Filter-Goshi no Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Photographic Evidence

Dex-chan lover
Basically like a certain guy in a certain manga with a school full of girls who are aiming for his dick, yet his passion is fashion.
Was that a witches of Adamas reference? Guys are we all 15 readers of that manga here too?!

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so the secretly exhibitionist with many followers is framing for blackmail the only one in school who knows about it.
How is that supposed to work exactly? Because she has FAR more to lose if he decides to spill the beans for whatever reason, like being blackmailed...

ehh let's be real, she didn't take that for blackmail. It's just a convinent excuse. We should all know what kinda manga this is gonna be, and half the time these blackmail subplots aren't even relevant outside of being a way to push one of the characters into something they wanted to do anyway.

Dex-chan lover
why would you blackmail him? he didnt do nothing wrong just lived his life
Okay, so the secretly exhibitionist with many followers is framing for blackmail the only one in school who knows about it.
How is that supposed to work exactly? Because she has FAR more to lose if he decides to spill the beans for whatever reason, like being blackmailed...
Not saying it's the right way to go about it but the idea is more for evening out the power balance in the relationship. Initially, he's the only one who had something on her so he was in a position where he could blackmail her if he wanted. Now it's mutual.

Rather, calling it blackmail with either is a bit of a disservice. Relationships are kinda like this. Especially as you explore eachother's kinks and eccentricities, you end with a lot of 'dirt' on eachother. You just trust they won't tell anyone...mostly because you got some embarrassing shit on them too.

Actually, ya'll probably do this shit with your friends too. When you start talking about your fetishes with eachother or when you saw them do some really dumb shit. A big part of relationships is the secrets and sus moments kept between the two.

Dex-chan lover
I would like to nominate a new emote added:
image.png

Thank you for listening to my EFA Talk.
Hahabaha this manga is emote treasure chests indeed

Dex-chan lover
Not saying it's the right way to go about it but the idea is more for evening out the power balance in the relationship. Initially, he's the only one who had something on her so he was in a position where he could blackmail her if he wanted. Now it's mutual.

No, it's not. He has said he worn't tell a soul but she took the photo (which he was framed for) AND told him that were she to spread it (which include lying, or at least untruthful testimony), he'll be ruined. If she needed proof of that, she would have known he would hace ruined her anytime he wanted, and every time they do anything is more material for hi to bury her deeper. It wasn't about equality, it was about getting the upper position because she knew he would chicken out.

Rather, calling it blackmail with either is a bit of a disservice.
She told him specifically "If I were to spread this photo it'd ruin you". Yes, that's considered legally and morally blackmail, or at the very least, threats.
Relationships are kinda like this. Especially as you explore eachother's kinks and eccentricities, you end with a lot of 'dirt' on eachother. You just trust they won't tell anyone...mostly because you got some embarrassing shit on them too.

That's depends of the person. When I tell something like that, it's because I trust them with the info, I don't care if it's known. If they tell, I don't care.

Actually, ya'll probably do this shit with your friends too. When you start talking about your fetishes with eachother or when you saw them do some really dumb shit. A big part of relationships is the secrets and sus moments kept between the two.
No, that's actually a confidence issue. If any friend pulled shit like she did, breaking the friendship would be THE LEAST of their problems. Sharing secrets it's fine, blackmail it's not.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh please, she just wanted a picture of a boy she finds interesting. Was too embarrassed about it and hides it behind "blackmail"

Dex-chan lover
No, it's not. He has said he worn't tell a soul but she took the photo (which he was framed for) AND told him that were she to spread it (which include lying, or at least untruthful testimony), he'll be ruined. If she needed proof of that, she would have known he would hace ruined her anytime he wanted, and every time they do anything is more material for hi to bury her deeper. It wasn't about equality, it was about getting the upper position because she knew he would chicken out.
Doesn't matter if he said he wouldn't. The issue was that he knew something she's hiding. A day going by without them even speaking to each other isn't really proof either. It's a matter of what they can do/leak about each other. It's like trusting the guy with the only nuke to never launch it. Deterrence isn't necessarily the best route but it's worked so far, I guess.

She told him specifically "If I were to spread this photo it'd ruin you". Yes, that's considered legally and morally blackmail, or at the very least, threats.
And what exactly is it she's trying to get him to do? Not tell her secret or threaten her. As long as that's all it is, none of it matters.

That's depends of the person. When I tell something like that, it's because I trust them with the info, I don't care if it's known. If they tell, I don't care.

No, that's actually a confidence issue. If any friend pulled shit like she did, breaking the friendship would be THE LEAST of their problems. Sharing secrets it's fine, blackmail it's not.
That may be how you feel but that doesn't change the circumstance. You might feel happy about your boss asking you out, doesn't change the issue with the power dynamic. Even if your friends don't say, 'don't tell or I'll tell yours', it's an implicit thing and most would get mad and retaliate if you leaked anything.

Again, the setup isn't quite right but fundamentally it isn't as bad as you'd think.

