Fight Class 3 - Ch. 84 - Round 84: Contempt for the Weak

What endgame? He tries to find his sister or dies trying. Nothing else matters.
help? recovery? haha
remember, "A shameful death is the only way for us to repent"

She wanted him ruthless and deadly but did she want him this unnecessarily unstable? He's wasting his time and energy chasing some random lady in order to get her to stab him in the face. That doesn't sound like something Maria would approve of.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah shit, he's fucking bad
Also they buried the gay so fast... wasnt even time to be impressed by that heroic entrance

Dex-chan lover
@gptemp8916
The worst part is people really thought this series was gonna be on some Fairy Tail shit. All cuz the word Class implied a high school setting. The first chapter is a teenager waking up from a nightmare based on the night when his mom's funeral went down and his sister was kidnapped by a "father" who labeled him useless. Right before psychically/mentally scaring him.

Which means this kid grew up with no mother figure, no father figure, or even an older sibling to look up to. He was forced to accept as well as live with the fact a monster tore apart his life and got away with it. Now he has to wrestle with the fact he can't change this unless he adopts similar traits and skills as the person who caused all his suffering in the first place.

To make matters worse his mentor figure isn't even Wise like 90% of other Martial Arts Mentor characters. She's just as young and damaged as him if not MORE SO if you take into consideration how vengeful she is. This story is basically what happens when someone asks the question "Hey, what happens when a person is deprived of a mentally healthy upbringing and lured into a violent setting?"

Group Leader
@0takuDragonSlayer Wow. This is probably my favorite take on Jitae's mental/emotional downfall.

The latest chapters have generated discussion and debate to increase, which it's always a good thing IMO, so I'll share my personal thoughts on the matter:

I appreciate the series showcasing how cycles of violence are a terrible thing, instead of glorifying them. If you feel uneasy about Jitae's behavior, good. You should. What he's going through isn't something to be celebrated.

This isn't your edgy Isekai where the MC becomes overpowered and takes revenge on all the people who did him wrong as some sort of reward because Jitae isn't "winning". On the contrary, the more he indulges in violence the more he loses himself.

The series basically frames his journey as a tragedy while depicting how victims of violence and abuse can become perpetrators themselves. In that regard, Jitae is a victim of both his father and to a lesser degree, Maria (who's also a victim of his father). He just wanted to find his sister, but now he's also become a part of the cycle he hates so much.

200.gif

Double-page supporter
I bet he's gonna have to fight his sister too, knowing his father he probably trained her to be a DEMON in the fight world.

Users who are viewing this thread