Fiancée Be Chosen by the Ring - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Ice Knight

It's nice to see the bitch be a male for once. Also, the MC is unexpectedly strong willed. I thought of her as a much meeker character.

So...she ran out there when she couldn’t be of any help just to be like, “I cannot accept this,” and put herself in harms way?

Not impressed.

Dex-chan lover
@blueoddog
Medieval warriors have long hair to act as additional layer of protection from being beheaded from behind. A braid made of hair is actually very good protection against bladed weapons, except for the heavier ones such as an axe or baldiche. Even if it's not braided, just loose strands of hair on the neck protects against sword strikes. There was even a mention that the muslim warriors were encouraged by their prophet to keep long hair as it helped protect their necks.

Medieval warriors also bundle up their long hair in their helmets to help cushion against the impact of blunt weapons such as maces or hammers. Without any cushioning, helms are deathtraps. Later medieval period had knights wear leather skullcap, under a chain coif, under a helm, but this is heavy and expensive. Prior to that, warriors would just use their own hair under the leather skullcap and iron cap and it worked fairly well with lighter burden on their heads and necks.

Fed-Kun's army
wait so what did she do when she stepped in?
glad this updated after 3 months.
@marsbars
i thought i didnt read it properly or missed a panel but she legit just ran out there saying i cant accept this and did nothing

Dex-chan lover
@eminyan it looks like she wasn't able to do anything before a sword was flung in her direction. Maybe she'll get another chance in future?

Playing dirty huh

Also wtf was she gonna do huh? Does she think she's that important

@Aichan thanks for the history lesson! I thought long hair on men was a status symbol thing but it seems it was also for practical reasons too!

Double-page supporter
So, he brought an actual sword to the fight when the other one has a training sword? If he gets to keep his head after this, I'm going to call the nation corrupt and evil and deserving a massive purge.

Users who are viewing this thread