt they would not tell him about the harassment she's done to her peers. It sounds neglect to me, so I have no idea why he is being portrayed as a loving father here.

Nonetheless, I will still wait for the rest of the chapters because I just got more questions than answers.

Dex-chan lover
@Kynnath - Really? That wasn't clear from the earlier chapters, but I'm happy to take it, it would be hollow if this weren't his real daughter.

Double-page supporter
@sylvacoer It's not too clear, but near the beggining of chapter 2:
3-e49be6c4e2f4531e411a776e57a2a2b0378f8716f1a06d5a7406ff5c7c2a7f90.jpg
She appears to be eating, basically living her life normally, when she "remembers" her past life. So my interpretation is that it goes something like: she lived a life in the modern world where she was reading this novel. She died at around the time that Juvel's death was published. She was reborn as Juvel. She lived her life according to the novel until the start of the story, and then she remembers her past life. So she hasn't actually died, or stopped being Juvel. Her life as Juvel has only gone as far as the current events, and her knowledge of the future is based on a fictional story, not something she experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread