Filter-Goshi no Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Side No One Knows

Dex-chan lover
I just knew someone would post this
I'm an old guy and refrence old pop culture all the time. But I'm wondering if refrencing HIMYM is old guy territory yet or is it still something the young whipper snappers will get.

Group Leader
I have a feeling she'll want him to get involved more often for thrill of taking pics.

Because underage girls posting lewd pics and getting kicks from the likes they get IS a mounting mental health and safety concern that is rising in a lot of countries. And how she reacts and is glued to her phone is typical of people who are addicted to the "kicks" that is not unlike drug addiction. People are valid to express concern when the chapter is about her getting a bigger kick from being in a more extreme situation.
I agree with the underage part so let's get that out of the way. What's the problem with "getting kicks" from positive reactions to her posts? I do think it could make her life quite a bit miserable down the line but that's not to say she's doing anything "wrong" and straight up harmful. (expect the underage part). All people I see give their dime on this (probably all men) type of kind of activity start prattling about lack of self respect, need for self-validation blah blah. I can't agree with that

Imagine she starts asking him to take picture for her.

And then they moved to nude.
And then to explicit pussy showing.
And then he got cucked cause she asked him to film her banging two twitter chads like those NTR doujin AHAHAHAHAHA
I know the author has some H-manga/doujinshis out there, but my guess is Oomi Suzu will limit him/herself to the couple with their friends reacting the "out of nowhere" approach of those twos

Dex-chan lover
An insight into the mind of those japanese twitter goddess that don't show their face but kept posting lewd pics / vids.

Finally one normal sane person, not degrading the girl for seeking validation and courage by posting sexy photos online. We live in XXI century and our lives revolve around online activities.
She should be totally free to do what she wants, even if she obsesses over her online persona. Other comments under this chapter are so messed up.
I don't think he was framing it as a good thing.

Group Leader
Sure as hell hope so. She's wearing her school uniform in that picture. Posting it to her feed would be basically doxing the school and grade she goes to 🤔
Manga logic, I would just forget about anything like that coming up unless the author makes it a point.

Mm, I don't care much for the subject (attention-seeking Instagram whores), but I do enjoy the style, showing his perspective first, then her's. I wonder if the author will stick to this format, alternating every chapter.

Dex-chan lover
And I'm not saying that the manga is bad, we're litterally at chapter 2, but what I'm saying is that you can't fault people for finding her behavior problematic, because it is.
Except it's really not.

This is simple human nature. People of all ages have done things to get external validation from their peers and/or anyone in general for the length of human history. It's not a mounting mental health issue, and if anything I'd say that it's even safer to anonymously post things online in the relative safety of your own home (as long as you're careful to not get doxed) than it ever was to go out on the town and strut your stuff like people did before the internet and mass media television.

Age or gender is irrelevant in this, it's just how people are.

Dex-chan lover
I'm an old guy and refrence old pop culture all the time. But I'm wondering if refrencing HIMYM is old guy territory yet or is it still something the young whipper snappers will get.
its an okay thing to reference, I don't think young weebs read manga and participate in forums like we do, so most of the people who read this might know that siscom by hear even if they haven't watched it

Group Leader
what parasocial relationship does to a mf
trust me, being aware that you have fans/admirer is one hell of a drug

Dex-chan lover
Except it's really not.

This is simple human nature. People of all ages have done things to get external validation from their peers and/or anyone in general for the length of human history. It's not a mounting mental health issue, and if anything I'd say that it's even safer to anonymously post things online in the relative safety of your own home (as long as you're careful to not get doxed) than it ever was to go out on the town and strut your stuff like people did before the internet and mass media television.

Age or gender is irrelevant in this, it's just how people are.
Nah, I find it pretty problematic.

You're seeking validation from people that don't even know you and all that for a little momentary surge of dopamine, and I'm not even gonna go further on how you also create a false image of yourself where in that little world filled with compliments, only you matter, just so they can stroke your ego as a way out of your real problems.

It's the same as most addictions, you're not getting your shit together (Or don't even know your own feelings, like most teenagers) and instead search for a empty way to feel good that actually won't ever make you improve as a person and move on from the root cause. And just because it's a normal thing that humans do, it doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy or good for you.

Aggregator gang
Nah, remember he's a tier 3 sub Or the equivalent on twitter lol. he just got updated from her timeline lol.

But I guess we're gonna keep seeing both points of view, interesting. A dude who hid his emotions vs. a gal who wants to needs everyone to react to her, but at a distance. Who will give in first?
At this point in time, the gal has more to dive into in terms of developing her character compared to the ML.
That isn't to say he is a bad character by any means (Not that there really is much character to begin with), I just wish he wasn't another run-of-the-mill self-insert with no personality. At least there's a sort of explanation here, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. Hopefully his personality will get built up more in the future. Although I kinda doubt that it will.

Moving on, I'm hoping for this to have an actually well crafted story that doesn't rush itself or not take itself seriously. However, I'm about 99% expecting another incel bait that only has the art going for it. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nah, I find it pretty problematic.

You're seeking validation from people that don't even know you and all that for a little momentary surge of dopamine, and I'm not even gonna go further on how you also create a false image of yourself where in that little world filled with compliments, only you matter, just so they can stroke your ego as a way out of your real problems.

It's the same as most addictions, you're not getting your shit together (Or don't even know your own feelings, like most teenagers) and instead search for a empty way to feel good that actually won't ever make you improve as a person and move on from the root cause. And just because it's a normal thing that humans do, it doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy or good for you.
You can find it however you want, doesn't change that this is basic human nature on display and nothing wrong with indulging in safe validation from others. You can call it an 'addiction' when/if it actually starts affecting her life in a negative fashion.

You can find it however you want, doesn't change that this is basic human nature on display and nothing wrong with indulging in safe validation from others. You can call it an 'addiction' when/if it actually starts affecting her life in a negative fashion.
It already affects her in a negative fashion since no decent man will want to marry a whore. She's ruining her future without even realizing it.

Users who are viewing this thread