Fire Force - Vol. 27 Ch. 232 - Mari Kusakabe

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary that's a weird way to put it, this is based on our normal world in a post half apocalyptic setting, after the cataclysm, old religions faded away with many cultures and countries too, the bible or what it used to be is just another tale for them now.

Fed-Kun's army
I wanted to say, "That old baba must be some special kind of dumb because she didn't believe her daughter despite there's even a clear report from the doctor. The author kinda overdid with the characterization there."

But when I think again, we live in a world where flat earthers and anti-vaxxers exist, plus people who refused to wear mask despite there is covid-19 pandemic, so I guess the author doesn't really far from reality here.

@Kefkabot No, that's not it. Their family name is Kusakabe, written as 日下部 - I'm not 100% sure on the point of the 部, but 日下 can be read as 'tomorrow'. Given that 'Shinra' uses the kanji 森羅 from the term shinrabansho, 森羅万象, meaning 'all things in nature' or 'all creation', my best guess would be that Mari adopted the name Kusakabe so that 'Shinra Kusakabe' would be the 'tomorrow of all creation' - the hope of the future.

all things considered this does re contextualize everything that happened in the beginning regarding shinra's grandmother refusing to look after him after the fire 12 years ago.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata The reason I phrased it like such is that a virgin birth in our world is obviously impossible. However, if this woman was capable of doing so than it stands to reason that Jesus' virgin birth wouldn't be far-fetched. And if it wasn't, then the rest of Jesus' mythology would be possible too.

Wait, did shinra knows that he doesn't have a father?
And what about Sho? Wasn't he a couple year younger than shinra? Will marie experienced a second virgin birth?

@YTakeru00 Shou, written with 象, means 'shape', 'form' or 'phenomenon' - nothing really jumps out at me immediately, but there's a few possibilities. 象る, the verb form, can mean 'to imitate' or 'to symbolize', and 象徴 (shouchou) means symbol/emblem/representation; the kanji seems to lend itself very much to notions of symbolism as a concept, which would fit with the messiah-archetype Sho has been raised to fill.

Users who are viewing this thread