Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 19

I binge read this. I'm a shotacon and I used to think I was immune to daddies but I guess I wrong.

Aggregator gang
@Mivas: i know it's not entirely the MC's fault, she also has part of it but people are blaming the father for everything despite all the misunderstandings that have been shown. I guess it would be also a misunderstanding from her side that her father has never showed her his love for her, in the crown prince's flashback, the duke always talked about his daughter, he only has had a soft side when it was related to her, etc... And we can see in all the released chapters that he really cared for her and showed it quite often in his own way, if he is like this now then there's no way he wouldn't be the same in the past, even the servants knew yet she misunderstood every of his moves and felt unloved and lonely all by herself, she has not even trying to confirm anything: whether her dad really hated her or not, whether Mikhail loved her or not, whether the sword given to her was for suicidal, whether the crown prince came to torture her or not. It's just simple questions: "Father, do you hate me?", "Mikhail, i love you, do you love me?", "Father, is this to kill myself?", "You came to kill me?"
This chick is quite passive in what she should do, and too aggressive in what she shouldn't do.

Fed-Kun's army
I just binge read this and the misunderstanding is insane.

From what I gathered from the previous timeline, his dad was probably trying to protect her by giving her his sword, so she could defend herself. The Crown prince was probably there to save her as well but she misunderstood and killed herself.

I'm not gonna lie this is kinda pissing me off, she knows what kind of fate could await her and instead of making herself stronger she's trying to hide behind unreliable figures, not to mention the almost purposeful misleading words of everyone and she shouldn't be the one reaching out to her father, emotional abuse is not on the victim to get over and i think too many manga normalize that bullshit.

@Chiiyuu I've never said people can't criticize him, he's certainly fucked up a lot in his life, just that he deserves more understanding than what's going on in the comments here. Specifically, I'm referring to the people talking about spoilers here since they seem to not have been completely spoiled and they're clearly missing important context when talking about the spoilers. I totally understand (and agree) with the general reactions of people who haven't been spoiled, but it's misleading to say/share spoilers when they're wrong or incomplete. Specifically
people talking about why the dad is cold to the daughter keep saying that it's just to protect her from the king. That's true, but it's missing key context when you just say that in a void. It makes it sound like an ordinary "break her heart to save her" situation which isn't correct. The king has mind controlled Dad into almost killing MC in the past. It has literally happened before and it resulted in the death of Mom and MC being so traumatized that they ended up sealing her memories of the incident.

Fed-Kun's army
Not yall forgiving the dad just because he looks like a fuckin Giorgio Armani model. Some of yall have like a complete lack of ability to empathize just because you wanna woobify some grown man to fit yall standard of ~hot but misunderstood dilf~ like... don't get me wrong, I get it, he's hot. But don't act like him ignoring and pushing away his child gets justified just because he smiles secretly. Juvelian doesn't know that, so of course she thinks her father hates her. Every time she went to approach her father, all he's ever done is given her the cold shoulder, so of course she as a child will think that her own father hates her.
Willing to bet, some of yall on here can't even manage to talk to a cashier who gives anything less than a Disneyland smile because you're too intimidated, and would therefore be treated rudely at the very least. Like what's not clicking???

@thaynii ohmygood this is so heartbreaking 😢I can't imagine how he felt after knowing that his daughter killed herself

she starts pissing me off with her hasty conclusion that makes no sense, always wanting to be the "victim"
Thanks for chapter <3

her father gives her signs of affection but she prefers to see the bad side of his words (since when "don't be sick" means "don't be sick because you have to marry the prince"..)

I hope the misunderstandings ease down a bit. I feel if they drag this it'll get too much

Thank you for the chapters

Oh my God I have daddy issues. God please forgive me, because I would commit a sin with this man. And the knight candidate too, sir Bron was it? Awesome little cameo

Poor dude. LOL. I do hope they won't drag on the misunderstanding between the father and daughter pair. Like with other stories that do this, you can't really make this the dominant plot. I assume this will be taken care of soon tho since the main driving plot should be whatever's going on between the king and crown prince.

@AaTHY_ Juts look the flashback we saw in an earlier chapter... When she was young she did try to get closer the her father but he pushed her away pretty harshly and ever since he has never been present for her. Maybe he has reasons or whatever but that doesn't change the fact that she has no way know these reasons and no reasons to think he has ever had any affection for her. So she has no reason to think he is doing what he does for her.

It was when she was young. That’s true, she has no reason to think her father is worried about her, but he only told her to not get sick. And yet, she deduced something else from it when it was just a simple sentence like the other misunderstandings (they often start from a simple sentence from her father which she transforms and deduce something else from it). She already gets it into her head that she is the victim and his father the villain.. kinda sad (i don’t speak english i don’t know if i was clear)

Its always the brooding ones that intrigue me. I was hoping she was gonna choose #3 the marques son

Users who are viewing this thread