Fechippuru - Bokura no Innocent Love - Vol. 3 Ch. 31 - A Fly in the Ointment

@Maiorem You know... I look directly from the raws... and yes I use a dictionary. My knowledge of kanji is so-so. I know how to read quite a lot of them, but there are many that I still don't know lol.
Despite that I use a dictionary, mostly a Japanese-English dictionary to look up ones I don't know.

As for dynamic or formal equivalence, it depends on the situation really. For the most part, I go to dynamic equivalence... But honestly I suck at idioms. Like I don't know a whole lot about Japanese proverbs and when those come up!

Oh and also, I had a PR go through with it, though since I'm not exactly confident in my abilities, (despite kinda being half-Japanese and living quite a bit of my life in Japan), I kinda assume the PR is right most of the time... which isn't true always, (I realize)

Yeah, I really took up Translating to get better with Japanese in general... and translating, but it forces me to look at the sentences and sorta word them differently.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated! But most likely we won't be translating this series for much longer... (looking at the other groups trying to translate this series.)

BUUUUUT I'll make sure to message you for any chapters that I do, do...!

As for the "Baka" "Hentai" thing, I honestly did not see it XDDDD I would've said pervert otherwise XD

Group Leader
@Poke_Eterey PRs can only help you fix grammatical errors, of which there were none. When the PR does not know the source language, they cannot help you check if your translations are correct.
If you notice a Japanese phrase that you're not familiar with, especially one using a few kanji together, they are very likely to be idioms, and you can Google them to see what they actually mean.
The main issue is that Japanese grammar is very different from English. It's a bit more complex, but once you get the hang of it you'll be able to easily tell what's going on most of the time.
I don't mind helping you in other series.

Dex-chan lover
I bet he keeps small strands of hair somewhere and jerks off while sniffing them in secret.

Users who are viewing this thread