Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

Honestly speaking? I hate the father. And yes, I'm saying this after knowing about his reasons for acting like the way he did. I have read the spoilers and it explains his actions, but it doesn't excuse him.

In the og novel, he loved his daughter, but never told her. What? He has to hide his weakness from the big bad emperor? Well, how do you explain the fact that practically everybody except the mc knows that he loves her! Who is he kidding?

I can see people excusing the father like "he's been sacrificing everything for her, juvel is such an idiot for not being able to see it!" Hello? He's been neglecting and hurting her "unknowingly" or "for her own good" her whole life! Is she supposed to trust a guy who never showed her any love, only scolded or neglected her,
threw her inside the shadow room after giving her a blade and telling her to "endure it"! Then the crown prince who is known for being blood thirsty and who all but says "i want to torture her" enters into her room. I would've done the same thing she did.

Also, about these misunderstandings? Mc is completely right in what she's thinking. The father never gave her a reason to think otherwise.

Isn't it hypocritical of him to threaten her suiter after he lets Mikhail play with her feelings? He knew what Mikhail was doing, he knew that juvel was beibg hurt, he still did nothing. So shouldn't he keep the same attitude for this situation too? It's like "I can see that my daughter (whom I never showed my love) is running after a man who doesn't treasure her (like a certain father who treats her like a weakness) but as long as she's happy I'll let her be." And then he turns around and goes "oh my daughter has to choose a partner for a party he's obviously not going to be good enough so I'll threaten him". Where did his overprotective mentality go when she was running after Mikhail? Does he even have the right?

I really want to see the father grovel at her feet after realising what he did cuz she didn't deserve all that mental torture she had to endure all her life. I really hope the author doesn't just wave off all her hurtful experiences by saying 'its all in her mind'.

This whole "she's my weakness" thing really hurts my brain because she never asked for anything like that! She died without knowing anything and it certainly wasn't her fault. Maybe she didn't want to be a weakness? Maybe she wanted to support her father? Maybe if the father had told his circumstances to his "beloved" daughter instead of treating her like a brainless burden, things wouldn't have been so miserable for everybody.

Dad is overprotective! It's so funny! 🤣🤣 Gah! Thank you Else's Cult for the fast translation. I read up to Chapter 15 last night, but there are additional 4 chapters today. Wow! 👏🏼👏🏼

IM IN TEARS FLSJLSNSLSJ WHAT IS THIS OVER PROTECTIVE FATHER DOING EMSNLWNSK HE'S REALLY FUNNY.

But he really is a very affectionate father... Although, I still wonder why he acted in that previous memory when Juvel went looking for her father & found him in the library but replied to her "Don't come looking for me for that reason."... Girl I found that traumatizing af as well!! 😭

Yeah people are complaining about the storyline. But is it just me who finds the art really annoying? In the earlier chapters she was not THIS short. Like omg tf? And why is her face getting smaller but wider? Do you want to make her seem like she has a baby face? Bruh her face looks like an alien baby's, can't relate.
They drew her so maturely and REASONABLY before. But now it just feels.... Broken? And are they promoting the kardashian's Lip Fillers? Cuz her lips are bout to POP. I know that by the end of this Manhwa her face is gonna be distorted omgggg

Dex-chan lover
Someone please teach him how to treat his daughter... I know it's too late, but his image grow worse each day...

I know this is a silly misunderstanding, but I really hope he understands why she thinks he hates her, and apologizes for everything thus far. I hope we get a heartfelt father daughter moment, otherwise I will absolutely riot

haha papa polar bear in his most protective mode :D aaah, can't wait to see the party. that part of the novel was sooo satisfying!! :3

also, whyy~ whenever i see the prince's last name 'ashet' do i always read it as 'asshat' 😂 not to say it doesn't fit his personality (or his father's the emperor for that matter)

OH MY GOD HE JUST CRACKS ME UP I LOVE HIM 😭😭😭 i love all of the characters lol thank you so much for translating 💕

dad behind the scenes... now if only they had a proper conversation about their feelings :) it hurts to see her misunderstand his suddenly kind gestures :(

@Phylyra What exactly is the spoiler reason the Father keeps obeying the king? Because I really cannot imagine any reason that explains his past and current behaviour. In both timelines he clearly knew that he was severely abusing his daughter. So what changed the 2nd time around?

Waiting for the father-daughter moment where they're finally on the same page 🥺🥺

Dex-chan lover
@MurphySlaw
What exactly is the spoiler reason the Father keeps obeying the king? Because I really cannot imagine any reason that explains his past and current behaviour.
Some times ago, there is a war. A the moment, the emperor flee the catle for his life, instead a soldat stay to defend him.
The soldat was the duke and his behavior make the empire won the war.
Since then, the public opinion is in favor of the duke, more than the emperor. The emperor see the duke as an eyesore and want to make him suffer. The duke know that and cannot let the emperor know his weakness. So he is cold to his daughter to protect her from the emperor.

The change between the first timeline and now is Juveline cry after her break up with Mickail.

Users who are viewing this thread