Filter-Goshi no Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Side No One Knows

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being an attention seeker living on the reactions of other people to your stuff on the internet, LMAO

Push the like button if you found this post interesting in any way, broskis, gotta get the reaction score high!

Dex-chan lover
Finally one normal sane person, not degrading the girl for seeking validation and courage by posting sexy photos online. We live in XXI century and our lives revolve around online activities.
She should be totally free to do what she wants, even if she obsesses over her online persona. Other comments under this chapter are so messed up.
It's one thing to take pictures of your own body and keep on your phone because you like how you look. But taking explicit lewd pics and posting them online is using your own body as an intermediary to get attention, and that's nothing but vanity.

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone acting like posting lewd pics is so problematic?
Because underage girls posting lewd pics and getting kicks from the likes they get IS a mounting mental health and safety concern that is rising in a lot of countries. And how she reacts and is glued to her phone is typical of people who are addicted to the "kicks" that is not unlike drug addiction. People are valid to express concern when the chapter is about her getting a bigger kick from being in a more extreme situation.

Dex-chan lover
Because underage girls posting lewd pics and getting kicks from the likes they get IS a mounting mental health and safety concern that is rising in a lot of countries. And how she reacts and is glued to her phone is typical of people who are addicted to the "kicks" that is not unlike drug addiction. People are valid to express concern when the chapter is about her getting a bigger kick from being in a more extreme situation.

If its a "mounting mental health" issue, do we just not address it in any form and try to forget it exists...or do we try to explore and understand the issue in a medium that is both immediately available and relatable to readers who may face this very real issue irl.

Of course, I have no idea if this manga will be responsible and respectful in its exploration of this, but for now I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt at least.

Dex-chan lover
If its a "mounting mental health" issue, do we just not address it in any form and try to forget it exists...or do we try to explore and understand the issue in a medium that is both immediately available and relatable to readers who may face this very real issue irl.

Of course, I have no idea if this manga will be responsible and respectful in its exploration of this, but for now I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt at least.
And I'm not saying that the manga is bad, we're litterally at chapter 2, but what I'm saying is that you can't fault people for finding her behavior problematic, because it is.

Users who are viewing this thread