Dex-chan lover
Deterrence isn't necessarily the best route but it's worked so far, I guess.
It only worked by destroying any chance of true trust. As things start now, her position is way weaker because he would have every reason to retaliate and she would end way worse than he would. By pulling that shit off, their relationship would be very difficult to change from "strangers who have shit of each other". It may not be worthwhile to change it? I digress. When somebody has dirt on you the last thing you want to do is to piss them off and give reasons to use that dirt. It would be better to come clean and slowly build trust. It takes time, but you also have the excuse to keep an eye on them meanwhile.
And what exactly is it she's trying to get him to do? Not tell her secret or threaten her. As long as that's all it is, none of it matters.
The thing is that right now he has every reason to do so, if only to break himself free from the blackmail or to retaliate. But we know he doesn't have the balls to do so. I think that as well as to keep his mouth shut, she wants his help to make content, but she has asked in one of the worst ways possible.
Even if your friends don't say, 'don't tell or I'll tell yours', it's an implicit thing and most would get mad and retaliate if you leaked anything.
That would actually happens when you actually don't trust your friends. When you trust them, everyone is free sharing their secrets because they know you're trustworthy enough to not to tell, not because you hace dirt on then in exchange. I personally know because the amount of secrets I've gathered of all my friendships could fill a book while I hardly told mine.
Again, the setup isn't quite right but fundamentally it isn't as bad as you'd think.
No it's not. I agree on that. But honestly, I think this chiché only works because the blackmailed person doesn't usually have the spine to retaliate; even if, like on this case, they have the upper hand on it.

Dex-chan lover
It only worked by destroying any chance of true trust. As things start now, her position is way weaker because he would have every reason to retaliate and she would end way worse than he would. By pulling that shit off, their relationship would be very difficult to change from "strangers who have shit of each other". It may not be worthwhile to change it? I digress. When somebody has dirt on you the last thing you want to do is to piss them off and give reasons to use that dirt. It would be better to come clean and slowly build trust. It takes time, but you also have the excuse to keep an eye on them meanwhile.
Can't really argue with that. A better relationship wouldn't have started with any of this. I don't necessarily think her position is weaker. That's assuming that everyone would take his word that the pick is just her blackmailing him. The whole point is that it wouldn't be interpreted like that. So, it would be what she's doing with her instagram thing vs him being seen as a pervert...which is kinda fucked but also probably won't actually go anywhere.

The thing is that right now he has every reason to do so, if only to break himself free from the blackmail or to retaliate. But we know he doesn't have the balls to do so. I think that as well as to keep his mouth shut, she wants his help to make content, but she has asked in one of the worst ways possible.
Not to retaliate, she hasn't actually done anything yet. That's why it's at the level of threats and deterrence. It only works if neither of them have the balls to do something first.

That would actually happens when you actually don't trust your friends. When you trust them, everyone is free sharing their secrets because they know you're trustworthy enough to not to tell, not because you hace dirt on then in exchange. I personally know because the amount of secrets I've gathered of all my friendships could fill a book while I hardly told mine.
Ideally that would be the case. A lot of the time trust turns out to be pretty shallow by comparison, especially in romantic relationships.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes it's not enough exposing your body to flatter your ego you also have to blackmail your fan who keeps your secret and helps you.

Author fixes her through a forced miracle (which in the end won't work) or just goes with a horrible FMC (I mean it's fucked right from the start anyway).
lol just because women or in her case girls take lewd picturs of themself it’s ONLY to inflate ego, are you one of thous we******** that think women shoudn’t do whatever they wanna without being sexist to women???0

Group Leader
lol just because women or in her case girls take lewd picturs of themself it’s ONLY to inflate ego,

Mmh... exposing your body to strangers on the net, what reasons over than an ego fix let's see...for money, for fun, for the sexual thrill or finding a partner among other things I suppose? But that seems to be the case in the story as she said herself.

are you one of thous we******** that think women shoudn’t do whatever they wanna without being sexist to women???0

I don't think that it's simple but I don't want to go through a list of "whatevers" :whistle:

Dex-chan lover
Can't really argue with that. A better relationship wouldn't have started with any of this.
Agree in all points.
I don't necessarily think her position is weaker. That's assuming that everyone would take his word that the pick is just her blackmailing him.
His word as "his" is not that needed. Just dropping anonymously the idea on internet or school-related RSS with a few photos, let loony fans to tie the loose knots and she has a huge problem on her hands. Japanese RSS is very scary and manga do depict like it is from time to time.
Not to retaliate, she hasn't actually done anything yet. That's why it's at the level of threats and deterrence. It only works if neither of them have the balls to do something first.
Yeah, keyword here "yet". Just by doing that AND announcing it to him, she made an unnecessary tension of "what if she decides to screw me anyway? What if I stop being useful to her?": she gave the impression of willing to do it regardless of if she has the guts or not. And that tension could give to "If she's going to screw me anyway, why shouldn't I screw her as well?".

Users who are viewing this thread